Difficulty trophies not scaling down?

GRDavies

I see that some players have finnished the game on captain difficulty, I believe that's the 3rd tier difficulty without losing stuff when you die. But i see no users have ship boy difficulty (the easiest of the 5 tiers).

Does that mean you have to finnish it for every difficulty, so 5 playthroughs? And not the regular, finnish on higher difficulty and get the easier difficulty trophies for free.

Allthough i find it fun enough and i must admit some possibilities just open up if you progress farther in the story, which makes it a little diverse then the things you can do only in the beginning. But 5 playthroughs would make it a grind and should be a warning for some trophyhunters.

Can anybody confirm? Thanks in advance.

yeah i think its a playthrough for each difficulty. in the time of writing this it has:

Complete the game in Captain difficulty has 3,41%
Complete the game in Gunner difficulty has 2,27%
Complete the game in Ship's boy difficulty has 0%
Complete the game once has 5,68%

3,41 + 2,27 = 5,68. Meaning the completed games only counted for the respective difficulties.
And as you can see like you said, Ship's boy has 0% which is the easiest so it does not scale down.

I dont know how long the story is, but for now you need to grind somewhat to be powerfull enough for some ships in the story. doing that 5 times might put people off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can also confirm that all difficulties stack. Finishing on King of Seas difficulty will unlock every other difficulty trophy.

I also recommend just starting on King of Seas mode. Even if you die, you can quit and restart the app before the Game Over menu shows up. The game is not that much more difficult compared to the lower difficulties.