Update 1.02

DarkHpokinsn

35 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Well, just noticed that Stubbs the Zombie got a 1.02 patch, not sure what it’s for but they finally updated it. Maybe we can finally earn that speedrun trophy.

Thank God. It's about time they updated the game. Time to get the platinum me and many others should've got 2 months ago.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

Thank God. It's about time they updated the game. Time to get the platinum me and many others should've got 2 months ago.

When you attempt to get the last few trophies, let me know how it goes. Wanna know if they actually fixed the crashing issue.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

When you attempt to get the last few trophies, let me know how it goes. Wanna know if they actually fixed the crashing issue.

Got the speedrun trophy first attempt with the new patch. You should be good to go ?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, turniplord said:

They've fixed the memory leaks, update other bugs, and added an option to disable or enable the green filter - so you can now play it in a more colourful mode :)

That's reassuring, i was so hyped to play this finally, i brought it after a couple of minutes it was released ( i literally kept refreshing the store ?) but then i got so much crashing when i was playing ? it gave me flashbacks of a game i was playing just a couple weeks before this...

• Like 1

I started the game shortly after this patch went live. Game crashed on me 5-6 times, but it thankfully didn’t crash on me during the speedrun. Game only seemed to crash for whenever I had the game running for a long time in the one session, and when things were chaotic on-screen. Crashed on me the most during local co-op while playing on the hardest difficulty. Played on PS5. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Game also frequently crashed for me on the latest update half a dozen times, but only during my insane difficulty playthrough. I didn't experience any crashing during my speedrun playthrough or the next two playthroughs afterward when I was farming brains. I think the crashing is related to dying and checkpoint reloading more than anything else. Reloading the game from a checkpoint due to dying a lot seems to inevitably cause a crash the longer you play. Maybe this explains why this issue slipped past development. Developers and game testers probably didn't try brute forcing their way through insane difficulty and thoroughly tested the game on normal difficulty instead, so the issue never came up for them.