Possible to 100% solo offline?

whittle181

Let us assume that next month the online servers are shut down for this game.
I can see that from the base game the only online trophy is for getting 'Traits' but if I have the DLC am I correct in saying that this can be done offline?
Are there any other DLC trophies (such as survival mode) which are online only?
Obviously I know that getting these trophies is going to be so much easier in online co-op, but is it the ONLY way?

28 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

Let us assume that next month the online servers are shut down for this game.
I can see that from the base game the only online trophy is for getting 'Traits' but if I have the DLC am I correct in saying that this can be done offline?
Are there any other DLC trophies (such as survival mode) which are online only?
Obviously I know that getting these trophies is going to be so much easier in online co-op, but is it the ONLY way?

You can do everything solo and offline, although the game is more fun in coop (in my opinion, of course). With the addition of the DLCs there are enough traits to get 30 without the ones requiring playing with other players. 

No other trophies were online-only before the DLCs, and no DLC trophies require online play either. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

You can do everything solo and offline, although the game is more fun in coop (in my opinion, of course). With the addition of the DLCs there are enough traits to get 30 without the ones requiring playing with other players. 

No other trophies were online-only before the DLCs, and no DLC trophies require online play either. 

kinda offtopic, but how tough are the DLC:s compared to the main games trophy list?

Just now, Vern3r0z said:

kinda offtopic, but how tough are the DLC:s compared to the main games trophy list?

I would say the base game is around a 5/10 (my experience is in 2-player online coop, it might be a bit tougher solo), the second DLC "Subject 2923" is around the same level of difficulty. 

However, beating 10 bosses in Survival mode in the "Swamps of Corsus" DLC is no joke, and I would rate it at least a 7/10. I would recommend doing this one either solo or with 2 people. The scaling for a party of 3 was way too high when I played it. Maybe they changed things up though. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I would say the base game is around a 5/10 (my experience is in 2-player online coop, it might be a bit tougher solo), the second DLC "Subject 2923" is around the same level of difficulty. 

However, beating 10 bosses in Survival mode in the "Swamps of Corsus" DLC is no joke, and I would rate it at least a 7/10. I would recommend doing this one either solo or with 2 people. The scaling for a party of 3 was way too high when I played it. Maybe they changed things up though. 

I got the plat + DLCs recently and I can say that the Survival mode is crazy unfair, you have to be pretty damn good at the game to solo it or have a high RNG on your side. You even have to proceed carefully to do the Survival in coop. 

Also, this game in general is pretty unfair so I recommend playing coop if able to at least gain access to the revive mechanic. 

Answering the OP question. Yes, you can do this game 100% offline solo, but in my opinion it is harder.

Edited by Alistayr94
  • Like 1

survival is mental difficult and you would definitely need a team.

you learn which areas are the best for farming currency, buy items at start that help with currency, slowly and meticulously farm the good farm areas and balls to the wall speedrun the rest to 10th boss. good if you and friends all have beam rifle, becomes cake then.

survival took me 2 weeks, loved every second of it. when the dlc launched it was right around first lockdown and internet was screwed, there was a bug which would cause the boss to lag out, but queue up every attack and just spam an entire fights worth of attacks in 10 seconds and it made certain bosses an instant wipe scenario. they did fix it but not before i nearly lost my sanity.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 10:31 PM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

survival is mental difficult and you would definitely need a team.

you learn which areas are the best for farming currency, buy items at start that help with currency, slowly and meticulously farm the good farm areas and balls to the wall speedrun the rest to 10th boss. good if you and friends all have beam rifle, becomes cake then.

survival took me 2 weeks, loved every second of it. when the dlc launched it was right around first lockdown and internet was screwed, there was a bug which would cause the boss to lag out, but queue up every attack and just spam an entire fights worth of attacks in 10 seconds and it made certain bosses an instant wipe scenario. they did fix it but not before i nearly lost my sanity.

Thanks for that - does increasing the players ramp up the difficulty in Survival? Is there also an option for couch co-op?

Just now, whittle181 said:

Thanks for that - does increasing the players ramp up the difficulty in Survival? Is there also an option for couch co-op?

Yes, the difficulty scales with the number of players. As I mentioned above, I would recommend doing survival alone or in a party of 2, as it is significantly easier than attempting it with a full party. 

As for couch-coop, there is no such option. This is online-coop only, and only up to 3 players. 

• Like 1