Is this game 100% achievable with all DLC's?

Pottercito_

9 hours ago, B1rvine said:

There's no online trophies. In the USA at least, the DLCs are still available for purchase, priced at $29.99.

The game is hard as nails though. In particular, Commando, Ghosts n Goblins, and Gun Smoke are nearly impossible. 9 / 10, 9 / 10, and 11 / 10 difficulties on those.  Son Son and Pirate Ship Higemaru are no joke either, probably both 7 / 10 difficulty. 1942 has a really annoying sequence too, where the final enemy spawns about a 1/4th of a second before the level automatically ends, making a 100% kill rate annoying and a 5.5 / 10 difficulty. Looking at your existing list, nothing comes close to the difficulty of this game.

30 dollars for DLC. Is it worth it?

I may want to give it a try. I am really good at retro games like Sonic, Golden axe, alex kidd, earthworm jim. Although I have never tried a fighting old school game ( I did not live the arcade era), I was born on 2001 and I've only played retro games on the Sega Genesis and Megadrive, but maybe I can give it a try to this type of games that I have never tried.

This game includes like many games, but at least there should be fighting, and other type of games that I did not played because that was not my era.

Edited by Pottercito_

40 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I may want to give it a try. I am really good at retro games like Sonic, Golden axe, alex kidd, earthworm jim. Although I have never tried a fighting old school game ( I did not live the arcade era), I was born on 2001 and I've only played retro games on the Sega Genesis and Megadrive, but maybe I can give it a try to this type of games that I have never tried.

This game includes like many games, but at least there should be fighting, and other type of games that I did not played because that was not my era.

Worth it for the retro games passion, not worthy for the trophies.

The difficult on some of the games is extreme as stated before. 

All the games you mentioned are nothing compared to commando or gunsmoke. Commando is difficult but it's a 15-20 mins playthrough total, gunsmoke has no save function and it took me like 14 hours straight and like 200-300 deaths, maybe more. Look at some YouTube videos and see yourself if it fits you. For sure, if you play for fun, those games are great and pieces of gaming history. Good luck with your choice 

23 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

It will vary from person to person I suppose. The base game and all DLCs give you a total of 16 games (two don't have trophies directly related to them). They're all based on old coin operated arcade machines that were designed in a way to keep taking your quarters so you could continue, after dying a lot.

The titles length in time vary, but I'd say they all take 30 to 60 minutes, if you play optimally. Some you may get done this quick, others will take longer. A few of the games have no continues whatsoever, and you start over from the beginning when you run out of lives, where others have the occasional checkpoint.

30 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Depending on your definition of "Fighters", there may not be any in this pack. Trojan is a Beat'em Up. Avengers could be classified as a Beat'em Up too. Other than that, they're pretty much all side scrolling platformers or vertically scrolling shooters. There's nothing like Street Fighter / Mortal Kombat though. I'd say google the games to get an idea of what they look like. 

• Like 2

Thank you guys, maybe I could give it a try, I like retro games besides being too young, I would like to try this package. Trophies seemd 10/10, surely I will dedicate all time possible to earn them xD, even if it means no- social life. Thank you for the heads up, and yeah wirh fighting games I was refering to something similar to Mortal Kombat or Street fighter, those typical games that you think first when someone says to you "Arcade" xDD. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/XBH6YaI 

Here's how long it took me 100% total, as you can see the last session was 36 hours in a row because of Gun Smoke. This game is really brutal, the AI is perfect and there are no mistakes. Not wanting to scare you, but this game traumatized me a little and made me rethink whether it is worth working so hard for trophies lol. Good luck if you are going to try this!

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/XBH6YaI 

Here's how long it took me 100% total, as you can see the last session was 36 hours in a row because of Gun Smoke. This game is really brutal, the AI is perfect and there are no mistakes. Not wanting to scare you, but this game traumatized me a little and made me rethink whether it is worth working so hard for trophies lol. Good luck if you are going to try this!

Wao xD maybe I could try thisandif it is too hard for me idk. If after 500 hours I still can not then I will give up. I do not have 10/10 dif games actually. Maybe my hardests ones are Mirrors Edge and Sonic Transformed (I used the ghost glitch at the end because it did not worked for me at the beggining, I completed allmost all ghost/development high scores) so I personally would give it a 9/10, because I used the glitch at the very end, but with the glitch maybe 7.5 - 8/10. But surely not a 10/10 haha

Edited by Pottercito_

This is probably one of the hardest 100 percent titles I have ever gone for.

I definitely say if you find yourself thinking you cannot do Commando or Gunsmoke because the games are too difficult for you, then you can just tell yourself to completely give up on 100 percenting the Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

For starters I will play Avengers. Compared to the other arcade games it is probably the easiest. Infinite continues allow you to continue endless, so even if you use dozens of continues you can eventually push through and beat the game.

Some of the others are self explanatory. The first noticeable difficulty spike is Trojan. It has wonky hit mechanics and you die very easily in this game. Speed Rumbler was a little annoying but far from the hardest. 1942 is difficult, very easy to die in this one and it is a bit time consuming. Pirate Ship Higemaru will be another difficulty spike because it is one of three games in this collection that do not allow continues. You have to find a squid in a barrel, which won't happen until you reach at least level 13. Controls are wonky and there is a slight delay when you release barrels, so just be wary of that. Takes a lot of practice and trial and error to get far in this game. Ghosts n Goblins is another rather difficult game. Enemies are relentless, I probably died 100+ times just trying to get to the 5th or 6th level. You will need a shield weapon to beat Astaroth, otherwise you are screwed. 

Now.... I am going to put Gunsmoke, Commando and Son Son in their own separate category because I believe these are the three games that are the real breaker for earning 100 percent. Gunsmoke, despite the fact that it has continues, is probably one of the most difficult and infuriating arcade games I ever played. Utterly brutal, with some horrible checkpoints and ruthless, savage enemy AI that is completely unpredictable. Level 6 will be a bone breaker and so will the final boss in level 10. It took me 10+ hours to beat Gunsmoke, so @kevao97 is right on the money.

Commando and Son Son are the only ones left I need for 100 percent. Getting either of these done will also get me the trophy for No Continues. For Son Son I definitely suggest getting an online boosting partner. The game is far easier with two people as one player can manage the top rows and the other player can manage the bottom rows. Commando is a bear, it's an incredibly challenging and difficult shmup with unpredictable AI. You will die randomly, you will never die in the same locations. It is fast paced and brutal, expect to die a good 50 - 100 times before you really get a feel for the game.

Beating this collection is possible, it's just extremely difficult. Given how old these games are they were designed to eat quarters as fast as possible, which was standard for the era. But if you can get all the trophies, you got yourself a highly prestigious and highly respected 100 percent title fully complete.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I definitely say if you find yourself thinking you cannot do Commando or Gunsmoke because the games are too difficult for you, then you can just tell yourself to completely give up on 100 percenting the Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

For starters I will play Avengers. Compared to the other arcade games it is probably the easiest. Infinite continues allow you to continue endless, so even if you use dozens of continues you can eventually push through and beat the game.

Some of the others are self explanatory. The first noticeable difficulty spike is Trojan. It has wonky hit mechanics and you die very easily in this game. Speed Rumbler was a little annoying but far from the hardest. 1942 is difficult, very easy to die in this one and it is a bit time consuming. Pirate Ship Higemaru will be another difficulty spike because it is one of three games in this collection that do not allow continues. You have to find a squid in a barrel, which won't happen until you reach at least level 13. Controls are wonky and there is a slight delay when you release barrels, so just be wary of that. Takes a lot of practice and trial and error to get far in this game. Ghosts n Goblins is another rather difficult game. Enemies are relentless, I probably died 100+ times just trying to get to the 5th or 6th level. You will need a shield weapon to beat Astaroth, otherwise you are screwed. 

Now.... I am going to put Gunsmoke, Commando and Son Son in their own separate category because I believe these are the three games that are the real breaker for earning 100 percent. Gunsmoke, despite the fact that it has continues, is probably one of the most difficult and infuriating arcade games I ever played. Utterly brutal, with some horrible checkpoints and ruthless, savage enemy AI that is completely unpredictable. Level 6 will be a bone breaker and so will the final boss in level 10. It took me 10+ hours to beat Gunsmoke, so @kevao97 is right on the money.

Commando and Son Son are the only ones left I need for 100 percent. Getting either of these done will also get me the trophy for No Continues. For Son Son I definitely suggest getting an online boosting partner. The game is far easier with two people as one player can manage the top rows and the other player can manage the bottom rows. Commando is a bear, it's an incredibly challenging and difficult shmup with unpredictable AI. You will die randomly, you will never die in the same locations. It is fast paced and brutal, expect to die a good 50 - 100 times before you really get a feel for the game.

Beating this collection is possible, it's just extremely difficult. Given how old these games are they were designed to eat quarters as fast as possible, which was standard for the era. But if you can get all the trophies, you got yourself a highly prestigious and highly respected 100 percent title fully complete.

Thank you if Sony shutdowns the Store then I can say good bye to this title, yesteerday I bought all my important stuff remaining in PS3 and VITA. I bought all sonic classics, some sega titles of the MegaDrive and yeah, if the store is up after July then I could give this a try. 

Edited by Pottercito_

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Gun Smoke final boss was something else, I still have nightmares with this game lol. Commando and Sonson surprisingly i learned to play, i did them twice for me and my friend. higemaru as you mentioned has a very annoying delay, this game was also one of the last. the games that gave me the most problems were: Gun Smoke> 1942> Trojan. all of them i took a huge amount of time and much below average, Trojan and 1942 took too long and even having continued it was still a nightmare.

If I knew it was still possible, I would tell you if you want to just play the games to buy the 2 PSP Capcom Classics collection bundles for $10 each instead. In the past you could buy them in the webstore, download it to your PS3, and then transfer it to your vita (you can't directly download them with your vita). But I am not sure how many of those steps are no longer possible. I can't recall if you can buy PSP games on the PS3 console store.

1 minute ago, Guardian_owl said:

If I knew it was still possible, I would tell you if you want to just play the games to buy the 2 PSP Capcom Classics collection bundles for $10 each instead. In the past you could buy them in the webstore, download it to your PS3, and then transfer it to your vita (you can't directly download them with your vita). But I am not sure how many of those steps are no longer possible. I can't recall if you can buy PSP games on the PS3 console store.

Isn't the PSP Store shutdown from 5 years ago? And my PSP Go has problems wih the charger, I must buy a new one but I have played all my PSP games btw

3 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Isn't the PSP Store shutdown from 5 years ago? And my PSP Go has problems wih the charger, I must buy a new one but I have played all my PSP games btw

Up until last year when they redid the store, you could still purchase PSP games on the web store and then download them to your PS3 to transfer the install file direct from the PS3 to the vita or PSP. Since the PS3's console store is horrible and I hardly ever used it after they implemented the web store, I don't know if it only sells PS3 playable games or if it also sells PSP games too, since you are able to download the install files to that system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

7 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Up until last year when they redid the store, you could still purchase PSP games on the web store and then download them to your PS3 to transfer the install file direct from the PS3 to the vita or PSP. Since the PS3's console store is horrible and I hardly ever used it after they implemented the web store, I don't know if it only sells PS3 playable games or if it also sells PSP games too, since you are able to download the install files to that system.

The main issue is we are long past the point of seeing discounts for any PS3 or Vita games. I bought the Capcom Arcade Cabinet for $10 - 15 during a PS Store sale back in 2017, so given what it’s currently priced at I’d say skip it. 

Now you can still play this collection on PS Now. If I were you @Pottercito_ then I’d strongly suggest playing it thru Now. 

Don’t go for all the trophies unless you’re willing to put some real serious effort and time into the games. I can safely tell you that Gunsmoke may burn you out completely.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The main issue is we are long past the point of seeing discounts for any PS3 or Vita games. I bought the Capcom Arcade Cabinet for $10 - 15 during a PS Store sale back in 2017, so given what it’s currently priced at I’d say skip it. 

Now you can still play this collection on PS Now. If I were you @Pottercito_ then I’d strongly suggest playing it thru Now. 

Don’t go for all the trophies unless you’re willing to put some real serious effort and time into the games. I can safely tell you that Gunsmoke may burn you out completely.

Actually I paid Now in december for three months just to play some classic games like these, but I could not stream, so these three months I have played downloadable content of Now. I have Now until March 29. That's why i have bought yesterday some sega titles and all the sonics. 

But if DLC is 30 dollars then you are right, these collection is not worth it. I spent 50 dollars yesterday on the stuff I bought, I will not spebd 30- 45 dollars on these. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I did Commando, took ages to finally beat level 8 but I finally got it done. AI is utterly unpredictable and unfair. Died so many times from bullets coming at me randomly, occasionally one soldier will fire a ton of bullets so there's a lot of dodging. Grenades can be an issue but they're not nearly as bad. As for the vehicles, they can be avoided fairly easily once you've played thru the levels several times.

I'm going to say Gunsmoke is still harder because it takes a lot longer to finish, whereas Commando only takes around 10 - 12 minutes from start to finish. Make no mistake, these games are no joke. Anyone with the 100 percent in Capcom Arcade Cabinet gets my respect.

Just need Son Son left to do and I'll finally join the exclusive and prestigious 100 percent club.