Reduced trophy list

The game is shorter than other R&C games (1-3, deadlocked, Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time), but other than that I don't know. Full Frontal Assault also has 23 trophies and that game can be finished in 5 hours. I really don't want this to become a standard for the PS3/4 games. But I'm glad the platinum has a different image instead if that horrible All 4 One plat.

To be honest, I kinda like points system from MS better - allow for much better scaling and comparing. Only thing it needs is bonus points and markers for completed games and it would be golden (eg. 1000p/game + 250p and platinum-like marker for going 100%, some other marker and smaller, ~25% bonus for 100%ing downloadables; at the same time requiring specific points values from retail, downloadables and DLCs for them - no exceptions).

Ratchet and Clank has 1140 trophy points and The Last of Us has 1185 trophy points.

This is totally average for retail games - most are between 1120 - 1250. There are a few wierd outliers like Lumines on the Vita, which only has like 300 (now THAT is a reduced trophy list!)

I think you have been misinformed?

• Like 2

Ratchet and Clank has 1140 trophy points and The Last of Us has 1185 trophy points.

This is totally average for retail games - most are between 1120 - 1250. There are a few wierd outliers like Lumines on the Vita, which only has like 300 (now THAT is a reduced trophy list!)

I think you have been misinformed?

It's not about the amount of points, but the amount of trophies.

Ideal Trophy List;

30 Bronze

15 Silver

5 Golds

1 Platinum

Total of 51 trophies.

Lol, yeah, how about 100 bronze, 1000 silver, a million gold and a billion platinum per game?!

Wouldn't that be sweet, then our points totals could be completely meaningless!

The developers have to stick to the designated point total, otherwise the system would fall apart. They can't add loads of extra points into one game over the othr jut because you want it

They need to keep rough pairity with Xbox point too, so the systems are roughly comparable, and so thry can code the same trophy/acheivement set into both.

It's not about the amount of points, but the amount of trophies.

But that doesnt matter, only the total points matter, since your PSN level is based on points total, not trophy total.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I know, but that were this discussion is about. Games like The Last of Us and R&C Full Frontal Assault also had trophy lists with 23 (give or take a few) trophies.

Fair enough, my bad.

I do think that doing the opposite, and having too many tophies has its problems too though - as they end up having tiny points awarded for long and/or difficult tasks so they can squeeze in more trophies within the allowable points limit.

Look at GTA 4, AWP trophy is a bronze? Seriously?!

Do you remember those Desmond missions in AC Revelations? Nuff said.

Ive platted every AC game and never had any glitches.

TBH I wasnt aware that there was well known glitches in them. Good solid games as I recall, give or take a few fairly serious framerate foul-ups!