Extinction Event Missable?

I think it is missable. However the first Grunthor respawned for me if I died after killing it... or quit to the title screen after killing it. I farmed a couple kills here and then unlocked the trophy after killing the Grunthor before the boss fight. If you're past this not sure. Hope this helps.

Edited by Adema_CDS

I've defeated more than five, hasn't popped. I've collected all of the Zurpstones so defeated all of them there, purse the required fights. Even not one of them to respawn and still no.

And now after killing the same one 4 times it popped. It was respawning every time I died.

Edited by communistwookiee

I had the same issue and after I killed the first one on NG+ it popped instantly so I’m sure that progress for this one carries over. I’d killed way more than 5 but 2 glitched out on me.

So we have 2 methods - farm the first one by killing it and then you dying, or a second method of killing them in NG+ 

Hope that can put folks minds at ease at bit - enjoy the game everyone ☺️

On 6/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, rospondek said:

They are respawning with every visit on Sargasso for me. Already after three planets and space station (so early in the game) I've killed over 10 of them. So even the NG+ is not needed. Just couple of visits on the planet itself.

Not possible. 

They don't respawn each time you visit. Nobody else's game works like that, so I am calling your bluff. 

It's buggy as hell. I killed I guess four Grunthors in the first playthrough. And then in NG+ I killed, like, ten-twelve more, mostly that respawning one. I reset it by log out, and by travel to other planet, by dying, by closing the game, restart ps5 - nothing helps.

It turned out, that I needed different trophy LOL. I don't know why I thought that this was the one I needed.=)

Edited by Alatielko