Introducing: The Amazon Playstation Network Store

skateak

"You read that headline right. We're very excited to introduce the Amazon Playstation Network Store, an alternate venue to purchase digital Playstation content for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita.P

The downside of going all digital for the next-gen consoles was going to be restricting yourself to only one storefront for potential deals, but now that's not an issue. Sony already leaves its competitors in the dust when it comes to sales, especially with its Playstation Plus program, and adding Amazon's deal muscle to the mix increases the potential savings exponentially.

To celebrate the launch of the store, Amazon will be offering $5 PSN credit back on select digital purchases, and even better, customers who participate in the limited time buy two get one free promotion starting at noon ET today (Tuesday) will also get a bonus $5 PSN credit.P

We can't wait to see what digital deals Amazon brings to the PSN table, and we'll be back before the B2G1 free promo goes live to remind you again." 

Can't get the forum to hyperlink so the link are tinyurl.

Source-http://tinyurl.com/mrxtbpz

Amazon Store-http://tinyurl.com/kbqc2ja

Edited by skateak

"You read that headline right. We're very excited to introduce the Amazon Playstation Network Store, an alternate venue to purchase digital Playstation content for Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Playstation Vita.P

The downside of going all digital for the next-gen consoles was going to be restricting yourself to only one storefront for potential deals, but now that's not an issue. Sony already leaves its competitors in the dust when it comes to sales, especially with its Playstation Plus program, and adding Amazon's deal muscle to the mix increases the potential savings exponentially.

To celebrate the launch of the store, Amazon will be offering $5 PSN credit back on select digital purchases, and even better, customers who participate in the limited time buy two get one free promotion starting at noon ET today (Tuesday) will also get a bonus $5 PSN credit.P

We can't wait to see what digital deals Amazon brings to the PSN table, and we'll be back before the B2G1 free promo goes live to remind you again." 

Can't get the forum to hyperlink so the link are tinyurl.

Source-http://tinyurl.com/mrxtbpz

Amazon Store-http://tinyurl.com/kbqc2ja

can i use the Code here in Eu?

i Found this here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=dsvrt_availability_tou?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200205280

Amazon Games and Software Terms of Use

4.2. Geographic Restrictions.

The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S.

Virgin Islands.

but i could not find out if you could use the password here in EU ?

Edited by ridwaano

can i use the Code here in Eu?

i Found this here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=dsvrt_availability_tou?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200205280

Amazon Games and Software Terms of Use

4.2. Geographic Restrictions.

The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S.

Virgin Islands.

but i could not find out if you could use the password here in EU ?

" We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States." Doesn't sound like you can use it in EU at the moment.

Edited by skateak

This is still crap. "The downside of going all digital for the next-gen consoles was going to be restricting yourself to only one storefront for potential deals, but now that's not an issue." What a line of bs.

IMO, the biggest problem with digital content is that you can't resell it. When I'm done with games, I usually resell them and make a lot of my money back. As a side note, I never sell them to GameStop since they give you about 1/3 of what the game is actually worth and then resell it themselves for a huge profit.

They are going all digital to kill the resell market. Think about it - how do they make their money? By selling new games. If I sell my used game to my friend, then none of these big companies see any of that money and that's why they wanna go all digital. That's also why they try to get you hooked on playing their games (usually trying to hook you on playing online). So that way if I'm hooked and don't wanna give up my game, I won't sell it to my friend or whoever and that person has a better chance of going out and buying it new to help make the big companies rich.

Screw them for taking the resell option away from us.

This is still crap. "The downside of going all digital for the next-gen consoles was going to be restricting yourself to only one storefront for potential deals, but now that's not an issue." What a line of bs.

IMO, the biggest problem with digital content is that you can't resell it. When I'm done with games, I usually resell them and make a lot of my money back. As a side note, I never sell them to GameStop since they give you about 1/3 of what the game is actually worth and then resell it themselves for a huge profit.

They are going all digital to kill the resell market. Think about it - how do they make their money? By selling new games. If I sell my used game to my friend, then none of these big companies see any of that money and that's why they wanna go all digital. That's also why they try to get you hooked on playing their games (usually trying to hook you on playing online). So that way if I'm hooked and don't wanna give up my game, I won't sell it to my friend or whoever and that person has a better chance of going out and buying it new to help make the big companies rich.

Screw them for taking the resell option away from us.

You're seeing this the wrong way.  This is approaching the way PC gaming is.  Yes, you can rarely sell used PC games anymore, but that's more than compensated by ridiculously low prices.  This is only possible when there's competition, and up until now, the only way to purchase digital games in consoles was through the consoles themselves.  That meant no competition and not many sales.  Now things are going to change for the better.

And don't be an alarmist.  The retail market is not going anywhere.

I honestly hope they end up doing this for PSN EU, as an Aussie, this will be bloody awesome because our games retail as cheap as $65-$70 and as expensive as $110 for a newly release game depending if it is on sale and the retailer selling it. If they can sell games for $60 AUD, I would love to pick up a few games from here. Most of our games sell on the high retail end and my cheapest retail games were the new R&C Nexus for $40 brand new and COD: Ghosts for $64 from Target brand new (I think its back to high retail price now).

It's a huge money maker if this gets released for Australia. :D