How do i summon a sunbro?

Radford999

I'm kind of a noob to the Souls games. I read you can summon allies to help you and if you use them to kill a boss you get sunlight medals. I’ve read there are yellow signs on the floor and you use these to summon the sunbro. I can’t find any of these yellow signs though? I have the Sunlight covenant which apparently i need. Can anyone just shed some light on this, thanks. 

Edited by Radford999

Level is also a factor to consider, unless you’re using the password system.

Usually,  they’ll have a sign close to the boss gate in order to farm Sunlight Medals, the most common bosses being Sullyvahn and Abyss Watchers, if you need to get sunlight  medals for the trophies, you can farm them late game against the Lothric  knights in red.

14 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Level is also a factor to consider, unless you’re using the password system.

Usually,  they’ll have a sign close to the boss gate in order to farm Sunlight Medals, the most common bosses being Sullyvahn and Abyss Watchers, if you need to get sunlight  medals for the trophies, you can farm them late game against the Lothric  knights in red.

Ok thanks. Is it worth just forgetting about summoning sunbros then to get the sunlight medals and just farming them against the lothric knights later on in the game?

1 minute ago, Radford999 said:

Ok thanks. Is it worth just forgetting about summoning sunbros then to get the sunlight medals and just farming them against the lothric knights later on in the game?

Up to you, if you’re going for the spells/platinum, you need 30 sunlight medals, which is a lot, I’d say, start farming via knights, then if you see some signs in NG+ or NG++ go for them, but don’t rely on it too much, the game is a bit old.

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Up to you, if you’re going for the spells/platinum, you need 30 sunlight medals, which is a lot, I’d say, start farming via knights, then if you see some signs in NG+ or NG++ go for them, but don’t rely on it too much, the game is a bit old.

Ah ok. I just managed to summon a Sunbro. We defeated a boss and we both survived and i didn’t receive a Sunlight Medal. Any idea why? Do i have to do anything regarding the story to be able to get Sunlight Medals?

1 hour ago, Radford999 said:

Ah ok. I just managed to summon a Sunbro. We defeated a boss and we both survived and i didn’t receive a Sunlight Medal. Any idea why? Do i have to do anything regarding the story to be able to get Sunlight Medals?

IIRC, you gotta be a sunbro too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMDE said:

IIRC, you gotta be a sunbro too.

Ah right thanks. How do i become a Sunbro then? I’m kind of clueless ? There is so much to take in lol. I just want to fight a boss in my own game with a Sunbro and get a Sunlight Medal after defeating it. 

I wish I'd seen this thread before, I could've made such a good joke about appearing as a sunbro ?
To answer the new question, how to become a sunbro youself?

Just Praise The Sun. ?

Jokes aside, where are you in the game? You can find the covenant in a little 'secret area' in the Undead settlement. There's a video how to get it:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

I wish I'd seen this thread before, I could've made such a good joke about appearing as a sunbro 1f601.png
To answer the new question, how to become a sunbro youself?

Just Praise The Sun. 1f31e.png

Jokes aside, where are you in the game? You can find the covenant in a little 'secret area' in the Undead settlement. There's a video how to get it:

Reveal hidden contents

Haha. I’m on about the 3rd boss. I’ve got the Sunlight Covenant already. I just don’t know how to summon a Sunbro and fight a boss in my game to get a Sunlight Medal. 

I saw one of those yellow signs on the floor before a boss and i did in fact summon a Sunbro. We did defeat the boss but i didn’t get a Sunlight Medal. My plan was to summon a Sunbro before every boss and defeat the boss with the Sunbro so i could get a lot of Sunlight medals to save me from farming them later on. 

31 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Just to be clear, you equipped the covenant, right?
iirc you have to equip it, then summon a sunbro and kill a boss, nothing else. After the boss is dead you automatically get a medal 1f914.png

I did that and didn’t get a medal. I had it equipped. I was just outside the Curse-rotted Greatwood and i interacted with a yellow sign on the floor and it summoned an ally. We defeated the boss together, both didn’t die and i didn’t receive a sunlight medal. I received the ‘Soul of the Rotted Greatwood’ and ‘Transposing Kiln’. No medal. Unless i did it wrong?

Edited by Radford999

If that didn't work then you either didn't have the covenant equipped or you didn't summon a sunbro.
To clarify that as well, you know there are two different colored summon signs, white ones and actual yellow/orange ones?
Even the wiki states the following:

' - Obtained by successfully assisting someone as a gold phantom or by receiving help by a gold phantom.
  - Can be gained by killing a host as a red phantom while having the Warrior of Sunlight pledge equipped.
  - Will be granted if you invade as any Covenant and another red phantom is present with Warrior of Sunlight pledge equipped and the host is defeated. '

Have you tried getting summoned yourself by another player? To be honest, for farming the medals this is the better option anyways.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi

36 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

If that didn't work than you either didn't have the covenant equipped or you didn't summon a sunbro.
To clarify that as well, you know there are two different colored summon signs, white ones and actual yellow/orange ones?
Even the wiki states the following:

' - Obtained by successfully assisting someone as a gold phantom or by receiving help by a gold phantom.
  - Can be gained by killing a host as a red phantom while having the Warrior of Sunlight pledge equipped.
  - Will be granted if you invade as any Covenant and another red phantom is present with Warrior of Sunlight pledge equipped and the host is defeated. '

Have you tried getting summoned yourself by another player? To be honest, for farming the medals this is the better option anyways.

Ok thanks. So would you suggest just forgetting this method and just farm them later on against the Lothric Knight? How long does that take?

Well, if you really want to farm them from enemies rather than solving your problem with the summoning - I'm not stopping you. Just know that it'll take a looong time. The droprate for sunlight medals is at around 1%, and the spot where people usually farm (myself included) has two lothric knights and a bonfire. Maybe there's another spot that you could use, but I don't know any other.
Like I said, I'd recommend getting summoned yourself by another player while having the sunlight covenant equipped. It's the best option out of the four:

- farming them while you summon a sunbro into your world is limited to the bosses in your playthrough
- getting them from invasions is doable, but tricky; while you invade, there has to be another player (with the sunlight covenant equipped) invading the same person, and then the host needs to be killed. It's skill and luck based. (if you like pvp on the other hand, go ahead :D)
- getting summoned as a sunbro is unlimited as long as there are other players in the game; you can do the same boss over and over again and get medals, you and the host only need to survive
- farming them from enemies is luck based; with that meager droprate you'll need a few hours of solid grinding until you have all 30?  you need

I can't really write anything else. Summoning sunbros and getting a medal is not complicated, no offense. ✌️

- get the covenant item from the location in the video I posted
- equip it
- got to a boss fog wall and summon a yellow/orange phantom (not white!)
- kill the boss without you or the summoned phantom dying
- you get a medal

On 05/07/2021 at 0:31 PM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Well, if you really want to farm them from enemies rather than solving your problem with the summoning - I'm not stopping you. Just know that it'll take a looong time. The droprate for sunlight medals is at around 1%, and the spot where people usually farm (myself included) has two lothric knights and a bonfire. Maybe there's another spot that you could use, but I don't know any other.
Like I said, I'd recommend getting summoned yourself by another player while having the sunlight covenant equipped. It's the best option out of the four:

- farming them while you summon a sunbro into your world is limited to the bosses in your playthrough
- getting them from invasions is doable, but tricky; while you invade, there has to be another player (with the sunlight covenant equipped) invading the same person, and then the host needs to be killed. It's skill and luck based. (if you like pvp on the other hand, go ahead :D)
- getting summoned as a sunbro is unlimited as long as there are other players in the game; you can do the same boss over and over again and get medals, you and the host only need to survive
- farming them from enemies is luck based; with that meager droprate you'll need a few hours of solid grinding until you have all 30?  you need

I can't really write anything else. Summoning sunbros and getting a medal is not complicated, no offense. 270c.png

- equip it
- you get a medal

Thanks for the info buddy. Appreciate it. Yeah i know it’s not difficult but the Souls games don’t give you any guidance on anything. And a noob like me is clueless on how to do stuff like summoning :) 

I can't really write anything else. Summoning sunbros and getting a medal is not complicated, no offense. 270c.png

- equip it
- you get a medal

The thing is there are never any summon signs on the floor next to the bosses. Think i’m on the 7th boss and i’ve only ever seen one and i did summon them and defeat the boss but i never got a medal lol. 

To each their own but in all souls I got platinum I did everything offline meaning I farmed all the covenant items, in DS3 only Proof of Concord Kept and Vertebra Shackle gave trouble but the rest were very simple and fast.

Burritoprime.png

- equip it
- you get a medal

Right i seem to be getting somewhere now haha. I’ve been equipping the sunlight covenant and placing white soapstone down outside the High Lord of Wolnir boss door. I’ve been summoned about 6 times in the space of 20 minutes :) currently got 14 medals. Going to just grind this to 30. Shouldn't take long. 

Edited by Radford999

My experience is somehow the exact opposite. Been trying to get summomned for every single boss so far to get Sunlight medals. Each boss I've waited anywhere between 20-45 minutes to be summoned. No summons. Internet connection is fine, NAT 2, high up/down speeds, etc. Been invaded several times, but haven't seen hide nor hair of a co-op person anywhere. No summon signs and not being summoned. It sucks.

Edit: I guess the classic, tried-and-true method of "complain about x thing online not happening/working, then it immediately happens/works" still applies. Just got summoned finally for Abyss Watchers.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

12 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

My experience is somehow the exact opposite. Been trying to get summomned for every single boss so far to get Sunlight medals. Each boss I've waited anywhere between 20-45 minutes to be summoned. No summons. Internet connection is fine, NAT 2, high up/down speeds, etc. Been invaded several times, but haven't seen hide nor hair of a co-op person anywhere. No summon signs and not being summoned. It sucks.

Edit: I guess the classic, tried-and-true method of "complain about x thing online not happening/working, then it immediately happens/works" still applies. Just got summoned finally for Abyss Watchers.

I farmed about 20 outside the High Lord Wolnir fog gate. To be honest i seemed to get summoned very often. I was never waiting more than 5 minutes. And the boss is quite easy.