Lazy ass developers ?

Gloom12356776543

I'm sure you must know that since most multi-platform games have shared source code, and PC and XBox use the word "Achievements" and only Sony systems uses "Trophies".

There's a very high chance that under the bonnet of most of your games,they are just achievements anyway. Same goes for things like buttons

They will certainly be Button1-Button4, ButtonA-ButtonD etc and not Button_C/Button_O, Button_X, Button_T, Button_S

On 4/29/2021 at 11:54 PM, Shizo said:

Trophies is a cheap chinese knock off of the achievements anyway, 13 years in, they are still behind Xbox 360 in terms of features. I still remember, when trophies were called Accomplishments before Sony realized they were way too obvious with their desperate attempt at copy Achievements.

Anyway, who cares, it's an obscure game by some indie dev, probably with only 1 person working on it. I can understand how naming trophies/achievements wouldn't be their top priority, considering it's Achievements on Xbox, Steam and Stadia.

Trophies are actually based on Crash Bandicoot 3 I think. UC1 was also one of the very first games to get trophies. The entire concept goes way before MS had it too in other contexts. It's true achievements have some extra features.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

For the record, the actual reason they're called Achievements in-game is because they're an in-game feature. You get tangible in-game benefits for getting Achievements (which can be viewed on the bottom right part of the hub), not because the developers are lazy.

(Obviously aside from the fact that a bunch of others in this thread have raised about PS being the odd one out in calling their achievements "trophies.")