Loot-Box/Micro-Transactions Survey for Master's F.P.

BlackTorito

Hey all, first of all, I quickly checked the rules again and I sure hope i'm not breaking any, mods can reach me in case i'm missing something.

So I just wanted to share with you a quick survey related to loot-boxes and micro-transactions in general, as i'm finishing my master's final project and I need to gather data for research. I would be thankfully if you spared a few minutes to fill it in, no matter if you expend a lot on them or not, your data is valuable to me. Here's the survey: https://forms.gle/Ub2NKN9JkZMVXDzWA

Also, as a bonus, if you are a parent that has children that play, here's another one that is much, much shorter: https://forms.gle/Nc2dxDm84xV829MR9

The surveys are completely anonymous, so please, be honest, nobody is going to judge you. You are very welcome to spread the surveys to any acquaintances/groups that may fit in as well.

I'll probably leave the survey opened for about a week, and if the sample is large enough by that time.

If you might be interested, I'll spare time to try to bring the results here after it's done ?.

Thank you all in advance!

So,I would mention that there are a few typos in your questions (I assume that English is not your first language). The meaning is usually clear, but there was one question I didn’t understand. It said something like, “Have you ever hold the urge to purchase..?”

Do you mean have I ever had the urge? Do you mean have I ever fought the urge?

Other than that, though, it was clear. Good luck!

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So,I would mention that there are a few typos in your questions (I assume that English is not your first language). The meaning is usually clear, but there was one question I didn’t understand. It said something like, “Have you ever hold the urge to purchase..?”

Do you mean have I ever had the urge? Do you mean have I ever fought the urge?

Other than that, though, it was clear. Good luck!

Interesting, yes, I meant the latter. 

Didn’t know it was said “fought” in this case, will change it. Thank you!

I never waste money on microtransactions and loot boxes, although I have bought DLC outfits and battle enhancements like DLC weapons, does that count? I didn't count them when doing your survey, as I assumed loot boxes are those things in free smartphone games that make you spend thousands before you know it

4 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I never waste money on microtransactions and loot boxes, although I have bought DLC outfits and battle enhancements like DLC weapons, does that count? I didn't count them when doing your survey, as I assumed loot boxes are those things in free smartphone games that make you spend thousands before you know it

Yes, they could count, but I don’t expect you to have bought much of them anyway. So you would have answered “rarely” to most, it’s also a valid answer.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...