Great platform games?

tonkie18

A few that I’ve played that were pretty great. The first 2 are beautiful games that I can’t recommend enough. The others are pretty fun too:

- Trine Enchanted Edition

- Unravel

- Yooka Laylee

- Tearaway: Unfolded

- Typoman

- Spyro trilogy

These ones are amazing platformers/metroidvanias in my opinion that I absolutely loved hunting for all the trophies, but are a little more challenging than the previous games:

- Steamworld Dig 2

- Guacamelee 

- Salt & Sanctuary

- Blasphemous

I’ve also heard nothing but praise for both Hollow Knight & Shovel Knight. Hopefully you can find something you like from this list and will enjoy earning the trophies as much as I did!

• Like 1

I'd like to recommend The Adventure Pals.

I've not played much of it yet myself, but it's very vibrant, and the levels seem relatively short.  I know in another thread you mentioned having limited game time so the shorter levels might be perfect for a game you can pick up and put down as needed.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, tonkie18 said:

Guys these are all great, I’ve added them all to my wishlist or bought if they’re currently on offer. It’s like I’m stocking up for the apocalypse. 

Saw someone mention the series and not sure if you're aware of the sequels, Jak II and Jak 3. Don't forgot those fantastic games. They're some of the PS2's best. Two things to know, though. Firstly, JII's difficulty was ramped up (because the common feedback the developers kept getting from the first game was that it's too easy, which is true). Secondly, don't get any of the games on Vita and you're good.

Looking at what's been suggested to you and what you've added, I can recommend a couple more. INSIDE, which is a masterpiece. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, which is so great that it's up there somewhere with the likes of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.