Delete Hitman 2 after carryover?

Boogie_Anderson

Yup - it seems like it shouldn’t be the case, since Hitman 2 is so much larger in file size than Hitman 3, but it seems that IOI have just done some streamlining magic and reduced the footprint of the game massively for 3.

Once Hitman 3 is installed, it is the only Hitman you need on there!

Just stumbled on this topic and now I have a question now based on the phrasing here. Do you need Hitman 2 installed to claim the legacy maps for Hitman 3? I don't have Hitman 3 yet (already done the progression carry-over though) and don't currently have Hitman 2 installed because it's pretty beefy and I need the space.

Will I specifically have to reinstall 2? I remember that being the case to get 1's maps in 2 so it wouldn't surprise me, it's just, like I say, a beefy install xD

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Just stumbled on this topic and now I have a question now based on the phrasing here. Do you need Hitman 2 installed to claim the legacy maps for Hitman 3? I don't have Hitman 3 yet (already done the progression carry-over though) and don't currently have Hitman 2 installed because it's pretty beefy and I need the space.

Will I specifically have to reinstall 2? I remember that being the case to get 1's maps in 2 so it wouldn't surprise me, it's just, like I say, a beefy install xD

I'm also interested to know this as I don't actually own the game anymore as I sold it. I can see in the store there's download listed as free for both games so I guess i don't but some clarification would be nice

38 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

AFAIK, you don't need to. Unlike what happened with HITMAN 1 when it comes to HITMAN 2 it checks what version of the game is in your library and/or if you own the Expansion Pass. No installation should be required.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yup - it seems like it shouldn’t be the case, since Hitman 2 is so much larger in file size than Hitman 3, but it seems that IOI have just done some streamlining magic and reduced the footprint of the game massively for 3.

Once Hitman 3 is installed, it is the only Hitman you need on there!

? yea maybe. Thanks guys ??

7 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

7 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I'm also interested to know this as I don't actually own the game anymore as I sold it. I can see in the store there's download listed as free for both games so I guess i don't but some clarification would be nice

i’m gonna say no - full disclosure, I did have Hitman 2 installed when I downloaded Hitman 3 - specifically incase this was the case, but I did not have Hitman 1 installed - and the unlock process was the same for both - just a 1kb download to ‘unlock’ the levels.

It didn’t seem like the Hitman 3 process of unlocking the legacy content was searching my console though, it seemed to just be based on purchase history on the store. Certainly I never had to load up Hitman 2 to do any kind of transfer unlock type stuff (like we did for Hitman 1 stuff in Hitman 2).

Not sure how this might differ if you have /had the previous games on disc though. All my Hitman stuff was bought digitally.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1