Acing Levels

Quikdrawjoe

I've struggled for months with various levels in LBP and with the PS4 only 3 days away now I'm hoping to clean up missing trophies.  Which leads me to the hope that a nice person/people will help me ace a level/levels to finish off my last trophy for this hellish platinum.  I still need to ace:

• The Bunker
  • The Construction Site

There are other levels but those two are the biggest ones.

Everyone is correct. Acing levels while playing with others is more difficult. There are videos on YouTube on how to ace the bunker. The hardest part is the spinning wheel of death. If you play it enough, the level up to the wheel will become easy like breathing. It's that wheel that gives everyone (including me) trouble.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post but I found something that may be relevant- if you're having trouble acing levels, if you ever get into a situation where you know you are going to die, pause the game, and turn off your controller. Wait until your sack person disappears and the game asks you to turn on your controller. You will be at the previous checkpoint (paused). The portal will count it as a lost life, so you can only do it a limited number of times. BUT if you do this you still get the sticker for acing the level.

I haven't tried to ace the Bunker yet so not sure if it would be useful there but it was definitely useful for the Fire Pits challenge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update to my earlier post- turning off the controller only works if you definitely haven’t died. So it’s pretty useless for The Bunker as you are considered dead the nanosecond you touch anything electrified. However you don’t die immediately when you hit fire, so if you pause and turn off your controller after first making contact with fire it works fine.

It also works for the very last boss as electrified obstacles fall from the sky. Just pause, turn off your controller, disappear, reconnect and stay safe by the portal until the sky stops raining death.

The bunker is my last level, I’m sure I’ll get it eventually... probably. Beating limbo without dying was easier than this -_-

• 4 years later...

I know I'm far too late to be replying to this, but I found a way to 'survive' imminent death (Electricity, Spikes, etc.) If you've died pause immediately, make sure you haven't respawned, then hold PS and assign your controller to port 2, then go back to the game, select 'guest' and you'll respawn with no lives lost.Though I found that this only works once (if you try and switch to controller port 3, it'll respawn you as your main and won't give you the option to spawn as guesr). I haven't tested this enough, but it definitely works as I aced one of The Islands' levels with this method,

Hope this helps :)

Acing levels was never really very difficult in LBP anyway.

Servers were shutdown for this game last year so i doubt many Trophy Hunters will be trying for it anymore unless they already did all the online some years ago and had just not gotten around to finishing off the other Trophies for the Platinium.