Trophy Guide (Tips)

Thanks for the shoutout, man!

Yeah, having [Circle] as the crouch button felt better to me. It's the same layout that's being used by a lot of modern shooters ever since Call of Duty went modern warfare (pun intended). Linking the crouch function to the right stick would feel unnatural to me. Maybe it would have felt even more modern if they included an option to choose to hold or toggle aiming and crouching. Game's still pretty cool, but Aspyr (the port studio) did not handle this port well. I'm really disappointed in their lackluster approach.

Good luck with the rest of the guide!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Thanks for the shoutout, man!

Yeah, having [Circle] as the crouch button felt better to me. It's the same layout that's being used by a lot of modern shooters ever since Call of Duty went modern warfare (pun intended). Linking the crouch function to the right stick would feel unnatural to me. Maybe it would have felt even more modern if they included an option to choose to hold or toggle aiming and crouching. Game's still pretty cool, but Aspyr (the port studio) did not handle this port well. I'm really disappointed in their lackluster approach.

Good luck with the rest of the guide!

Yeah I agree Aspyr did a really bad job of the port! and thanks for the tips early on! really helped 

• Like 1

Actually as someone who played all 4 star wars ports of aspyr i have to say that this port is waaaaay better than the one of the jedi knight games. I prefer the jedi knight games over republic commando as games themselves (better story and characters in my opinion) but the controls were an absolute nightmare on ps4. Republic commando feels somehow almost modern. When you adjust the controls as mentioned earlier you have a really nice time with this game. You dont need crouch at all so it's pointless. Toggle aim is unfortunate but hip fire is really accurate in this game so you only use ads for great distances and enemies behind cover. 

In total i expected less from this port but more from the game itself to be honest. Don't understand why this is called one of the best if not THE best star wars game of the 2000s. Of course it is nice to have a game set in the clone wars but the story was almost non existend and boring for me. Characters felt replacable and lack charisma. Maybe i was expecting too much after really enjoying the clone wars series :D

• Like 1

• 11 months later...