10 Top Tips for Pro/Master You NEED!

TheQuisling

2 hours ago, TheQuisling said:

After finally earning the 100% completion for Pure Pool in just over a month, i can officially confirm this was/is nothing short of a living nightmare!

From time to time I am tempted to try some more to get the remaining 9-ball and 8-ball trophies (in both modes I am one final match away from the trophies) but then I remember how infuriating this game gets :D Also, the temptation is weaker because 100%-ing this game seems impossible to me - I don't think I can ever make a 147. I am truly impressed by anyone who's got it. But from the tips you're offering I also noticed that snookering the AI can be exploited to an extent - even if it means making a deliberate foul after the break to tie up some balls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I am tempted to try some more to get the remaining 9-ball and 8-ball trophies (in both modes I am one final match away from the trophies) but then I remember how infuriating this game gets

?️ There is no 'definitive' barometer for a players POTENTIAL level of skill on a video game (particularly for an ultra rare and world class completion.) Yet you have the 100% completion for Trials Fusion. Apologies for those of you in the virtual 'back' @det_gittes has finished TRIALS FUSION. This all but confirms (by default) that you are more than capable of achieving the :silver: for BOTH 'Master 8-Ball' & 'Master 9-Ball' which would then only leave the laborious grind to lvl. 126 for your :platinum:?

the temptation is weaker because 100%-ing this game seems impossible to me - I don't think I can ever make a 147. I am truly impressed by anyone who's got it

?️ As i mentioned on another thread, it is no surprise the total completion for Pure Pool is 0.03% after over 7 YEARS. The :platinum: for 'Crypt of the NecroDancer' is 0.04% for crying out loud! 'Maximum break' is the single most difficult trophy i have ever achieved in 30 years of playing video games (starting on Atari through to PlayStation 5.) It is a little sad that because the same requirement was/is on other EASIER snooker related games over the years, it continues to fly a little 'under the radar' on Pure Pool. Yet the level of sustained perfection (even using the free ball +8 points method) is almost painful! Yet once again, you have achieved something like the :silver: for 'Speedcuber' which also demands a similar level of prolonged perfection. If you have the time and motivation? You could do it....

I also noticed that snookering the AI can be exploited to an extent - even if it means making a deliberate foul after the break to tie up some balls.

?️ I deliberately omitted even attempting to foul/snooker the opponent on most occasions (particularly in 8-ball') because by the time you reach the latter stages of Pro and the dreaded Master careers you need to be of a more 'prevention rather than repair' mentality. I snookered the AI numerous times whilst celebrating and planning my next shot only for it to simply turn, aim and pot a ball (IT COULDN'T SEE) coming off 3-4 cushions. The more common occurrence is the aforementioned 'ball over the pocket' situations and it doesn't matter if it is theirs or yours. If you can get 2-3 of the AI balls over in that direction it could potentially take them 2-3 shots to clear that proverbial 'bottleneck'....

? All the trophies ARE possible with the necessary perspective. Whatever the method(s) @det_gittes and others may utilize i am sending positive vibes and the best of luck. You got this. ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this. I have also been told that the 1.0 disc version of Pure Pool is a little more forgiving. so I bought a copy some time ago. Saves are incompatible though, so I would need to restart the 8-ball career completely while I am only a couple of games away from the final there on the digital version. Maybe having that disc version as a backup gives me the motivation that I need to finally get that finished. I also have the DLC but will probably not even attempt the 147 to save me what little sanity I have left.

Edit: after a several month break to regain my composure, I finally got lucky enough to beat Madison in the final game. I even beat her 4 - 1 because she started missing a couple of times and made some very odd shot decisions.

When the trophy did not pop I was pretty disappointed to find out I had skipped this same opponent in the final of part 3. So I need to keep going. No luck so far,  but at least I know I can do it now.

My personal tip to add to the ones posted in the original topic: feel free to be a potting hero in the first 1 or 2 frames and only really focus once you put a couple of frames on the board.

Also. there is no shot timer, so take as long as you need to line up the shot. It becomes tempting to hit and hope but once you get a feeling for the angles it becomes easier to predict where the ball will end up.

When you are put in an awkward position with no chance of keeping your opponent from a potting position, hit and hope can save the day. Only use it as a last resort though, if you're certain that the opponent will clean up the table if you give them the chance.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 1 year later...

hello all ?

i still have the 8 & 9 ball careers to do but other than that im just missing The Ultimate Accolade and Pure Pool Grand Master fot the 100% but i think my accolade list is bugged, for exemple i unlocked the one for winning 30 stars in snooker career but the one for 15 stars is not unlocked, anyone knows if its bugged or will it unlock if i continue playing the snooker career mode?

because if i unlocked 30 stars i had to unlock 15 stars before that no? im a bit confused lol ?

7 hours ago, DarthRyuu said:

hello all 1f600.png

i still have the 8 & 9 ball careers to do but other than that im just missing The Ultimate Accolade and Pure Pool Grand Master fot the 100% but i think my accolade list is bugged, for exemple i unlocked the one for winning 30 stars in snooker career but the one for 15 stars is not unlocked, anyone knows if its bugged or will it unlock if i continue playing the snooker career mode?

because if i unlocked 30 stars i had to unlock 15 stars before that no? im a bit confused lol 1f615.png

I am pretty sure that you don't need the snooker akkolades for The Ultimate Accolade - so if your pool accolades are fine, nothing to worry.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DarthRyuu said:

ok thank you both! that will give me a bit more motivation to at least try and finish the pool careers on master but that grand master grind... fak me!! 1f631.png

I see you got the Maximum Break which imo is much, much harder than the Master Pool careers so you will be fine.

As for the grind. Yeah, it’s insane. I didn’t keep time but it was at least 100 hours of self boosting.

Good luck.

On 06/12/2022 at 0:17 PM, Baker said:

I see you got the Maximum Break which imo is much, much harder than the Master Pool careers so you will be fine.

As for the grind. Yeah, it’s insane. I didn’t keep time but it was at least 100 hours of self boosting.

Good luck.

thanks! yeah i got it recently playing online with a friend wich is all i did for the past year on pure pool  ?