"Platting" this right now

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.  I knocked out the online trophies in this game way back before the servers went down but got frustrated pretty quick with the difficulty of the Kombo Challenges and it's been sitting in my profile unfinished for years.  After watching some of these videos (mostly the second link you posted, those are awesome and super helpful!!!) I've been able to knock out a bunch of them and will hopefully have the game done within the week :)

• Like 3

I had so much fun playing this back in the day and seeing this brought me back. Btw Raiden has a certain special move that has a few iterations and every move can be done in practice mode. It’s be cool to get a sequel that played more like mk and not injustice 

21 minutes ago, Misbik said:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this.  I knocked out the online trophies in this game way back before the servers went down but got frustrated pretty quick with the difficulty of the Kombo Challenges and it's been sitting in my profile unfinished for years.  After watching some of these videos (mostly the second link you posted, those are awesome and super helpful!!!) I've been able to knock out a bunch of them and will hopefully have the game done within the week :)

Good luck man I definitely lost a few years off my trying to do the Shang tsung combo #10 lol

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, ArabianSwordsman said:

Good luck man I definitely lost a few years off my trying to do the Shang tsung combo #10 lol

That one was definitely tricky!  I did manage to get it done yesterday though!  Down to Sonya #9,10, Kano #10, and Raiden #10 remaining.

EDIT: Got the plat!  Raiden #10 was definitely the most difficult for for me.  I had to use the wall trick for the double teleport.

Edited by Misbik
  • Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 9:11 AM, Misbik said:

EDIT: Got the plat!  Raiden #10 was definitely the most difficult for for me.  I had to use the wall trick for the double teleport.

Nice job! The combo challenges in this game were... strange... to say the least. I don't like how you need to input them all one after the other in rapid succession at the beginning of the combo. I'm a lot more used to having to time each move individually (as most others are too). I used to play a lot fighters from ArcSys and Atlus and I actually found most of the combos easier in those games than the ones in MKvsDCU. It took me a while to get adjusted to this strange input system. That's one of the reasons why I put this game off for so long hehe.

Edited by z99f
  • Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 8:40 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

Great videos, I would have loved to plat this game... sadly never got the online trophies... Hope something like Gonespy can be done someday...

If you ever find something like that, please let us know! I'm also only missing the online trophies :(

Oh memories! It s been 10 years since i played this and platinumed it. Wish they make some new MK with these challenges. And damn kombo challenges were hard, but still easier than SF IV trials. To this date, doing that trials with a DS3 and without exploits is the hardest thing i ve done on playstation and i played a lot of very hard stuff.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...