Resident Evil Village DLC - Shadow of Rose (October 28, 2022)

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

They're making you play it well. It's not just play any level and get any score to unlock Lady D, it's get an S rank on at least one level if I remember correctly. 

I didn't buy it because I wanted something new to challenge me, I bought it to have Lady D unlocked from the start, to fuck around with, not to have to be good with Ethan or Chris to wait 30 minutes as I learn the stages and 'git gud' , there will be people who bought it to play the highly anticipated and heavily marketed Lady D character and then find out that they can't unless they get good enough to unlock her. It's fucking stupid. 

Your opinion is D rank if you think that was a good execution.

I reckon if games were required to only use things that were unlocked right from the start in their marketing and advertising, all games advertising would pretty much cease to be ?

"Completing things to unlock other things" is pretty much the raison d'être of the medium - and the Resident Evil franchise has always been littered with textbook examples of that very thing :dunno:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

Nothing you earned in the main campaign carries over. You're fucked on Hardcore unless you can get Rose to awkwardly shamble out of danger of being caught by enemies, the base pistol takes about 7 shots to down an enemy on Hardcore and I doubt there's enough ammo to down all the enemies. 

Her powers are underwhelming as well to say the least, I was half expecting her to be a badass, but that is certainly not the case here. When you couple that with what seems to be a pellet gun, very limited shotgun ammo and running at a snail's pace you wonder what the hell went wrong with the development. It just feels like another rushed dlc tbh. Oh yeah and I'm gonna say it again waaay overpriced dlc.

• Like 1

For those wondering, I ported my whole PS4 game save (with Winter's DLC completed on PS4) to PS5 via the Options [PS4]Upload/[PS5]Download.

Like the base game port trophies, they don't autopop but you just need to trigger them again. So on PS5, hopefully you have a "before the final boss fight" save on Hardcore. Load that one up, and:

- Just craft one item (for Craftmaster trophy)

- Use Rose's powers once (for It's Starting to Grow on Me trophy). If you don't have an early game save, you need to replay the story from the beginning until Rose picks up the flask and can use her powers.

- Kill the boss on Hardcore again (for all the difficulty trophies)

- Then replay the 2 remaining Mercenaries new normal maps again (which is easy/fun on Normal)

FY: I bought the Gold Edition over last weekend finally and after platinum'ing the base game on PS4, proceeded to complete the DLC before doing the upload/download port. If you've ported over to PS5 long ago and made a lot of other progress on PS5, you might not want to re-port from PS4 just for the Winter's DLC. So you might need to complete the story DLC twice, which is not too bad since it's quite short.

22 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

They're making you play it well. It's not just play any level and get any score to unlock Lady D, it's get an S rank on at least one level if I remember correctly. 

I didn't buy it because I wanted something new to challenge me, I bought it to have Lady D unlocked from the start, to fuck around with, not to have to be good with Ethan or Chris to wait 30 minutes as I learn the stages and 'git gud' , there will be people who bought it to play the highly anticipated and heavily marketed Lady D character and then find out that they can't unless they get good enough to unlock her. It's fucking stupid. 

Your opinion is D rank if you think that was a good execution.

@DoctorDrPepper   Nothing you earned in the main campaign carries over. You're fucked on Hardcore unless you can get Rose to awkwardly shamble out of danger of being caught by enemies, the base pistol takes about 7 shots to down an enemy on Hardcore and I doubt there's enough ammo to down all the enemies. 

Did you actually try out the new Mercenaries? The new stages with Chris are pretty easy. You don't need to take as much time learning the two new stages with him considering how strong he is. 

Also on Hardcore you don't have to kill every enemy (I certainly didn't, and most RE games encourage you to not kill everything). While isn't Rose isn't that fast, it's just enough for her to stay out of their reach (although you will have some close calls). Sometimes you will have to lure the enemies away and then run around them though.

On 01/11/2022 at 5:56 AM, ZZ383 said:

Exactly this! I don't want to try for any new S-Rank, I just wanted to have some fun with Lady Dimitrescu and enjoy the DLC the way I want to enjoy it.

But whatever, we can't change it now and if we want her, we have to push through. I think she'll be worth it ?

• Like 2