PSN account was HACKED

marcelotell

Hello,

I don't know if you guys are aware of the PSN hacking on the last months to buy FIFA credits/points/coins. My girlfriend account: mctavares was hacked, below is a reply for the PSN support from Portugal. They haven't respond her as they supoussed to. See the original message and the translation.
What should I do to help her? 

Hello, I just got my PSN account hacked in the beging of last month. The hacker spent 39.99 Euros in FIFA COINS on my account. I already sent an email to the PSN Portugal support, however I just received an automatic answer, that states that I cannot regret my shops and the Sony PSN Servers are 100% secure. I requested an investigation, but it was in vain. I would like to remind that this is not the first hack case involving the FIFA 2014 game, also the PSN US are refunding their hampered customers: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687831&page=5

The PSN Portugal support is denying me a refund. I want to know why my case is different, even though I have been hampered the same way. Thank you.

Original message:

Olá, tive minha conta PSN hackeada no início do mês passado. Gastaram 39,99 euros em fifa coins na minha conta. Já mandei um e-mail ao suporte, mas só recebo resposta automática, dizendo que não posso arrepender de minhas compras e que os servidores da[/size] sony são 100% seguros. Solicitei uma investigação, mas foi em vão. Gostaria de lembrar que este não é o único caso de hack envolvendo o jogo FIFA 2014 e que a PSN norte-americana está reembolsando os usuários que foram lesados: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687831&page=5
O suporte da PSN de Portugal está me negando um reembolso. Quero saber por que no meu caso é diferente, se fui igualmente lesada. Obrigada.[/size]

Edited by marcelotell

Was the money sitting on your account already? If so, they have no way to tell whether you are lying or not.

Was the money added through your credit card? Impossible.

Was the money added through someone else's credit card? If so, why complain?

They can tell which console/location stuff was purchased from.

Credit cards/banks have fraud insurance as standard, just tell them a payment wasn't authorized by you.

OP: phone Sony, it's like trying to email your emergency services to tell them of a fire.

• Like 3

Yeah, but they removed the ability to have credit card info saved on an account if it is logged into another PS3. They did that because so many people were having people sign in and take advantage of it. But I agree with Sly, perhaps they can tell if your wallet money was spent from another location.

She and I only use pre-paid cards on our accounts. What upsets me is that they even bothered to track the transaction or check if she has the game in her PS3. 

Also, I almost laughed when they told that Sony servers are 100% secure, they don't remember the past?? 

So was the PSN money in prepaid cards? no ones CC info was stolen then

Nothing is impossible. If someone's info is on the account hackers can get that information if they try hard enough. So no not impossible. 

Yes, what you have described is impossible. when the hacker signs in it asks them to verify information. If they can not provide the information themselves, the saved information gets removed.

Yes, what you have described is impossible. when the hacker signs in it asks them to verify information. If they can not provide the information themselves, the saved information gets removed.

I had my card information hacked a couple a months ago hench why i am on a new account. My info got stolen from someone. They spent all my money i had in my bank account and lost access to my account. So while it may be extremely hard it is definitely not impossible. 

Hello,

I don't know if you guys are aware of the PSN hacking on the last months to buy FIFA credits/points/coins. My girlfriend account: mctavares was hacked, below is a reply for the PSN support from Portugal. They haven't respond her as they supoussed to. See the original message and the translation.

What should I do to help her? 

No offense but look also the possibility of your girlfriend's ex-bf. She might be sharing the same account with her ex-bf before, and might have forgotten it.

It's quite discouraging really, that's why I only load my account using psn cards whenever I'm decided to buy that game. Only got less than $2 and I'm planning to spend it on some cool avatars available :lol:  Psn servers 100% secure? Sony that's BS!

• Like 3

She and I only use pre-paid cards on our accounts. What upsets me is that they even bothered to track the transaction or check if she has the game in her PS3. 

Also, I almost laughed when they told that Sony servers are 100% secure, they don't remember the past?? 

Unfortunately, since it was prepaid, there's no way for them to tell if you're lying. Had it been charged on a credit card, and then you were complaining, then they'd have better reason to believe you. It's just suspicious that you had 40 in your wallet just sitting there. Usually when people add money to their account, they spend it right away, especially an amount like that.

I absolutely believe you though. I was hacked a couple weeks ago, and they bought Fifa and then $100 in coins. It took Sony a week to get me my money back, and they only did so once I called them. So, if you haven't actually called and talked to someone, do that. They'll deny you the majority of the time through email, since it's a lot easier to reject someone when you don't have to deal with them directly. 

• Like 1