Evacuation Bell ? bugged?

My group has been trying to complete the achievement Evacuation Bell on Legend. We're pretty sure that we've satisfied the time requirements about 5 times over different runs. We even saved recordings of the runs for verification. For whatever reason the challenge isn't completing. 

Has anyone else had a problem like this, where you're sure you met the time requirements yet didn't get credit? Did you find that old solutions were maybe out of date or omitted a useful fact?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks. 

Hmm, unfortunately, we didn't have any problem. Which time have you been measuring exactly? The timer starts when you drop down into the Bell-arena, and you need to destroy the bell and (almost) reach the portal within the time limit. 

Also, the trophy won't pop if any other player is alive but didn't reach the portal. What you want to do is have a Handmaiden do the rushing, and have all other players stay back in the arena and get killed. The trophy will pop for everyone regardless. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 2:26 AM, Arcesius said:

Also, the trophy won't pop if any other player is alive but didn't reach the portal. What you want to do is have a Handmaiden do the rushing, and have all other players stay back in the arena and get killed.

My group had some issues with this trophy too. Killing the ogre is what made the challenge unlock. 

Also, the other players don’t need to die. Two people were still up when the trophy popped for us. 

5 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

My group had some issues with this trophy too. Killing the ogre is what made the challenge unlock. 

Also, the other players don’t need to die. Two people were still up when the trophy popped for us. 

Ah that's a good solution too. But if you don't kill the Ogre, you definitely need to have everyone else die :) 

22 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Ah that's a good solution too. But if you don't kill the Ogre, you definitely need to have everyone else die :) 

Our handmaiden was making it to the shadow bridge well under the time limit with the rest of the team dead. That didn’t work for us. 

On our successful attempt, the handmaiden was in the shadow bridge when I landed the killing blow on the ogre and the trophy immediately popped. 

5 minutes ago, Rowdi said:

Our handmaiden was making it to the shadow bridge well under the time limit with the rest of the team dead. That didn’t work for us. 

On our successful attempt, the handmaiden was in the shadow bridge when I landed the killing blow on the ogre and the trophy immediately popped. 

I see... Hmm, I wonder if it has to do with the patch released with the Chaos Wastes DLC. There is no mention of any changes to this trophy, but who knows. It is a huge patch, and on Discord the devs stated that some changes might have been made that are not written in the patch notes (for example, they didn't write anything about Zingler's Bones, but the trophy is fixed regardless). 

In any case, good that it unlocked for your team. If people are having trouble in the future, your solution might be the one to work for them as well. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

Wonder if killing rat ogre is one of requirements along with getting to end in time. Rat ogre despawns (same as killing it gamestate wise) in method where one (usually handmaiden) rushes to shadow bridge and others gets killed. Handmaiden needs to be far enough so rat ogre despawns. 

Edited by Kavatus

2 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Wonder if killing rat ogre is one of requirements along with getting to end in time. Rat ogre despawns (same as killing it gamestate wise) in method where one (usually handmaiden) rushes to shadow bridge and others gets killed. Handmaiden needs to be far enough so rat ogre despawns. 

I think you might be onto something... In fact, despawning enemies used to be the case until Season 3 (Weaves) ended, and they fixed this in Season 4. You cannot longer despawn enemies by going too far. 

This might explain why my solution above used to work, but doesn't anymore now... ?

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

I think you might be onto something... In fact, despawning enemies used to be the case until Season 3 (Weaves) ended, and they fixed this in Season 4. You cannot longer despawn enemies by going too far. 

This might explain why my solution above used to work, but doesn't anymore now... 1f914.png

Worked fine for our group in June. Handmaiden sprinted away with a conc potion while the rest of us died from the ogre. Trophy popped as expected.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Worked fine for our group in June. Handmaiden sprinted away with a conc potion while the rest of us died from the ogre. Trophy popped as expected.

Well, in that case I'm clueless as to why it didn't work for Rowdi ? That's exactly what our group did as well. 

How are the Weaves going btw? Just in case you don't know, your progress from Weaves 41+ gets wiped when the Season changes, so make sure to only play the weaves 41-80 if you know you can finish them during the current season! 

21 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well, in that case I'm clueless as to why it didn't work for Rowdi ? That's exactly what our group did as well. 

How are the Weaves going btw? Just in case you don't know, your progress from Weaves 41+ gets wiped when the Season changes, so make sure to only play the weaves 41-80 if you know you can finish them during the current season! 

We thoroughly dislike weaves. I think our group is at 39 or so. We hardly ever play. A few hours per week. Hard to line up schedules. But we do about 2 to 4 each time we play.

I'm aware of the season change business, but I have no idea when the season might reset.

A question actuallym since 41-80 are just harder versions of 1-40, are the first 20 or so (i.e. 41 to 60) a bit easier than 21 to 40 or is that just wishful thinking?

Just now, BeautifulTorment said:

We thoroughly dislike weaves. I think our group is at 39 or so. We hardly ever play. A few hours per week. Hard to line up schedules. But we do about 2 to 4 each time we play.

I'm aware of the season change business, but I have no idea when the season might reset.

A question actuallym since 41-80 are just harder versions of 1-40, are the first 20 or so (i.e. 41 to 60) a bit easier than 21 to 40 or is that just wishful thinking?

The difficulty changes to Cata for weaves 41-60 and Cata 2 for 61-80, so they are definitely harder than 21 to 40, although knowing the layouts can definitely be an advantage, so that you might finish a couple of weaves faster than in your first iteration (21-30 was Champion, 31-40 was Legend).

But our group did the Weaves first thing after one initial playthrough on Recruit, without having played V1 before either, so we definitely weren't experienced players when we tackled them. They might feel easier for you indeed... Maybe you'll be surprised! :)  

On 09/07/2021 at 9:19 AM, BeautifulTorment said:

having done all 80 on the season 4 here is my experience.

Season 4 is considered the hardest season ever by far. So its not a good one to get the trophy.

The difficulty curve is not linear has you would expect because some winds are much harder to deal with than others (invisibility, super armor, vengeance spirit) and, above all, because some maps are completely broken in terms of requirements, specials spawns, etc.

Overall, i feel like things start to get really difficult after 60 because before that, if you can reach phase 2, you should be pretty safe. After 60, phase 2 starts to get much more difficult, takes more time...

Also phase 1 are still completely unpredictable. 60 is probably the hardest and a group killer. 63 aswell. (you can see panik's videos for those weaves 140-143).

My advice would be to reach 40. Wait a while to see if fatshark wants to drop a new season and use that time to practice new kerilian and build a solid group with decent schedule.

The sister is so broken, i feel like in good hands she can actually make weaves easier. No idea how much, but i have high expectation on that.

And next season could be way easier aswell if you get hardest winds on easy maps.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Arcesius said:

Well, in that case I'm clueless as to why it didn't work for Rowdi 1f602.png That's exactly what our group did as well. 

BT’s group did it before the expansion released on 6/30 and we did it after. 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:55 AM, Arcesius said:

Well, in that case I'm clueless as to why it didn't work for Rowdi 1f602.png That's exactly what our group did as well. 

Helped a friend with evacuation bell last night and it worked without killing the ogre. Only difference between last night and our earlier attempts is that we had the rest of the team die as early as possible.