Platinum Difficulty & Length

roosta_141

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if u have reverted back to version 1.00 of the game.

If someone can please tell me in brief what tools do I need to go back to v.1, I have read the thread long time ago but couldn't understand it.

Do I need some cables to connect my pc to ps4 ? I want this platinum so badly.

6 hours ago, AyeOfReach said:

I wonder if u have reverted back to version 1.00 of the game.

If someone can please tell me in brief what tools do I need to go back to v.1, I have read the thread long time ago but couldn't understand it.

Do I need some cables to connect my pc to ps4 ? I want this platinum so badly.

No, I played the whole thing on the latest patch.  It’s definitely doable. 

There’s a video on YT of a guy showing how to revert to old patches. You don’t need any cables. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

No, I played the whole thing on the latest patch.  It’s definitely doable. 

There’s a video on YT of a guy showing how to revert to old patches. You don’t need any cables. 

Thank you very much, guess I'll give it a try then.. hope it doesn't end in a rage quit.

Edited by AyeOfReach

• 2 weeks later...

I literally just started this yesterday, so it's hard for me to give accurate numbers this early on, but I'll try!

So far I would agree with your assessment on the difficulty of 8/10 trying to do this legit. But like I said, I've only just scratched the surface!! If I feel compelled to change that down the road, I will do so. Can't really comment on the time to complete, but 35 hours also sounds legit at face value.

Edited by Joe Dubz

54 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I literally just started this yesterday, so it's hard for me to give accurate numbers this early on, but I'll try!

So far I would agree with your assessment on the difficulty of 8/10 trying to do this legit. But like I said, I've only just scratched the surface!! If I feel compelled to change that down the road, I will do so. Can't really comment on the time to complete, but 35 hours also sounds legit at face value.

A friend of mine did it in 25 hours and gave it a 7/10, so it's definitely very subjective.

Enjoy it man! Remember to take a break if it gets too frustrating ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

A friend of mine did it in 25 hours and gave it a 7/10, so it's definitely very subjective.

Enjoy it man! Remember to take a break if it gets too frustrating 1f61b.png

I appreciate the info man, thanks!! I think between this, Wuppo, and a few other games I'm playing, I need to find a nice, easy relaxing game to keep my sanity in check ?

It really does remind me a lot of I am Bread... Not surprising as the devs are the same, but it definitely has that same feel, glitchiness and all ?

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

+ @Joe Dubz

I've finished both, surgeon simulator and i am bread. I would also rate i am bread higher and the 1.00 Version of surgeon simulator helps a lot. Worst Mission is the eye surgeries in the ambulante, but overall everything is doable if you are patient enough.

Also the guides from @Bushido_Cypherhelped me so much!

Best of Luck 1f64c-1f3fb.png

I appreciate the insight bud!

I was briefly reading through the threads and noticed that, about reverting back to the old version... Did you actually do that method yourself? I'm no computer whiz or anything, so just reading through it didn't make a lot of sense to me, at least at face value. I'm just wondering if it is pretty easy to do, or maybe I'm just better off going for this legit? Would be nice to be able to finish it without getting all those A++ again ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

I appreciate the insight bud!

I was briefly reading through the threads and noticed that, about reverting back to the old version... Did you actually do that method yourself? I'm no computer whiz or anything, so just reading through it didn't make a lot of sense to me, at least at face value. I'm just wondering if it is pretty easy to do, or maybe I'm just better off going for this legit? Would be nice to be able to finish it without getting all those A++ again 1f601.png

Yeah i did i myself, its an easy method, i just followed the thread and it works on the first attempt ???

Respect to everybody, who did A++ on all Missions!??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Yeah i did i myself, its an easy method, i just followed the thread and it works on the first attempt 1f605.png1f64c-1f3fb.png

Respect to everybody, who did A++ on all Missions!1f64f-1f3fb.png

Right on man, alright then! I will take another look and maybe if I have any questions, I'll pm you. After doing all those A++ on I am Bread, I would really rather not need to go through that headache again because this one seems similarly as glitchy!! Scalpels getting stuck floating in my hand remind me all too well of getting stuck in that stupid car or the garbage can on that damned Garden Level on IAB!!

• Like 1

9/10 imo. most the tools dont do what im trying to make them do. alot seems to be luck based. you get close to the end of a surgery after a million tries and one thing not working right ruins it all. or i might just be shit at the game lol. there is 12 trophies under 1%. those could fill a entire rarity cabinet lol

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

9/10 imo. most the tools dont do what im trying to make them do. alot seems to be luck based. you get close to the end of a surgery after a million tries and one thing not working right ruins it all. or i might just be shit at the game lol. there is 12 trophies under 1%. those could fill a entire rarity cabinet lol

Ugh you aren't kidding around here and I feel your pain! In a game where precision is key, having your game be a glitchy mess will certainly try one's patience. Just wait til you try to go for Nothing But Skull, if you haven't yet ? Full transparency, all those delicious UR trophies were part of what got me to try this to begin with!!

BTW love that old school Manson pic, I was absolutely obsessed with him as a teen back in those days!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Ugh you aren't kidding around here and I feel your pain! In a game where precision is key, having your game be a glitchy mess will certainly try one's patience. Just wait til you try to go for Nothing But Skull, if you haven't yet 1f605.png Full transparency, all those delicious UR trophies were part of what got me to try this to begin with!!

BTW love that old school Manson pic, I was absolutely obsessed with him as a teen back in those days!

the skull one drove me crazy. the controls just seem to do what they want. i remember having it almost perfect and then i think the brain didnt drop in correctly or something i cant remember.

i still listen to manson frequently, everything up until zim zum left. i talked to most of them dudes a few times. i actually got a original wolfenstein pc patch from gacy from his personal collection. i talked to daisy and did a short q&a interview with him before he passed away. i actually have some of gidgets personal things to. its really sad daisy and gidget passed away. manson is kind of a dickhead but god damn he had some killer vocals back in the day. i try to separate mansons arrogance from his music. zim zum is cool to ive talked to him a couple times he kinda stays under the radar. portrait and antichrist are still 2 of my top albums

• Like 1

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

the skull one drove me crazy. the controls just seem to do what they want. i remember having it almost perfect and then i think the brain didnt drop in correctly or something i cant remember.

i still listen to manson frequently, everything up until zim zum left. i talked to most of them dudes a few times. i actually got a original wolfenstein pc patch from gacy from his personal collection. i talked to daisy and did a short q&a interview with him before he passed away. i actually have some of gidgets personal things to. its really sad daisy and gidget passed away. manson is kind of a dickhead but god damn he had some killer vocals back in the day. i try to separate mansons arrogance from his music. zim zum is cool to ive talked to him a couple times he kinda stays under the radar. portrait and antichrist are still 2 of my top albums

Damn dude, you have quite the storied history with those guys... 13 year old me is definitely jealous!! Coincidentally enough, I just listened to AC Superstar for the first time in like 10 years the other day!

But yes, back on subject I can say with the utmost certainty that the game does not get any easier once you get into space. I am struggling with being able to grab anything without knocking it away into a freespin, then good luck picking it up at that point! I will stick firmly to my original choice of 8/10 difficulty, after spending some time with the game. I know it won't get any easier when it comes to these timed and min blood loss trophies!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

Damn dude, you have quite the storied history with those guys... 13 year old me is definitely jealous!! Coincidentally enough, I just listened to AC Superstar for the first time in like 10 years the other day!

But yes, back on subject I can say with the utmost certainty that the game does not get any easier once you get into space. I am struggling with being able to grab anything without knocking it away into a freespin, then good luck picking it up at that point! I will stick firmly to my original choice of 8/10 difficulty, after spending some time with the game. I know it won't get any easier when it comes to these timed and min blood loss trophies!

i'll dm you some cool info you might like about the band, i dont wanna stretch the convo out to far on a game forum.

but yah totally agree. sucks when things fall and you cant pick it up. this would be a great game if it wasnt so wonky in the controls. its very addicting and infuriating at the same time lmao

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've noticed a common theme for game ratings. People who have it finished look back in hindsight and also arrogance and give it the whole 'duh its ezz'. I'm glad I gave this gave a bit more time to get past the shaky controls, it's quite fun and a real challenge. Sometimes having to retry for an hour or two to beat the time trials, thus honing my skills and improving. This can be enjoyable, creating a sense of achievement and not just walking through the game. 

So far it's an 8/10 for me. It's not really a niche game and the amount of ultra rare's is insane. completely filled my case. When these rankings come into play. I think the 'average' gamer needs to come into consideration. I really can't see the ordinary players achieving some of these trophies. Also In comparison to say THPS1+2 which is a 9/10. Seems quite inconsistent. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did the platinum in 20 hours, but the experience is excruciating, the worst I've ever had on a game. I'd say it's an 8/10 in difficulty, but it highly depends on your skillset (btw, do manual saves, the game suddenly crashed and I lost 4 A++ of the ambulance operations, it was a pain in the ass)

3 minutes ago, B0nkeeerss said:

I did the platinum in 20 hours, but the experience is excruciating, the worst I've ever had on a game. I'd say it's an 8/10 in difficulty, but it highly depends on your skillset (btw, do manual saves, the game suddenly crashed and I lost 4 A++ of the ambulance operations, it was a pain in the ass)

oh and forgot to mention, the "Best surgeon in the Universe" trophy is almost impossible, the Robbarolaz and Birgispallex operations are inverted, but the damn Robbarolaz doesn't work anyway and it took me 1 hour of tries to convince the game to accept it

On 5/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, B0nkeeerss said:

How do you save manually in this game?

17 hours ago, BubbleJayGum said:

How do you save manually in this game?

If you have PS Plus you can upload the save to the Cloud servers, or just upload the files on a USB stick, but doing it multiple times wastes a lot of time