Question about Score Attack leveling up method

mecanicwars_

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

@Vergil: You'll get the same XP for completing the 4.1 score attack level with soft lock and a platinum medal, but at the same time you're learning a few bad habits if you ever want to go for NYMHC ;) 

Of course i will go for it , not letting by pass me :)

Yeah i read before i started it. Haven't even beat Hard yet lol

54 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Of course i will go for it , not letting by pass me :)

Yeah i read before i started it. Haven't even beat Hard yet lol

That's the spirit! ?

I did my first run on hard with free aim so I could get all collectables and misc trophies (that often require free aim) in one run. It probably saved my 1 playthrough but I'm not sure if it was actually quicker then doing some stuff in another playthrough or with chapter select. But I had a lot of trophies by the time I saw the credits for the first time ?

But first another 140 times chapter 4.1 for the final online trophy ?

Chapter 4 score Attack has been good enough for me and that's without blowing up the cars. Just kill multiple enemies in shoot dodge and try to keep a decent hit streak which should be more than enough to get you platinum medal, there's times where I'd finish with over 20k points. If you're missing the single player grinds for explosion kills and blowing up cars then this is a good spot to farm it though. 

On 2021-07-19 at 7:20 AM, HondaHoe said:

I don't know if something changed between when I played it in 2020 and when u did, but I played score attack completely offline. my level 40 trophy popped (offline) when it was supposed to, but when I got to level 50 I had to join an online match to get that to pop

I haven’t tested it myself personally so I cant be 100% sure that information is correct, but I’ve seen many people report that their XP gains didn’t register when they played offline (as you can see several people in this thread reported this as well), so to be safe I always logged into PSN during my sessions. I would recommend people do this as well just to be on the safe side.

And yes, the trophy for all guns should pop without issue when you reach level 40. The level 50 trophy will not pop until you enter a public game in any mode, after which it should pop instantly. 

On 2021-07-19 at 8:38 AM, HondaHoe said:

if u (or anyone else) is going for the platinum, I'd strongly advise against ever using soft lock

u can't use it on nymhc, and literally everything u do in this game should be practice for that mode

This is super important advice and I would HIGHLY advise everybody to do this as well.

I got really lazy and ended up switching to soft lock very early on in my lvl 50 grind and it completely destroyed my aim. While soft lock will make the lvl 50 grind incredibly easy and relaxing, in the long run it will make the platinum and your NYMHC runs so much harder.

I’m no dummy and I knew how stupid it was to do this when I turned it on, but at the time I really didn’t give a shit. I was finding the tedium to be unbearable and just wanted to do anything to make it go by smoother, and being able to just instantly snap to headshots on my targets while I watched podcasts and stuff made the experience much more comfortable. My tendency to trade short term relief for long term pain is one of my greatest character flaws and yet I never seem to learn from this lol.

Between using soft lock & taking a long break from the game, I’ve put myself in a difficult position. Now I will be obligated to play through the main story once or twice just to practice and regain my aim & reflexes before I can even think about seriously starting the NYM modes. This of course leads me to feel rather unmotivated to get started again, and means I am continuously pushing this game back and neglecting finishing it.

In retrospect, I should have just gone for NYMHC immediately after finishing all the base game trophies. At the time I had already played through the game like 4-5 times in a row and spent a dozen hours boosting online, my aim was fantastic, and my knowledge of the levels and enemy patterns was very good. But I was getting seriously burned out at the time and opted to take a “short” break instead, which turned into months of course, and then led to me returning only to spend 30+ hours grinding XP with soft lock.

At this point I’m basically considering myself to be starting from square one. Don’t be like Diesel people! Learn from my folly! ☹️

On 7/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, SH06UN5126 said:

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, you can disable the notifications for those. That's what I did ages ago, a while after I joined some PSN messages groups for a couple games.

@jvlourenco2004 There you go. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd heard a few different things and wasn't sure what to believe myself.

ye i tested myself and without being logged you don't get any

On 7/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, Sergen said:

You must be online on PSN to get any multiplayer XP... If you're not online then the game doesn't recognize that or give you XP, you then have to play an online match after you hit level 50 with the arcade method to get the trophy to unlock.

This is an obscure thread, but I recommend people to use NEW YORK MINUTE to grind to level 50, it's so much easier to get a platinum score there compared to Score Attack. The trophy guide on this website stupidly recommends against it because you have to unlock Chapter 4 in New York Minute to get the opportunity to grind there, but you also have to complete the game on New York Minute for a separate trophy so it's stupid not to make that progress and grind your level 50 trophy there. Explosion bonuses against all the vehicles in 4-1 on New York Minute make it hard not to get a platinum time when you grind it.

I personally won't use NYM method because i don't want to finish the game rn, i want to enjoy it. I'm just clearing those online trophies to god knows when I'll finish the game, but thanks for the tip.

Also another question: do i really need to enter an online match to get my lvl50 trophy? I got all outfits trophy from lvl7 without playing any matches.

Edited by jvlourenco2004

Just now, jvlourenco2004 said:

Also another question: do i really need to enter an online match to get my lvl50 trophy? I got all outfits from lvl7 without playing any matches.

Yeah your trophy for rank 50 only unlocks when you have joined an online match, but it literally does unlock after joining the match rather than having to complete it.

7 hours ago, jvlourenco2004 said:

K, thanks for the information :)

Another thing to add if you care to do the "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC is that you must complete the story of the game to unlock the ability to play the "Challenge Mode" and that the mode requires an online connection to the servers in order to complete it, so if you care to 100% the game then you will have to complete the story to do an online trophy. If you don't care about that and just want the platinum then you can play the game up to chapter 4 and use score attack in the arcade mode to grind rank 50 before you complete the story.

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

Another thing to add if you care to do the "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC is that you must complete the story of the game to unlock the ability to play the "Challenge Mode" and that the mode requires an online connection to the servers in order to complete it, so if you care to 100% the game then you will have to complete the story to do an online trophy. If you don't care about that and just want the platinum then you can play the game up to chapter 4 and use score attack in the arcade mode to grind rank 50 before you complete the story.

Unfortunately i won't be doing the DLCs because i don't care much about the "100%" thing, still thanks for the info