Biome 2 Cipher tips needed

jack_a_snacks

For the life of me I cant get this room to spawn over 150 runs and nothing. I'm going to lose my mind.

Skip to 2:50. I have never seen this room, I'm pretty sure its my missing one..... Come on RNG gods give me what I need.

Update: It was the the one I was missing, finally got it to show up.

So it would be a good bet a lot of people are missing this one, very rare room I gather

Edited by Reckless____1234

8 hours ago, Reckless____1234 said:

For the life of me I cant get this room to spawn over 150 runs and nothing. I'm going to lose my mind.

Skip to 2:50. I have never seen this room, I'm pretty sure its my missing one..... Come on RNG gods give me what I need.

I’m pretty sure it is the room I’m missing. I will give a try tonight.

EDIT: yeah, it was the room I was missing for the platinum. I made around 60 runs to make it pop.

Game completed in 62 hours (with 25 hours of collectibles farming)

Edited by Amalrik69

Hello there, at the moment im grinding for the last cipher in Biome 2 and hope to narrow it down to upper or lower tower with your help!

The ones I have i see people struggle with:

- rare grapple and orb one
- giant hand room
- the ones in desert behind lava
- the giant arena like area
- giant tower in desert side area
- on top of mountain just before boss area

- the one with 3 severed cutscene

Not sure which I am missing, are there any more super rare rooms I have yet to find anyone knows of?

I saw someone mention a giant astronaut head in the desert side area once, im pretty sure ive never seen that. Does anyone know if this exists?

Hope to get a bit more info of which one im missing!

On 5/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, resistance2X said:

Hi, my final glyph in biome 2 was in this area:

Bmnd6wf.jpg

8Gp77fV.jpg

A blue triangle door where it usually connects to the challenge room door. But this time the challenge room was somwhere else and the room with the glyph was here instead. I thought my game was bugged first since I got all the ones mentioned here after tons of runs but it thankfully wasnt. Hopefully this can help someone. This is right at the start when ascending the mountain after the open area. NOT on top of the mountain.

In that same room are two fabricators and a laser area with two heals at the end. In well over 60 runs Ive never seen this room before lol.

This is one hell of a photoshop because this room doesn't exist ?

Onto run 180 and (to my knowledge) this is the only one I need for Platinum. It's demoralising, running over and over and over again for the same damn areas. I keep getting the variation of this room with the teleporter that goes up to 2 fabricators behind a giant statue but not this layout. *Sigh*

On 17.5.2021 at 1:19 PM, ShotgunSquirrel said:

This is one hell of a photoshop because this room doesn't exist 1f62d.png

Onto run 180 and (to my knowledge) this is the only one I need for Platinum. It's demoralising, running over and over and over again for the same damn areas. I keep getting the variation of this room with the teleporter that goes up to 2 fabricators behind a giant statue but not this layout. *Sigh*

Well it appears you got it now, congrats! Yeah, that room is super rare for some reason.

• 1 year later...

I followed @Godan_8 video and got it on my 57th try, this one was really a pain in the a** to get and was my last to get.

If you have a PS+ subscription I'd recommend doing a back up in Overgrown Ruins just at the entrance of Crimson Wastes, so anytime you finish a run just restore the save and you won't have to re run overgrown ruins, this helped me shorten the time per run. 

Good Luck ?! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On 5/26/2021 at 7:34 AM, JCBartlett25 said:

I FINALLY got my plat today, this video was super helpful:

I don't see the 19th cipher in the guide on psnprofiles. Was it changed, it that room no longer available?
I'm missing 2 ciphers on CW, I confirmed I've got other 18 from the guide, and last two are on the video as well.

Edited by Erebus2509

1 hour ago, Erebus2509 said:

I don't see the 19th cipher in the guide on psprofiles. Was it changed, it that room no longer available?
I'm missing 2 ciphers on CW, I'm confirmed I've got other 18 from the guide, and last two are on the video as well.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they moved this cipher and removed the room from the game. They made some changes to make certain ciphers spawn more often and I'm sure this is one of them. I never saw that room once in any of my trips through biome 2.

2 hours ago, Erebus2509 said:

I don't see the 19th cipher in the guide on psprofiles. Was it changed, it that room no longer available?
I'm missing 2 ciphers on CW, I'm confirmed I've got other 18 from the guide, and last two are on the video as well.

If you are sure you are missing 19th from the guide, you can join my game and get it. I have the save. And the room is the second rarest in the game but it’s still there, you are just out of luck.

41 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

If you are sure you are missing 19th from the guide, you can join my game and get it. I have the save. And the room is the second rarest in the game but it’s still there, you are just out of luck.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have PS+.

I just got one of the two ciphers I was missing, the one requiring Delphic Visor, so all I need the one from the room with the fingers from the 1st floor of the mountain. (EDIT: 17th in the video)

Edited by Erebus2509

12 minutes ago, Erebus2509 said:

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have PS+.

I just got one of the two ciphers I was missing, the one requiring Delphic Visor, so all I need the one from the room with the fingers from the 1st floor of the mountain.

The 19th is in the same area (third area) with the one that needs Delphic visor. The cipher is on the side of a “stair.” If you are reaching that room from area 2, that stair and the cipher is always on your left hand side. Beyond the stair is a vast bottomless pit.

Edited by archangeltw_