RETURNAL PATCH 1.4.0

AlphaExGAT

Here’s my two cents after getting the platinum. 

I started playing after patch 1.40 came out so I had a completely fresh save that was never used on prior versions of the game. 

According to my PS profile, I spent 57 hours playing the game. According to in-game stats, that time is 38 hours. During my time with the game I experienced zero bugs related to scout logs, ciphers and other collectibles related to trophies. In-game collectible tracker was very accurate, so were the activity cards. All trophies unlocked as they should without any issues. Also had zero crashes even during long 6-7 hour runs and after putting the console to Rest Mode. 

Gotta admit, at times towards the end when I was doing speedruns to find Ciphers in B2, B3 and B6 it felt like I’m doing runs with no results and I thought I may have encountered a bug of some sorts cause I was seeing mostly the same rooms every single time. Especially in B6 where I probably did 20-30 runs to find the last cipher. As a result, I got pretty good in B6 and each runs was only taking me 10-15 mins, but still it started to feel like it’s all for nothing until I finally found it. 

Overall, the game is excellent and I enjoyed every single minute of it. I just wish the trophy-related collectible weren’t so RNG. I’m going to attach a screenshot with my stats taken right after getting the platinum, if anyone’s interested.

4MVMlKj.jpg 

Edited by alexwise
  • Like 1

So apparently this patch did not fix the bug where one cipher is not counted correctly in Biome 2. I just picked up one cipher and it did not show the updated count (for example 9/20) but it did for the next one I picked up.

Does anyone know if this bug will prevent me from acquiring the survey trophy for Biome 2 or should I get it at 19/20 ciphers ?

During my run just now, I only had 1 cipher and one scout log left in area 4. I found the cipher during the run, then went to complete a challenge room. Upon completion, the trophy for that areas survey popped. Has anyone encountered this before? Can confirm i am running on the newest version. I checked my database and it showed i had an updated entry but for an enemy.

On 30/06/2021 at 4:55 PM, Tauphraim said:

So Today, after 20 runs I find the last cypher on biome 6 but the gold trophy (and the platinum) didn't pop... Until then, after this patch, I complete scout log 9 and biome 2,3. So maybe I have to wait another patch to fix this glitch ?

Did you do the challenge room?

On 30/06/2021 at 5:37 PM, PMDStrandbeest said:

During my run just now, I only had 1 cipher and one scout log left in area 4. I found the cipher during the run, then went to complete a challenge room. Upon completion, the trophy for that areas survey popped. Has anyone encountered this before? Can confirm i am running on the newest version. I checked my database and it showed i had an updated entry but for an enemy.

The challenge room is required to be completed for the trophy to unlock.

Edited by alexwise

1 hour ago, alexwise said:

Did you do the challenge room?

The challenge room is required to be completed for the trophy to unlock.

Yes ? and I do it again after the last cypher to be sure + finish the game one more time. I also try to put the game offline and relaunch it... Still no trophy...

2 hours ago, Tauphraim said:

Yes 1f62d.png and I do it again after the last cypher to be sure + finish the game one more time. I also try to put the game offline and relaunch it... Still no trophy...

How does the activity card look? What’s the percentage?

21 hours ago, alexwise said:

How does the activity card look? What’s the percentage?

Percentage 83% and under there is only "Scan every Xeno-Archive 0%". Thank you very much I am sure i have done the xeno archive before but no... So it's OK, gold trophy had pop and the platinum ! Thank you again ?

Edited by Tauphraim
  • Like 1