Muted dialog audio through TV, but not on headphones - PS5

So the audio was working fine all the way through ME1 and for most of ME2. Then near the end of 2, the audio on the dialog was suddenly very muted and almost inaudible. Some of it works, for example, EDI talking was the correct volume but Jokers responses were not.

This continued into ME3 now as well.

The weird part is if I switch the audio over the headphones, everything is perfect.

Has anyone else experienced this?

NOTE: I have tried several other games and there are no audio issues so this is definitely the game causing the problem and not the console / TV from what I can tell

• Like 1

The sound has been really uneven for me too so far. I'm still in ME 1, but it's like the game is struggling to consistently balance music, sound effects and voice. Whenever I went to talk to Kaidan or Tali on the Normandy, their voices are insanely quiet, and the ship ambience is incredibly loud. I have tried messing around with sound settings in the game, using my TV, using my speakers etc, but it never fixes it.

A more recent example has been when I had conversations with Sovereign and Vigil, their robotic voices are almost deafeningly loud, but when Shepard speaks he is very quiet and the music drowns him out. The base in general is all over the place too.

It's really weird because it doesn't happen all the time, it just crops up. I'm at the point where I've just put subtitles on, just in case my next dialogue scene is impossible to hear. I think it's a really decent remaster, but it's a shame the sound is just gnarly at points.

4 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The sound has been really uneven for me too so far. I'm still in ME 1, but it's like the game is struggling to consistently balance music, sound effects and voice. Whenever I went to talk to Kaidan or Tali on the Normandy, their voices are insanely quiet, and the ship ambience is incredibly loud. I have tried messing around with sound settings in the game, using my TV, using my speakers etc, but it never fixes it.

A more recent example has been when I had conversations with Sovereign and Vigil, their robotic voices are almost deafeningly loud, but when Shepard speaks he is very quiet and the music drowns him out. The base in general is all over the place too.

It's really weird because it doesn't happen all the time, it just crops up. I'm at the point where I've just put subtitles on, just in case my next dialogue scene is impossible to hear. I think it's a really decent remaster, but it's a shame the sound is just gnarly at points.

The sound mixing in the Legendary Edition of ME1 is an absolute disaster, there's a lot of complaints about it on the official EA forums. Basically, the surround sound is completely busted, with gunfire and dialogue coming out of the rear speakers at full volume (instead of the center speaker). I have a 5.1 setup and it became so annoying that I switched to a stereo downmix using headphones halfway through the game.

Apart from that, the audio levels are all over the place. Gunfire in general is deafeningly loud, as is the mass relay transition screen or even the end credits song. I basically had to mute my AV receiver whenever I wanted to go to another cluster. I really hope they can fix all this, because so far they have been ignoring it in classic EA fashion.

10 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm playing on PS4, sorry I should have mentioned that!

No worries man, just curious was it an issue with the BC on PS5 but the fact it's happening on PS4 for many seems telling its an issue with the game itself sadly.