Borderlands 3 on PS NOW! But...

fresquinho

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

While I can't answer your question, you should know that BL3 on PS5 is bugged and you cannot obtain some trophies.

What the FUCK!? I just realized that the game came out in November and I see no fix for the platinum. I am shocked, how can someone be so bad at their own job?

Edited by fresquinho

2 hours ago, fresquinho said:

What the FUCK!? I just realized that the game came out in November and I see no fix for the platinum. I am shocked, how can someone be so bad at their own job?

There will be a possible fix in the next update on April 8th, which is when they'll be releasing the director's cut add-on. 

4 hours ago, fresquinho said:

... will the PS5 version also be included!? Sorry I literally just got a PS5 and I am not sure how this works.

I don't think a PS5 version of any game has been offered on PS Now, and Square Enix confirmed that Avengers will be the PS4 version:

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-borderlands-3-and-the-long-dark-join-playstation-now-this-week

So BL3 will most likely be the PS4 version as well.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I don't think a PS5 version of any game has been offered on PS Now, and Square Enix confirmed that Avengers will be the PS4 version:

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-borderlands-3-and-the-long-dark-join-playstation-now-this-week

So BL3 will most likely be the PS4 version as well.

Damnit!!!!! Thanks for the reply... :( 

I actually got the PS5 version, and I don't know how. 

The only thing I can think of is, I have it on disc and enabled the ps5 upgrade a while ago.

However, after grabbing the BL3 digital edition PSNow, I was able to grab the PS5 digital upgrade via the mobile app. It's not timed like PSNow, it literally just gave me the digital version for free 

So, if anyone can try and replicate this, it may actually work with avengers too. How is this useful? If it works then you can rent or borrow either game and technically get the game free to keep forever. 

When searching on the app, you go into the PS4 BL3 then click other versions and go into the PS5 one, that's where it gave me the free upgrade. 

Screenshot-20210406-152656.png

Screenshot-20210406-152913.png

pymifi.jpg

Edited by turniplord

1 minute ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Offcourse you can download the ps5 version then. Dosn't have anything to do with the ps now version.

No. Having a disc and enabling the upgrade means I can download and play the ps5 version if I have the disc in the drive. 

By 'buying' the digital PS4 edition via PSNow this morning, it let me 'buy' the digital upgrade instead - for free. 

So, it gave me the full PS5 edition, digitally, without having to put the disc in the machine, for no extra cost. So, I could technically sell the disc now if I wanted to. 

For some reason, enabling the disc upgrade then grabbing the digital version of the disc has confused the PSN store and it literally converted the disc upgrade into the digital upgrade. 

So yeah, it has everything to do with the PSNow version, I just don't know why. 

Also, the digital PS5 version it enabled doesn't have the time limit in the info screen, like PSNow games do. It's literally the full PS5 version as if I've just bought It for myself. 

On 4/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Maybe it's a glitch. Did you downloaded the "new" BL3 version and played it without the disc? Or do you just asume it works?

As imaged above, I 'bought' the digital upgrade (which I shouldn't have been entitled to, but activating the PSNow version gave me the option to 'buy' it for free. Later on Tuesday, I downloaded BL3 - the PS5 version - and it ran fine, with no disc in the PS5 console. 

It's as if the PS5 saw that I had the disc upgrade active on the account, then 'bought' the digital version, thus allowing me to convert the disc upgrade into a digital upgrade. This PS5 version of BL3 is also, as above, not timed or even linked to being a PSNow activation, it's as if I simply bought the game and it's now mine on my account. 

Would be interesting if anyone else with PSNow and a disc version of the game could test it out and see if it also works for them.

1. Insert the disc and activate the free upgrade to the PS5 version of the game
2. delete the game and go to PS Now and activate the PS4 version via the service
3. Go to the mobile app and search for Borderlands 3, click on it and then pick the PS5 version via the "other versions box (with the arrow)
4. See if it has the PS5 version listed as free - if so, 'buy' it
5. You should now have the PS5 edition of the game without needing your disc anymore.

I don't know if this'll be the same with Avengers (as I only have the digital version of that), but it might be.

6 hours ago, talkingwires said:

Nope, doesn't work for me. The base version of the game is still listed with a price.

Ah, okay. That's strange then because redeeming the PSNow edition after the disc upgrade literally gave me the digital PS5 upgrade - may have been a glitch or something they fixed?