Deterrence trophy

Hi. You don't have to play FOB missions (multiplayer) against other players, although they say that this is the fastest way to gather materials. I did not use this method. The materials can be found on the game map, mainly in large containers, at bases and outposts. I collected materials from the beginning of the game and containers from whenever I could use fulton on them. I had no problems with that, but you actually have to collect them in large amounts and not only for this trophy. The production of the bomb can be done  after the first game ending. Remember to dispose of it as soon as possible after completing the production, so that another player does not steal it via FOB. Because it is in the FOB base (multiplayer) that your bomb will be stored.

PS: The Abbys Walker lv 61 from Lineage II? :)

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Hi. You don't have to play FOB missions (multiplayer) against other players, although they say that this is the fastest way to gather materials. I did not use this method. The materials can be found on the game map, mainly in large containers, at bases and outposts. I collected materials from the beginning of the game and containers from whenever I could use fulton on them. I had no problems with that, but you actually have to collect them in large amounts and not only for this trophy. The production of the bomb can be done  after the first game ending. Remember to dispose of it as soon as possible after completing the production, so that another player does not steal it via FOB. Because it is in the FOB base (multiplayer) that your bomb will be stored.

PS: The Abbys Walker lv 61 from Lineage II? :)

Oh ok SO in the future if Konami decides to shutdown Metal gear Solid V servers the platinum Will still be possible? I know it may take years before shutdown but i don't trust Konami so i Will like to start now and My problem was this trophy "deterrence" but the other it's easy just start a Fob mission and the trophy it's mine but so you Say that materials from deterrence can be done offline that's it? In all the map 

PS: no, jajaja i have never played lineage 2 but looks great, honestly i just played the first one

My game was always online, but I didn't take any resources from enemy FOBs, nor did I try to steal nuke from other players, which is also possible. I don't want to mislead you. In short, deterrence requires you to construct (acquire) nuke. You can obtain materials in two ways. FOB missions in other players' bases or (my way and most popular) collect them during regular gameplay or... (PVP) try to steal nuke from enemy FOB base (if someone has it and keeps it in FOB base). Of course, all actions in FOB require an online mode. I've never played an FOB mission beyond that required for another trophy.

PS: You get additional materials during the game, without your participation.  You get them from time to time during the game when you check your iDroid.  Bottom right corner of the screen as I remember correctly.

I think Konami will not close servers soon. I was playing at the beginning of the year, many years after the game came out and there were still new FOB events.

But in fact online trophies require a different commitment, I don't like them (I don't like the mix of multiplayer modes in typically single player game trophies) and unfortunately they appear in games more and more often.

In MGSV TPP you don't need other players, so you can treat everything as a single player. Unlike MGS Peace Walker.

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

@TheAbyssWalker61 So here's the deal. RESOURCES and MATERIAL are not interchangeable terms. RESOURCES are the "RAW" item and MATERIALS are the "REFINED" ones. When you pick it up, it automatically goes into an "ONLINE" database. You should see 2 numbers in the Resources and Material box. Depending on your Research and Development level, that will dictate how fast you convert those RESOURCES into usable MATERIALS. Not sure why Konami did it this way. Online should have been just to infiltrate others FOBs but whatever. If they were to shutdown servers, they could patch it and make everything offline but platinum could still be unattainable because you wouldn't be able to get the trophy of infiltrating another FOB. 

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Oh ok SO in the future if Konami decides to shutdown Metal gear Solid V servers the platinum Will still be possible? I know it may take years before shutdown but i don't trust Konami so i Will like to start now and My problem was this trophy "deterrence" but the other it's easy just start a Fob mission and the trophy it's mine but so you Say that materials from deterrence can be done offline that's it?

You don't have to do a PvP infiltration because there are PvE infiltration missions available. Or at least there was one when I did mine.

However, those still require you to be connected. Constructing and disarming a nuke also requires you to be connected, even though you can gather all the materials offline first. So all related trophies can potentially become unobtainable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Hey everyone i dont understand so much this trophy im always connected to internet so i can do this offline? why it needs multiplayer? the resources are around the map or something? because in other guides everyone says that the only online trophy it's the pov mission , so this can be done offline?

You better stay online when playing the game. I believe materials are processed online. Materials are available in containers.

Once you obtain the wormhole fulton, more containers will be available for you to get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

You better stay online when playing the game. I believe materials are processed online. Materials are available in containers.

Once you obtain the wormhole fulton, more containers will be available for you to get.

Yeah i'm always online but it's difficult? Or it's very fast and easy because many Friends told me that hardest trophy it's getting S in all missions

2 hours ago, NamoPh said:

You don't have to do a PvP infiltration because there are PvE infiltration missions available. Or at least there was one when I did mine.

However, those still require you to be connected. Constructing and disarming a nuke also requires you to be connected, even though you can gather all the materials offline first. So all related trophies can potentially become unobtainable.

Oh ok perfect so yeah it Will be better to get the game soon and get those online trophies, i hate online trophies OMG in a metal gear Game, i hope this trophy can be archive faster 

2 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

@TheAbyssWalker61 So here's the deal. RESOURCES and MATERIAL are not interchangeable terms. RESOURCES are the "RAW" item and MATERIALS are the "REFINED" ones. When you pick it up, it automatically goes into an "ONLINE" database. You should see 2 numbers in the Resources and Material box. Depending on your Research and Development level, that will dictate how fast you convert those RESOURCES into usable MATERIALS. Not sure why Konami did it this way. Online should have been just to infiltrate others FOBs but whatever. If they were to shutdown servers, they could patch it and make everything offline but platinum could still be unattainable because you wouldn't be able to get the trophy of infiltrating another FOB. 

Well the FOB trophy mission looks very easy i saw a Youtube Video yesterday i don't Even have to finish the mission and in a future i don't trust that pachinko company are going to patch trophies lol, they are a greedy sloth company so it Will be better to start this year, the games it's 5 years old it's better to approach but thanks it's not so hard then

3 hours ago, Kessarath said:

My game was always online, but I didn't take any resources from enemy FOBs, nor did I try to steal nuke from other players, which is also possible. I don't want to mislead you. In short, deterrence requires you to construct (acquire) nuke. You can obtain materials in two ways. FOB missions in other players' bases or (my way and most popular) collect them during regular gameplay or... (PVP) try to steal nuke from enemy FOB base (if someone has it and keeps it in FOB base). Of course, all actions in FOB require an online mode. I've never played an FOB mission beyond that required for another trophy.

PS: You get additional materials during the game, without your participation.  You get them from time to time during the game when you check your iDroid.  Bottom right corner of the screen as I remember correctly.

I think Konami will not close servers soon. I was playing at the beginning of the year, many years after the game came out and there were still new FOB events.

But in fact online trophies require a different commitment, I don't like them (I don't like the mix of multiplayer modes in typically single player game trophies) and unfortunately they appear in games more and more often.

In MGSV TPP you don't need other players, so you can treat everything as a single player. Unlike MGS Peace Walker.

Ok perfect how long it takes You that trophy? 

2 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Yeah i'm always online but it's difficult? Or it's very fast and easy because many Friends told me that hardest trophy it's getting S in all missions

Yes, S-ranking missions is more difficult. If my memory serves me right, Mission 42 and 45 gave me the most trouble.

The key to S-ranking missions is strategy, weapons and armor. You better use video guides and craft higher grade weapons.

21 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

... how long it takes You that trophy? 

Platinum took me one month and two weeks, but I took my time. I really like the fifth Metal Gear Solid and I have enjoyed it. It can certainly be faster.

You can check my profile on Metal Gear Solid and specific trophy dates. But everyone has their own tempo, so don't be influenced by that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kessarath said:

Platinum took me one month and two weeks, but I took my time. I really like the fifth Metal Gear Solid and I have enjoyed it. It can certainly be faster.

You can check my profile on Metal Gear Solid and specific trophy dates. But everyone has their own tempo, so don't be influenced by that.

Oh ok and this deterrence trophy how much it takes?

1 hour ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Oh ok and this deterrence trophy how much it takes?

It's dependent on how low it takes you to gather the needed resources, reach the point in the game you can actually make one, and then there is the actual time needed to build it. When I did it, it took 24 hours in real life to build the bomb then I immediately disarmed it for the sister trophy.

A note on S Ranks, time is a huge factor for most of the missions. You do it fast enough and it won't matter who you killed or were seen by the time bonus will catapult you to S for most of them. Find a good video guide and you will be golden.