Damn, I'm Good Trophy (Using ingame Cheats)

SkyTheB1RD

Hey everyone!

If you are still missing the Damn, I'm Good Trophy for Duke Nukem Forever, here is what to do to get it the more easy way with ingame cheats. Thanks to all the people who were sharing this glitch. I tested it with both versions: Duke Nukem Forever (v1.03) + DLC and Duke Nukem Forever (JP).

Notes:

• I'm not the founder of the glitch, i just found it on other forums and sharing this with you.
  • You need to unlock ingame cheats first by completing the game on at least "Let's Rock" difficulty
  • Using this glitch will allow you to play sections of the game with Godmode + InstaKill enabled.
  • Use chapter select for any level where you are missing a full playthrough on Damn, I'm Good difficulty.
  • The glitch only works between checkpoints! You can't pass two or three checkpoints in a row without "resetting" the glitch.
  • Check anytime back in the chapter select menu if the specific level is completed on insane difficulty (It is indicated with the nuke symbols).
  • Always activate cheats from the main menu! There is no other way of doing this, otherwise the glitch won't work.

What you need to do:

1. Use chapter select for a level where you are missing a full playthrough on Damn, I'm Good difficulty (It is indicated with the nuke symbols).
  2. Start playing the level as normal until you reach a hard section where you are struggling with.
  3. Quit to main menu.
  4. From the main menu goto the cheat section and activate -> Invincible, InstaKill (Ignore the warnings)
  5. Continue the campaign from the main menu (Campaign -> Continue campaign (No chapter select!))
  6. Now play with cheats enabled the hard section until you see the notification "Saving Game".
  7. If the notification "Saving Game" appears, quickly quit to main menu.
  8. Again continue the campaign from the main menu (Campaign -> Continue campaign (No chapter select!))
  9. Cheats are turned off, play as usual.
  10. If you get stuck again, repeat from step 3.

• If the level has no more checkpoints (Section where the level ends), go into the cheats menu (in-game) and turn them off before you reach the next level.
  • If the level has two or three parts, turn the cheats off when the screen starts to dim (fade to black), then repeat from step 3 (when the next part is loaded).

Edited by SkyTheB1RD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Is this using the latest update version or a previous/unpatched version?

Yes, i did it on the latest version v1.03.

41 minutes ago, Conker said:

Does this work on both lists? Does it work on the dlc?

Didn't tried it on the DLC, have to buy it first. What you mean with both lists?

41 minutes ago, Conker said:

Also how soon into a level can you use the cheats? 

Right from the beginning, if you mean this. After you have selected a level from the chapter menu and spawn, the game already saved the last state. So you could quit to the main menu and activate the cheats and continue the campaign right there.

There is no rule, it all depends on how hard you try the levels on insane difficulty without cheats. A good example is the second Chapter "Damn! It's Late". You can easily progress this chapter without cheats (No enemies, just walking) and you can avoid all the extra loading times, since you don't have to leave the game everytime when a checkpoint is reached.

Edited by SkyTheB1RD

9 minutes ago, SkyTheB1RD said:

Didn't tried it on the DLC, have to buy it first. What you mean with both lists?

There are 2 stacks for this game i.e. Global and Censored JP but the Japanese version is stuck on v1.02 because it never got the trophy DLC.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/891-duke-nukem-forever

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1401-duke-nukem-forever

Oh good to know :D

Well, i didn't know about that, but i think the glitch should also work on the JP version. No guarantee of course, but i don't think they changed the behaviour on how the game checks if ingame cheats were used or not^^ So it should be the same.

• 3 months later...

If you use cheats and forget to turn them off and beat the level. Does the symbol that shows what difficulty you've beaten the level on still light up? Or does it stay dark? Because I finished a level and at the end when it was fading to dark I didn't hit pause in time so I closed game by hitting ps button when it was loading next level and when I got back to level select screen it showed the insane icon colored in ? do I have to redo the level or am I good?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

If you use cheats and forget to turn them off and beat the level. Does the symbol that shows what difficulty you've beaten the level on still light up? Or does it stay dark? Because I finished a level and at the end when it was fading to dark I didn't hit pause in time so I closed game by hitting ps button when it was loading next level and when I got back to level select screen it showed the insane icon colored in 1f914.png do I have to redo the level or am I good?

No, you are still fine then. As long as the icon is colored, you're all good^^

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 04/07/2021 at 10:26 PM, JewishPanCaKe said:

If you use cheats and forget to turn them off and beat the level. Does the symbol that shows what difficulty you've beaten the level on still light up? Or does it stay dark? Because I finished a level and at the end when it was fading to dark I didn't hit pause in time so I closed game by hitting ps button when it was loading next level and when I got back to level select screen it showed the insane icon colored in 1f914.png do I have to redo the level or am I good?

I couldn't get the trick to work at the end of Shrunk Machine (after that really terrible fight with the giant enforcer) so I followed your tip and waited a bit longer when it said "saving".
I hit the power button as soon as the game showed the loading screen for the next level, started up the game again - and it had saved my progress as having beaten Shrunk Machine on insane ?

• Like 1