Road Of Devastation

ZombieClutz

okay so maybe i just suck or something

BUT .....trying to get the trophy for surviving 10 rounds in the dead nation add on is a bitch!

i get to round 6 (IF IM LUCKY!) and i always die

maybe on co-op it would be easier but my online sessions always cut out

even when my internet connection is wired it acts dumb and cuts off and lags so bad

am i the only one with this problem

any tips on getting through the 10 rounds alone because i really wanna do this by myself ^_^

HELP ME!!!!!! :shakefist:

• 3 years later...

Playing solo is waaaaay much easier. I know this because I've tried both ways.

In co-op, I couldn't barely reach Round 5. Another downsize is that the money is not shared. Whoever came to the loot first would get it.

While I played solo, I've always reached Round 8 easily. The problem was with my strategy, not the gameplay.

So I suggest you these steps:

Round 1: Money

Round 2: Supplies (Turrets)

Round 3: Money

Round 4: Weapons (Shocker)

Round 5: Money

Round 6: Supplies (Mines)

Round 7: Medkits

Round 8: Supplies (Granades)

Round 9: Medkits

Once you complete Round 9 and begin Round 10, you'll get the trophy.

Make sure you upgrade all the stats for Rifle, SMG and Flare first. You gotta need the heck of them after Round 5.

For the first rounds, if there's any medkit in the ground and if you're in full health, press R2, so you'll get 3.000 credits, which might be a helpful resource.

• 6 months later...
On 02/04/2017 at 11:49 AM, LordRandom85 said:

Playing solo is waaaaay much easier. I know this because I've tried both ways.

In co-op, I couldn't barely reach Round 5. Another downsize is that the money is not shared. Whoever came to the loot first would get it.

While I played solo, I've always reached Round 8 easily. The problem was with my strategy, not the gameplay.

So I suggest you these steps:

Round 2: Supplies (Turrets)

Round 4: Weapons (Shocker)

Round 5: Money

Round 6: Supplies (Mines)

Round 7: Medkits

Round 8: Supplies (Granades)

Round 9: Medkits

Once you complete Round 9 and begin Round 10, you'll get the trophy.

Make sure you upgrade all the stats for Rifle, SMG and Flare first. You gotta need the heck of them after Round 5.

For the first rounds, if there's any medkit in the ground and if you're in full health, press R2, so you'll get 3.000 credits, which might be a helpful resource.

Thanks for The tips

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This was my path:

Upgrade rifle (2 in each subcategory) and flare duration.

Upgrade rifle and flares to max

Round 2: Weapons: Shocker (upgrade when getting it)

Upgrade Shocker to max

Round 4: Supplies: Turrets (Upgrade when getting it)

Round 5: Medkit

Round 6: Armor

Round 7: Medkit

Round 8: Armor

Round 9: Medkit

After round 4 make sure Rifle, flares, shocker or turrets are fully upgraded. Make sure to fill up on ammo, flares and turrets after each round. The rest of the money can be used to upgrade the SMG though I always saved 20k just to make sure I could get four turrets each round.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/19/2020 at 3:16 AM, TomVrazo said:

Still as much fun as on release. :D

You are an animal! One week to complete 100%?! It took me ten years! Dead Nation is not my idea of fun, although it is one of my proudest PS3 100%s.

Thank God for YouTube and that multiplayer is still active in 2022 for Dynamic Duo. However, soloing everything else is definitely easier than co-op. 

The difficulty of Endless mode was not enjoyable. Not only do enemies gain health, strength and speed each round, but their numbers double and triple. Due to the ever increasing size of hordes, even a fully upgraded SMG is like spitting in the wind by round 9. You have to rely on flares and crowd control weapons like the Blade Cannon, Shocker, and Rocket Launcher for “normal” areas, yet most enemies drop no money and the ammo/supply restock is only available at the end of the round. If you’re too broke to buy flares or ammo before a round starts because you focused on armor, supplies, or weapons, it can ruin your entire run. Why not have all enemies drop money like the base game? Why not have weapon vans halfway through every level? That would have been more fun.

The money route is annoying and unnecessarily time-consuming because of the hundreds of bushes, hidden mobs in the bushes, mobs that have nonsense spawn triggers, and Jumpers. Why would Housemarque design a level that is so tedious? They knew the money route would be the most played level in the DLC, and yet it is the most annoying path of all six options.

Dead Nation has made me avoid Housemarque titles: Resogun, Nex Machina, even Returnal. Perhaps Housemarque was trying to be the From Software of top-down twin-stick shooters, but their disorganized approach falls short. I felt the level 1 demo was deceptive, as the demo really should have been level 7, Graveyard. Level 1 had no special enemies (except Thin Man) and was basically linear. Graveyard was an arena with special enemies, particularly Screamers, and numerous hidden spawn triggers. Graveyard IS Dead Nation. If you like Graveyard and Highway to Hell, Dead Nation is the game for you. I felt the demo was misleading, showcasing the game as a title for casual gamers. Dead Nation is not for casual gamers!

The RNG of enemy spawns in Road of Desolation made it impossible to follow older YouTube guides as shown. When players figured out ways to rush through tough areas or cheese certain trophies, Housemarque patched them. When I tried rushing to avoid firefights, a Cutter or two would invariably drop in front of me, forcing me to fight in circles around cars, allowing the enemies I left behind to catch up and flank me from the rear. Groups of Thin Men spawned in the armor or medikit routes, yet there were no Thin Men in the videos or they spawned later in the route.

If I had known the time commitment and frustration completing this game 100% requires, I would not have committed to Dead Nation ten years ago. Unstackable solo difficulties, crappy trophies, the half-baked level design, and the constant “Gotcha!” mechanics of having enemies spawn behind players in areas already cleared soured the Dead Nation experience. Those creative decisions are not user friendly or good game design. 

• 1 year later...

Ohhh damn, I loved it so much to get back on this game to try and get the plat and the 100%, such a classic!

For the 10 waves, took me quite some time to figure it out. At first was losing always on the 4th round, mostly by the dropping cages ? smh...then looked it up here and was almost constantly around level 7/8 but then was getting rekt by small spaces or too many zombies at the same time not giving me the necessary space along with jumpers around - for some reason Supplies route after level 4/5 didn't suit me.

Finally, found a better way by introducing the Score route, more open space to be on the safe side while trying to reach the arena and not a bad area with the two machines there to help you - got it at the first attempt (did get super duper lucky on the 9th round where got jumped on and must have had just 1 point of life or sth as I believed I was dead):

Round 1: Money (upgrade smg and flares to max - do try to leave some money for next round, but not necessary)

Round 2: Supplies - Turrets (upgrade when getting it)

Round 3: Money (upgrade smg and turrets)

Round 4: Armor (pick what suits you best but I'd recommend endurance and agility)

Round 5: Health (get Medkit)

Round 6: Score (just rush it till the arena)

Round 7: Health (get Medkit if already used)

Round 8: Score (just rush it till the arena)

Round 9: Health (get Medkit if already used)