Marooned Everyone question

Make a manual save before sinking the ship, finish the game but don't save (auto save keeps track of you making the sinking choice). Load that manual save, don't sink the ship but tell Toothrot to leave you alone, and then finish the game again to get the other ending :)

• Like 2

Make a manual save before sinking the ship, finish the game but don't save (auto save keeps track of you making the sinking choice). Load that manual save, don't sink the ship but tell Toothrot to leave you alone, and then finish the game again to get the other ending :)

Thanks for the quick response. Really appreciate the help!

• 2 months later...

Please help me with this.  I made a manual save right before I sank the ship, beat the game, and then went back to my save and beat the game without sinking the ship.  No trophy.  I tried again and again and still nothing.  I have seen each ending three times each now and I even played through the entire game twice more, just in case the internet was wrong.  I really want this 100 percent so any tips would be appreciated.  What am I doing wrong?

• 2 years later...

just got this this trophy .manual save before you make your choice . i then did not sink the ship and did another save when elaine asks if i want a root beer.

so the save shows 100% complete and load the save you did for the manual save then sink the ship and use the save that has 100% and save the game then  finish the game.

that worked for me

Edited by DeathofRats09

• 4 years later...

I had issues with this trophy but I found a solution. You MUST make a save before getting into the monkey head, if you do a save before the game might glitch like it did to me like 3 times. The glitch usually happen after feeding the monkey who follows you. Also, you just need to see two endings without closing the game.

• 5 months later...
On 10/07/2020 at 8:34 PM, AnGEIHisPANo said:

I had issues with this trophy but I found a solution. You MUST make a save before getting into the monkey head, if you do a save before the game might glitch like it did to me like 3 times. The glitch usually happen after feeding the monkey who follows you. Also, you just need to see two endings without closing the game.

You mean the black screen you get when after you feed the monkey, I got that as I saved in a separate slot before I shot the banana tree - how did you get over this glitch? Although I may have to play the game again as I haven't been able to do the speedrun trophy [ I really don't understand the love affair with speedruns, this kind of game is not designed to be done like that, even if you are familiar with the game, which I am its not possible to do this in 3 hrs ].  Since I played this game in the 1990's, I would like to get the 100%.  I so wish that they would remaster Curse of Monkey Island because that was my favourite and the best one.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, alexandra-jane09 said:

[ I really don't understand the love affair with speedruns, this kind of game is not designed to be done like that, even if you are familiar with the game, which I am its not possible to do this in 3 hrs ].  

Here ya go, buddy:

Just follow this, you'll get under 3 hours easily. If you find this one hard to follow, there are other speed run videos up. I believe the world record is around 36 minutes.

Edit: I take that back. Special Edition doesn't have any additions besides the upgraded graphics and orchestral OST, most of the tricks from the original releases still work (some are based on quarks of computer hardware of the time). The world record for the original is 17 minutes. You can find videos of it easily.

Edited by Jelly Soup

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 27/05/2021 at 9:44 PM, Leergutlehmann said:

Hey, does the timer keep running when you pause the game?

Anyone? I also interested to know this as well. EDIT: Got an answer below.

On 19/09/2011 at 5:10 PM, Linxzy said:

As far as i know (as im doing this now) Time pauses when you paused the game.

So just like in Monkey Island 2.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1