Are there any ties to AC3, or is this more or less its own thing like AC1>AC2?

Basically, I haven't beaten AC3 (I entirely blame the Haytham part, it's so boring.  I hear the game gets better as Connor, but it's just the question is can I slog through the crap to get there), and I really want to play AC4 on PS4.  Is AC4 more or less its own thing like AC1 to AC2 was? I mean, I did read that AC3 was the last Desmond game, so I wouldn't think there would be too many similarities, with a new present day protagonist and a new assassin.  The thing is, a guy at work told me that playing AC4 first would spoil AC3's ending.  No spoilers please, but is this a valid statement?

The best thing for you to do would be to play AC3 and beat it first.  Even though these are different main characters, the stories of past AC games do come up and may possibly spoil some things in previous game.  Just go ahead and play through AC3 (decent game) so you are left with no surprises in AC4 (amazing game).

• Like 1

AC3 wasn't as bad as people made out, but AC4 is in a league of it's own. For me, the difference between AC3 and AC4 is the same difference between AC1 and AC2.

2 & 4 are just better games in every way :)

I agree 100%.  Though I did enjoy AC3, AC4 blows it completely out of the water (and I'm not even a fan of pirates). Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

AC3 wasn't as bad as people made out, but AC4 is in a league of it's own. For me, the difference between AC3 and AC4 is the same difference between AC1 and AC2.

2 & 4 are just better games in every way :)

I agree on this as well, for me AC4 is way more polished than AC3 and has a great atmosphere and feel to it. I've enjoyed every minute of it so far.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up skipping AC3, due to hearing how broken it is. I played through all the rest of the games, other than the handheld and mobile versions, and feel I didn't miss much, other than a few things about Desmond's story. I also hear Connor is far less interesting than Altair. AC4 has been my favorite game in the series since AC2, and I agree with it's comparison. I don't know whether Ezio or Conway is my favorite character, but they're very close to each other in terms of being awesome characters. There's also a number of easter eggs or (hopefully) tie-ins to Watch Dogs as well.