Same game but shows as two

amie_alif

In my profile overview on my ps4, it shows two GTA V in the games section. It is noted that I never played on any other PlayStation platform with my this account. However, both of the games have miraculously same trophy level but only added once in my psn trophy level. Can anyone explain this glitch?

On 12.6.2021 at 11:15 PM, amie_alif said:

In my profile overview on my ps4, it shows two GTA V in the games section. It is noted that I never played on any other PlayStation platform with my this account. However, both of the games have miraculously same trophy level but only added once in my psn trophy level. Can anyone explain this glitch?

It can appear twice if you played 2 different versions of the game like digital and physical, it could also be a beta version, a different region etc. or simply just a visual glitch.

On my profile Resident Evil Code Veronica appears twice because I played the EU version first and switched to the US version shortly after, because it runs better.

It's not a glitch. As explained above, this happens if you play different versions of the game that share the same trophy list. I played physical and digital version (both EU) of Uncharted 4 and it now appears twice in my profile in the "Games" section.

20 hours ago, Pieroluc said:

Could you potentially send an image so we can see exactly what happened? Regardless, sounds strange.

how can I possibly share a photo without web-link in this forum?

18 hours ago, HusKy said:

It's not a glitch. As explained above, this happens if you play different versions of the game that share the same trophy list. I played physical and digital version (both EU) of Uncharted 4 and it now appears twice in my profile in the "Games" section.

Surely I didn't play any other versions except my CUSA 00419S

3 minutes ago, amie_alif said:

how can I possibly share a photo without web-link in this forum?

Surely I didn't play any other versions except my CUSA 00419S

Are you 100% positive that you may not accidentally have played a different version of the game and had the glitch happen? (maybe Digital + Physical)? If not, I guess that is strange, not sure what would cause it but the explanation given by others above sounds reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Pieroluc said:

Are you 100% positive that you may not accidentally have played a different version of the game and had the glitch happen? (maybe Digital + Physical)? If not, I guess that is strange, not sure what would cause it but the explanation given by others above sounds reasonable.

I am sure but it doesn't matter. I was just curious why could it be! Now i know the possible answers

2 minutes ago, amie_alif said:

I am sure but it doesn't matter. I was just curious why could it be! Now i know the possible answers

fair enough, I guess the glitch happened by chance to you maybe, hopefully it should not affect anything within the actual game, that would suck.

i have the same issue due to playing the 2 different regions of the game. My issue it that I cannot transfer my save from the original copy (my story progress) so currently have 2 versions installed on my ps5 which takes up so much space. I will eventually be done with the game apart from 1 trophy which is the criminal mastermind trophy.