[Fixed March 10, 2023] Can't install games on my PS3. Error code: 80029509

Caquis_1

12 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

By short time I mean limit, there is a limit to the amount of stuff you can redeem in 24hrs, I've had it a few times. Works fine for me PS Store on PS3, might be because of using an SSD. 

My God how were we able to grab all that content back in the day from a PS3? Thank goodness they invented the Webstore (it no longer supports PSP, PS3 and Vita though)

That limit doesn't seem to exist on modern systems. My other accounts are fine, too (since i didn't get anything with them)

Anyway i only redeemed probably less than 20 items, but now i'll keep the console disconnected for a couple of days and see what happens...

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

My God how were we able to grab all that content back in the day from a PS3? Thank goodness they invented the Webstore (it no longer supports PSP, PS3 and Vita though)

That limit doesn't seem to exist on modern systems. My other accounts are fine, too (since i didn't get anything with them)

Anyway i only redeemed probably less than 20 items, but now i'll keep the console disconnected for a couple of days and see what happens...

Should only be for 24hrs. Last time i got it was on PS4 redeeming 1 month PS Now codes, I redeemed about 12 and was then blocked for 24hrs. 

11 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Something is definitely wrong. The error has not gone away yet and i haven't really used the PS3 in the past two days...

I should've asked this before, are you able to redeem stuff on PS4/5? If so then you aren't blocked which means it shouldn't be an account issue. 

What exactly are you trying to redeem on PS3? I can test to see if I can. 

29 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I should've asked this before, are you able to redeem stuff on PS4/5? If so then you aren't blocked which means it shouldn't be an account issue. 

What exactly are you trying to redeem on PS3? I can test to see if I can. 

Yes i am able to redeem stuff on PS4, got a demo yesterday.

I am not redeeming anything on PS3, i only redeemed stuff on July 7 and that's it, haven't used the Store app since then.

Edited by Lance_87

Nothing, it's been almost a week and the problem keeps happening, on PS3 AND now also on Vita, because i didn't test the Download/Services List before on that system. The error code on Vita is NP-8096-3, by the way.

I haven't really used my PS3 except for watching some movies, mostly disconnected from internet. The few times i tried to reconnect to the internet, the problem keeps happening. I haven't redeemed any other PS3/Vita content after that, and no one else in my family has access to my consoles or know how to use them.

Now, they Download/Services Lists aren't totally not working. Sometimes, the Services List loads, but when it does, i'm getting "corrupted" icons (this only on Vita though) and only the first 100 entries (this on PS3, and  when it worked properly, it loaded 100 entries every few seconds until it loaded all of them)

The Download List, when it loads, it fully loads, but it has a slightly different "behaviour" when you scroll it down, and it's not guaranteed to last. A couple of days ago i managed to reach the bottom of the list on PS3 once or twice without issues, and, having 5500-ish entries on PS3, it takes some minutes.

And this issues has also "plagued" my use of PSDLE. Now the things that i redeemed on that damn day i started getting the errors, are ALWAYS at the top of the list, with most columns blank when they used to be full of informations. When i try to download something on PS3, the downloaded content moves to the top of the PSDLE list, too. Their position on the list from the consoles are correct, though. I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

Probably too hard to understand for most of you guys, but it's exactly what is happening. I can't believe that trying to redeem a couple of free content on a semi-abandoned/wrecked digital store would cause something like this. Now i'm too scared about my old-gen digital games. I'm afraid that the PlayStation Support will never really understand my problem. I don't think restoring my consoles would solve the issues as it's happening on two different systems at the same time, so it must be account-related. Redownloading 1TB worth of data on PS3 takes a LOT.

I really don't know what to do. Nobody else is talking about this issue. Nobody else is probably having this issue AT ALL.

I'm totally desperate.

Again, PS4 is fine.

EDIT: asked to download all my account information. The transaction history is absolutely fine. No duplicates, no weird things.

Edited by Lance_87
PSDLE issue is unrelated to this.

So I set up a new PS3 and went through my download list reinstalling my stuff and it worked fine until I got to my last game, Warhawk.

Now I get error "an error has occurred during the install operation (80029780)". It's only Warhawk that's doing this.

5 hours ago, SG-17 said:

So I set up a new PS3 and went through my download list reinstalling my stuff and it worked fine until I got to my last game, Warhawk.

Now I get error "an error has occurred during the install operation (80029780)". It's only Warhawk that's doing this.

You might've hit the download maximum for that system, wait at least 24 hours before attempting again. If it doesn't work, try again after staying offline for 7 days on that console with that account, also deactivate it and reactivate it again. Also you can only have up to 2 activated PS3 systems in your account.

Edited by StarWolf3000

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, Lance_87 said:

Nothing, it's been almost a week and the problem keeps happening, on PS3 AND now also on Vita, because i didn't test the Download/Services List before on that system. The error code on Vita is NP-8096-3, by the way.

I haven't really used my PS3 except for watching some movies, mostly disconnected from internet. The few times i tried to reconnect to the internet, the problem keeps happening. I haven't redeemed any other PS3/Vita content after that, and no one else in my family has access to my consoles or know how to use them.

Now, they Download/Services Lists aren't totally not working. Sometimes, the Services List loads, but when it does, i'm getting "corrupted" icons (this only on Vita though) and only the first 100 entries (this on PS3, and  when it worked properly, it loaded 100 entries every few seconds until it loaded all of them)

The Download List, when it loads, it fully loads, but it has a slightly different "behaviour" when you scroll it down, and it's not guaranteed to last. A couple of days ago i managed to reach the bottom of the list on PS3 once or twice without issues, and, having 5500-ish entries on PS3, it takes some minutes.

And this issues has also "plagued" my use of PSDLE. Now the things that i redeemed on that damn day i started getting the errors, are ALWAYS at the top of the list, with most columns blank when they used to be full of informations. When i try to download something on PS3, the downloaded content moves to the top of the PSDLE list, too. Their position on the list from the consoles are correct, though. I wonder if it's just a coincidence.

Probably too hard to understand for most of you guys, but it's exactly what is happening. I can't believe that trying to redeem a couple of free content on a semi-abandoned/wrecked digital store would cause something like this. Now i'm too scared about my old-gen digital games. I'm afraid that the PlayStation Support will never really understand my problem. I don't think restoring my consoles would solve the issues as it's happening on two different systems at the same time, so it must be account-related. Redownloading 1TB worth of data on PS3 takes a LOT.

I really don't know what to do. Nobody else is talking about this issue. Nobody else is probably having this issue AT ALL.

I'm totally desperate.

Again, PS4 is fine.

EDIT: asked to download all my account information. The transaction history is absolutely fine. No duplicates, no weird things.

Well... this problem is still happening.

I don't know what to do.

I'll probably open a discussion on Reddit and see if there are others with the same issue... this is one of the worst things ever happened to me in almost 30 years of gaming.

Edited by Lance_87
PSDLE issue is unrelated to this.

Well, after opening the discussion on both the PS3 and Vita subreddits, i've found at least two other users with the very same issue.

They wrote that they never did recent transactions directly from the PS3 or Vita Store apps.

I'm starting to think that this new issue has nothing to do with transactions, but something worse.

Oh and btw, it seems the error codes mentioned in the previous posts have NOTHING to do with doing too many purchases in a short amount of time, wait 24 hours etc. so i don't know why some idiots spread that false information during the past years. The PS3 one is fully documented on PS3 Dev Wiki ("SCE_NP_COMMERCE2_SERVER_ERROR_TIMEOUT_ERROR") while the Vita one isn't, but it works the same way as the PS3 one.

Both users wrote that the issue started happening on JULY, exactly as me.

Edited by Lance_87

Had to delete the Reddit discussions due to general lack of interest, among other things.

BUT... i have some news about this new issue. I've done more tests especially on the Services List on both PS3 and Vita and they seems to be working again, as they loaded all licenses without major errors.

The Download List doesn't scroll the same way as before on PS3 though, but it seems to be usable.

Both lists load slowly, but at last the LOAD.

Still far from perfection, but definitely better than last week. :) will keep you updated in the following days/weeks.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...