Top 3 horrible moments in your trophy hunting

IvoryRose88

On 9/17/2023 at 1:10 AM, Gerdie_3000 said:

Damn. I had OCD really bad back when I was a young teenager years ago, (real OCD, diagnosed by doctors and not TikTok) like really bad, controlling everything in my life. I got it beat by help of cognitive therapy, and have actually been free of it for many years... Or so I thought, before I read that thing with fixating on text in games like you do. I now realize that I do exactly the same thing, I can read the same pieces of lore over and over again, or hear the same audiolog again and again, or sometimes I record cutscenes to see them again as I have an over fixation on being sure to follow along with the plot. Before I just figured that that made sense, as it is normal to want to understand the game you are playing. And I have been free of OCD in every other part of my life for almost 2 decades, so I never suspected that was the reason, but now you made me realize that it must be that. I also avoid really text heavy games for that reason. 

Guess I have some work to do with myself, I dont want that shit taking over again. I hope you win the fight with yours too! 

I've started recording cutscenes recently...  I hate OCD. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you beat yours again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDevil757 said:

I've started recording cutscenes recently... 

Honestly that doesn't sound a bad thing to have at your disposal nowadays since its so rare to get a cutscene viewer and games are so much longer it's a pain in the ass if you fancy rewatching parts of the game xD (or maybe miss something because, I dunno, a pet suddenly jumped on your lap)

Luckily there are folk who upload them in high quality to YouTube though, but even so, standardise being able to rewatching scenes! 

12 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Honestly that doesn't sound a bad thing to have at your disposal nowadays since its so rare to get a cutscene viewer and games are so much longer it's a pain in the ass if you fancy rewatching parts of the game xD (or maybe miss something because, I dunno, a pet suddenly jumped on your lap)

Luckily there are folk who upload them in high quality to YouTube though, but even so, standardise being able to rewatching scenes! 

Not when you're watching it for the 20th time because you didn't hear the 3rd word in the 5 sentence "just right"

• Like 1

3. Stranded Deep. Hated that game with a passion. Progged most of it with my partner, then the co-op bugged out and wouldn't let us play together anymore. So I had to re-do the entire thing solo. Horrific!

2. Cities Skylines. Adore the game, but the "what the" trophy is absurd. Having to leave your PS on for days at a time trying to pop an extremely rare natural disaster was the antithesis of fun. Got very lucky with the PS5 version, but the PS4 one was pure hell. It took months.

1. The Elder Scrolls Online. Just ugh. Buggy, buggy, buggy. Emperor was absolute hell. Grinding all the fish was mind numbing and 100%ing all the zones took an eternity. Still, one of the plats I'm most proud of!

This would be the horrible battle trophies grind in Star Ocean 4. This just broke me mentally and had me second guessing myself if I really wanted to do it. I did in the end but never again.

This is just choking in difficult videogames. It’s really heartbreaking messing up one final jump after hours of practice and attempts.

My final no death run in SMBF. Missed the very easy final jump and it has cost me at least around another 10 hours of attempts before I got it.

Same can be said about this one.

Although I was very disappointed when it happened, I luckily got my no death run a few attempts later.

It’s just basic RNG trophies. I feel like I must be one of the unluckiest gamers out there. It’s always the same, I can never seem to get lucky.

Like spending 45 hours searching for a stupid white t shirt in Blackout in Black Ops 4. It was horrible.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

1. That time I platinumed Peppa Pig World Adventures on my main account by accident and hid the game from my profile.

2. Getting the platinum for Real Farm on PS4: An absolute mess. I couldn't do a glitched trophy without being on version 1.00 and I couldn't play the game on 1.00 on PS4 Pro so I had to buy a whole new base model PS4 to get that one trophy. (I still use that base model PS4 to this day thankfully)

3. Messing up the Vita trick a few times, not my best move.