Thoughts on this game so far?

Johambubger

I've played it for about an hour, and so far I'm really, really into it. Its a bit early to say, but I could see this being game the next roguelite I really delve into, I might even go for the platinum as none of trophy requirements look too absurd, at least not knowing how difficult the bosses are later on. So far it has a great sense of progression, and unlike a lot of other games of this kind, I actually feel like I'm getting stronger by buying better gear and new upgrades between runs. I just beat the first 'boss' and rescued the bomb maker, and that was super rewarding. I can't wait to play more of this. What do y'all think?

Edited by johamburgers
  • Like 3

I put about 6 hours in so far and it is a lot of fun, I think the trophy list is more difficult than it looks. Completing an Othermine run and completing a run with 2 hexes seems difficult but maybe it will become much easier with more upgrades.  Looks like a long plat but im down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

the crashes are annoying but other than that i'm having a blast

Are you on a PS4, Pro or PS5 if you dont mind me asking?  Just wondering if I am going to start having crashes at some point.  Seems to be fine on my end at the moment.

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Are you on a PS4, Pro or PS5 if you dont mind me asking?  Just wondering if I am going to start having crashes at some point.  Seems to be fine on my end at the moment.

I have played for about 15 hours now on ps4 and had no crashes whatsoever. 

Game is super fun but I doubt I will find strength in me to go for platinum. That Othermine completion will be a pain. I do not think that completing a run with two curses will be as problematic as that. 

2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

PS5, crashed about 3 times now and all of them are when I have a lot of relics

Unless they changed things for the console release the othermine shouldn't be as bad as it looks. 

You get the antechamber(room you start in where you pick relics) after every boss fight and there is only 4 bosses to kill instead of 5

Edited by Teh_Zombz

6 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

PS5, crashed about 3 times now and all of them are when I have a lot of relics

Odd maybe try deleting the game and redownloading it.  Does it at least save the game for you before the crash?

Edit: So Soul restored is extremely hard when in the othermine there is an item in the corner that when picked up gives you a Major curse on every single floor, and the Othermine already has none of your progression so it is already quite difficult. You have to finish 4 bosses for the shield to upgrade for the trophy.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

11 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Odd maybe try deleting the game and redownloading it.  Does it at least save the game for you before the crash?

Edit: So Soul restored is extremely hard when in the othermine there is an item in the corner that when picked up gives you a Major curse on every single floor, and the Othermine already has none of your progression so it is already quite difficult. You have to finish 4 bosses for the shield to upgrade for the trophy.

yeah it puts you at the beginning of the room you crashed in so it's not too bad

I didn't even realize Soul Restored was a trophy, probably going to miss out on this plat because of that trophy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...