Deleting a game from PS5 but it remains on the Home Screen

Juxta-Dowgle

Does anyone else have an issue when you delete a game from your PS5 (either a disc game or digital, seems to happen to both), whereby it stays on your PS5 home bar with a greyed out background and you cannot delete it or remove from your homebar in anyway?

Its happened to me with 4-5 games now and on top of just looking ugly, it also means less of my most recent games appear, meaning I have to access the library more than I would like too. 

It seems to happen completely at random, and the only way I have found to fix it is to re-install the game, then delete it again and hope the best, which is time consuming and also not possible with disc based games I have traded in/sold.

If anyone has a solution please advise :) Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I'm pretty sure you did the restore all licenses, which works for the digital games. Will you try the thing I suggested in that thread with the disc game. Start reinstalling it, then cancel the reinstall while its in progress. I've done that with games on my own system. 

No longer have the disc unfortunately :( I sold the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

No longer have the disc unfortunately :( I sold the game

That sucks. If you don't have a disc anymore, or lost access to a digital game (like you got refunded or ended your PS+ service) I think your only option then is to boot into safe mode and trigger it to rebuild the database.