Grinding for Intermission?

Chapter 2 on Hard in the combat simulator. Use the first battle and just Windstorm(AOE) the groups. The yield per round is 30AP, 16AP and 36AP. My fastest time is like 21 seconds and if you have AP up(materia) and that Volant armlet(3x AP) it helps a lot. After a solid hour of just mess around I managed to max out most of my materia except for revive and elemental

Edited by undefinedmike
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, undefinedmike said:

Chapter 2 on Hard in the combat simulator

Can play on easy by the way, hard mode does not yield more AP. Add a first strike materia to Yuffie and you can just run forward and spam windstorm. My fastest was 0:09 this way. Still took quite a while to make all the materia I felt I would need on hard mode.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AerisFlowerGirl said:

Can play on easy by the way, hard mode does not yield more AP. Add a first strike materia to Yuffie and you can just run forward and spam windstorm. My fastest was 0:09 this way. Still took quite a while to make all the materia I felt I would need on hard mode.

Not that it matters, but if you throw your star then windstorm hits wherever your star is. So just press triangle and then windstorm to end the battles instantly. I got 0:05 this way :)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Not that it matters, but if you throw your star then windstorm hits wherever your star is. So just press triangle and then windstorm to end the battles instantly. I got 0:05 this way :)

Great advice! I actually didn't know this until my hard playthrough when the box minigame was kicking my ass.

50 minutes ago, thickish_post5 said:

so do I give up after this first battle, or follow through all three battles when leveling up my materia?

Just follow through all 3 battles so that you don’t have to spend 300 Gil each time. The loading screen between battles is shorter too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, undefinedmike said:

Chapter 2 on Hard in the combat simulator. Use the first battle and just Windstorm(AOE) the groups. The yield per round is 30AP, 16AP and 36AP. My fastest time is like 21 seconds and if you have AP up(materia) and that Volant armlet(3x AP) it helps a lot. After a solid hour of just mess around I managed to max out most of my materia except for revive and elemental

Thank you! That’s really helpful