TheQuisling

10 Top Tips for Pro/Master You NEED!

4 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TheQuisling said:

After finally earning the 100% completion for Pure Pool in just over a month, i can officially confirm this was/is nothing short of a living nightmare!

From time to time I am tempted to try some more to get the remaining 9-ball and 8-ball trophies (in both modes I am one final match away from the trophies) but then I remember how infuriating this game gets :D Also, the temptation is weaker because 100%-ing this game seems impossible to me - I don't think I can ever make a 147. I am truly impressed by anyone who's got it. But from the tips you're offering I also noticed that snookering the AI can be exploited to an extent - even if it means making a deliberate foul after the break to tie up some balls.

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I am tempted to try some more to get the remaining 9-ball and 8-ball trophies (in both modes I am one final match away from the trophies) but then I remember how infuriating this game gets

🗣️ There is no 'definitive' barometer for a players POTENTIAL level of skill on a video game (particularly for an ultra rare and world class completion.) Yet you have the 100% completion for Trials Fusion. Apologies for those of you in the virtual 'back' @det_gittes has finished TRIALS FUSION. This all but confirms (by default) that you are more than capable of achieving the :silver: for BOTH 'Master 8-Ball' & 'Master 9-Ball' which would then only leave the laborious grind to lvl. 126 for your :platinum:?

the temptation is weaker because 100%-ing this game seems impossible to me - I don't think I can ever make a 147. I am truly impressed by anyone who's got it

🗣️ As i mentioned on another thread, it is no surprise the total completion for Pure Pool is 0.03% after over 7 YEARS. The :platinum: for 'Crypt of the NecroDancer' is 0.04% for crying out loud! 'Maximum break' is the single most difficult trophy i have ever achieved in 30 years of playing video games (starting on Atari through to PlayStation 5.) It is a little sad that because the same requirement was/is on other EASIER snooker related games over the years, it continues to fly a little 'under the radar' on Pure Pool. Yet the level of sustained perfection (even using the free ball +8 points method) is almost painful! Yet once again, you have achieved something like the :silver: for 'Speedcuber' which also demands a similar level of prolonged perfection. If you have the time and motivation? You could do it....

I also noticed that snookering the AI can be exploited to an extent - even if it means making a deliberate foul after the break to tie up some balls.

🗣️ I deliberately omitted even attempting to foul/snooker the opponent on most occasions (particularly in 8-ball') because by the time you reach the latter stages of Pro and the dreaded Master careers you need to be of a more 'prevention rather than repair' mentality. I snookered the AI numerous times whilst celebrating and planning my next shot only for it to simply turn, aim and pot a ball (IT COULDN'T SEE) coming off 3-4 cushions. The more common occurrence is the aforementioned 'ball over the pocket' situations and it doesn't matter if it is theirs or yours. If you can get 2-3 of the AI balls over in that direction it could potentially take them 2-3 shots to clear that proverbial 'bottleneck'....

💪 All the trophies ARE possible with the necessary perspective. Whatever the method(s) @det_gittes and others may utilize i am sending positive vibes and the best of luck. You got this. 👊