Control appreciation thread

TrafalgarWarGrey

On 27/02/2021 at 5:44 PM, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Today i got 100% completition on Control.It has a great gameplay and an even better story.It was an hell of story and fun journey to play this game.I enjoyed the various ability and the boss fights.Dlc also are great with an arcade mode to fight again previous boss.

I really don’t feel control in the same way as you do. I think it was pretty cool and a solid 7/8 out of 10 but the map was extremely frustrating. The objectives were somewhat confusing at points. Combat was decent. Superpowers were interesting and good. Story was pretty good. But it didn’t blow me away in any element of the game. Really surprised it was so critically acclaimed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:49 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

Actually the story to me looks like something a person who got drugs came out with, lol.

Jenny did Drugs.

More games need to give their employees drugs, because they nailed how to do collectables, if you are incorporating them.

Also I just started and I'm loving the third person and 'drug' :] moments.  Trippy.

Control is the worst platinum trophy I've ever done. Took me a whole 47 hours because I was so confused about everything. Thank god for no death and one hit kills. Might do it again on PS5 if I want to die. :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree to an extent, 60ish percent of the way to the platinum and proper enjoying myself! Unfortunately, the story is all over the place and the lore isn't very enticing, but regardless, I'm more gameplay over the story and the gameplay is very fun, definitely a decent game!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Every time the game was slowing down apace and flirting with boredom something incredible -and absurd in its own way, but then again, what can be considered absurd in a game with paranormal premises- reeled me back in, like the Ashtray Maze sequence. Even the ending, so anticlimactic, so lackluster and unsatisfying, like handing out scraps to wrap up the story... oh shit, is that Fear of a blank planet? 10/10

Jokes aside, the game was incredible and a lot of fun. You constantly feel the oppressive nature of the Hiss from the tiniest nook to vastest cyclopean hall of the Bureau, all aspects that both you as a player and Jesse as a character know nothing of, as you are left alone to explore and make sense of this hostile environment. Even so, the game's name couldn't be more apt: you always feel in control. Heck, you can turn on cheats and tweak the game to tailor your needs, any time, anywhere. But this main theme is also what brings down the whole narrative, in my eyes: it all boils down to a sci-fi coming of age drama, left open-ended because, you know, free-roam and DLCs, but nevertheless still enjoyable for the most part. Collectibles included, which I never actively searched and found myself aching to have more in order to know more of Control's world.

In a way, it is quite the opposite of its' predecessor Alan Wake: bland story, entertaining gameplay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm halfway through the game right now and I'm enjoying it. I found it pretty boring at first, but now that I'm familiar with the game systems I'm having a lot of fun. 

The story is bonkers and tbh I don't really care for it. I do enjoy the fights, the puzzles and the exploration though. It's also VERY satisfying to destroy the entire environment just for the sake of it.