Top 3 horrible moments in your trophy hunting

IvoryRose88

That's not OCD. That's just not liking to see something that's not at 100%. It's more like OD ?

I suffer with OCD and it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Mine will stop me from playing very heavy text games. I'll fixate on one line then one word. It's really horrible tbh.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

That's not OCD. That's just not liking to see something that's not at 100%. It's more like OD 1f606.png

I suffer with OCD and it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Mine will stop me from playing very heavy text games. I'll fixate on one line then one word. It's really horrible tbh.

Whatever it is, its not good. Lol. Unfortunately, i do however suffer from OCD that runs in my family. This obsession to 100% these games may or may not be related to my OCD? I hate odd numbers and will pop trophies to make progress even numbered if possible or i cant focus my mind until its an even percentage. Ill even go as far as calculate the math before i finish a game for the night to make sure trophie percentages are even or ill have anxiety all night and cant focus and sleep. I also have other issues as well but have managed to control it alot better as i got older. I agree its horrible. The anxiety over the stupidest things cant be understood unless you suffer from it yourself.  My brothers ocd is so bad, he turns on and off a lightswitch a bunch of times or he will believe something bad will happen to his son or he will have bad luck. Among other things. Unfortunately, im even seeing things in my 7 year old daughter now. But on the positve, it also helps me maintain a routine and make sure everything in my life is in order which helps me succeed.

Edited by IvoryRose88

5 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Whatever it is, its not good. Lol. Unfortunately, i do however suffer from OCD that runs in my family. This obsession to 100% these games may or may not be related to my OCD? I hate odd numbers and will pop trophies to make progress even numbered if possible or i cant focus my mind until its an even percentage. Ill even go as far as calculate the math before i finish a game for the night to make sure trophie percentages are even or ill have anxiety all night and cant focus and sleep. I also have other issues as well but have managed to control it alot better as i got older. I agree its horrible. The anxiety over the stupidest things cant be understood unless you suffer from it yourself.  My brothers ocd is so bad, he turns on and off a lightswitch a bunch of times or he will believe something bad will happen to his son or he will have bad luck. Among other things. Unfortunately, im even seeing things in my 7 year old daughter now. But on the positve, it also helps me maintain a routine and make sure everything in my life is in order which helps me succeed.

I stand corrected. That's definitely OCD. I'm with you with odd numbers though but not to your level.

• 11 months later...

OP asked for 3 moments, but i'm going to post 4

My top worst moments is:

3 - Injustice - The max

I was playing really well, I almost beat the last opponent, until the IA began to conspire against me.

Nightwing started to read my inputs and kicking my ass endlessly and i lost in the end.

Injustice have a pretty cheap IA, that's why i don't think this game is difficult.

2 - Super Meat Boy

When i was working for Impossible Boy trophy, I did a 1-19 level sequence without dying. On the 20th, I died on the last blade. Needless to say, my heart started to race and almost exploded with rage and frustration.

Happily i got some decent rest and managed to earn the trophy on the same day.

1 - GTA IV - AWP

After +10 long boosting hours with pure stress, hunger, heavy migraines, and some sleep time lost, the godamn trophy didn't unlocked.

I got sad, frustrated, furious and desperate because this godamn achievment.

Since that day, I never accepted doing more than three hours of boosting sessions.

Bonus 

Star Ocean 4 - World's Biggest Welch Fan

To obtain this trophy, you must create every item in the game. This will require that you invent every recipe, and create every item from those recipes. The game doesn't keep track of which items you have created, and here is where i messed up, because i got lazy and understimated the power of the checklist.

I spent an entire day (+15hrs) farming ingredients and creating all the items, but the trophy not unlocked, i lost something in the last recipes.

In the end, i had to make all that shit again (now bringing with a checklist with me) and marking every item one by one.

Another long, stressful and tiresome day.

One of my worst gaming moments ever 

Moral of the story: Bring a checklist with you whenever possible.

Edited by MegaMegu__
  • Like 2

Well I don't really have any horrible moments.

3- Scintillatron 4096

I was attempting the perfect 20 and 75 million points trophy thinking it sounds extremely easy and no clue why nobody bother earning the trophy. Needless to say it was very easy the game doesn't get difficult till after wave 20. And for the 75 million points I just continued playing since I was almost there. I will earn the platinum soon just finishing other games first.

2- Fortnite

After spending 5 months for each of those grind trophies the trophy finally unlocked and platinum did as well. Its a easy task but the grind isn't worth it.

1- Spacejacked

Another random game no one has ever played. The challenges in this game are very difficult majority of the challenges disable your weapon which means your turrets have to kill everything for you. On less you find videos showing how to do each challenge this isn't a easy platinum.

• Like 1

I don’t have OCD, but my brain does cease to function if things aren’t meticulously organised. I can’t think in a room full of clutter - which is hard with 3 bambino’s!

I missed out on the Ps3 generation so when I got a PS4 for me and my daughter I wasn’t really aware of the trophy system. She played any and every game she fancied including starting every single Lego game. She bought all the characters instead of the red bricks and she has made them impossibly hard to complete.

Fast forward to becoming interested in trophies which happened about 18 months ago.. I now have a profile full of random games that are not sitting at 100% and it pains me daily. I now have to go back and play every Lego game and try to get as many games as complete as possible. It’s horrific!

I think all of the games before I’ve had to complete because of my daughter being an absolute animal and all the games I have to complete in the future because she’s an absolute animal collectively make my top 3 worst moments gaming. 

• Like 1

I hurt my thumb platinuming Crash Bandicoot 2- Those damned time trials, all because I wanted the Crash 2 Platinum as my 10,000th trophy

I hurt my eyes platinuming Hunters Arena Legends- That text was so small I had to strain my eyes to read it, and my eyes just ached for a week, and I could feel them twitching in bed

I hurt my sleep schedule platinuming Beyond Two Souls- Playstation had a competition to platinum the PS3 version within the month of it's launch for a chance to win merch, I achieved this at the cost of the ability to stay awake in school. Didn't even win.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well i have some stories:

-golden spatula from spongebob battle for bikini bottom got glitched and i finished the game to see if i could do something, the only thing everyone told me is to start again, but even them there isnt a 100% safe way to play the game to avoid other glitches

-one collectible got glitched from titanfall 2, which sucks because i really liked the game but i left it standby

-I rented physical version of borderlands 2, started it, played it, and when trying to join multiplayer servers it appeared a message of error, tried installing and uninstalling, but no luck, i couldnt join any way or form to get the online trophy; the worst part is that after some time they gave away the game for PS Plus, and tried again in digital version, but i still had error, which by that point, not having any kind of patch or solution for both versions is annoying 

• Like 1

1) Accidentally earning 37 Trophies from Jak 3 all together: right before starting the game, I just wanted to use debug mode to watch a cutscene, not knowing this would pop all the story related Trophies taking place before that cutscene.

2) Fall Guys Platinum rarity being ruined by the custom lobby glitch: I pretend it never happened and the rarity went up because of Sweet Thieves or other easy, yet legit modes that were added to the future.

3) Stranded Deep Platinum rarity being ruined for a similar shitty exploit.

• Like 1

3. Batman Arkham City 440 Riddles was on ps3 awful is on ps4 again .                            2. Crash Bandicoot 4 As I was really bad in this game on 2020. Toxic Tunnels after 6 long hours I finally beat the level without dying with …… 1 missing box                            1. Gearbox who destroyed my 100% account with Borderlands 1 JP GOTY

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, RedDevil757 said:

That's not OCD. That's just not liking to see something that's not at 100%. It's more like OD ?

Damn. I had OCD really bad back when I was a young teenager years ago, (real OCD, diagnosed by doctors and not TikTok) like really bad, controlling everything in my life. I got it beat by help of cognitive therapy, and have actually been free of it for many years... Or so I thought, before I read that thing with fixating on text in games like you do. I now realize that I do exactly the same thing, I can read the same pieces of lore over and over again, or hear the same audiolog again and again, or sometimes I record cutscenes to see them again as I have an over fixation on being sure to follow along with the plot. Before I just figured that that made sense, as it is normal to want to understand the game you are playing. And I have been free of OCD in every other part of my life for almost 2 decades, so I never suspected that was the reason, but now you made me realize that it must be that. I also avoid really text heavy games for that reason. 

Guess I have some work to do with myself, I dont want that shit taking over again. I hope you win the fight with yours too! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1 - Wolfenstein II, my ps4 starting to overheating, while I was deliberately trying to getting Mein Leben.

2 - Agents of Mayhem, collecting every single collectible, while watching 3H of videos, just to acknowledge that many collectibles was changed the location in a patch.

3 - Metal Gear Solid V, took so many hours to build a Nuke, but I just discovered there's a trophy to get rid of the Nuke, when another player already stolen from me.

Edited by FreneticWave
  • Like 3

Playing and platinuming The Walking Dead.  As I've mentioned in other posts, hated that game.  ZERO enjoyment.

Having one of the collectibles and my save file, the game, everything glitch out on me while playing through The Last of Us Remastered and having to do another whole playthrough for one collectible.

Right now with Borderlands 3.  I'm loving the game!  Borderlands are fun games, BUT....Glitches!  Glitches!  Glitches!  Four years later and countless patches and still a complete glitchfest.  Still a great game, but I'm going to have to do another playthrough for one trophy - the Erydium Slab trophy - for the platinum.  Also, I'm probably not going to get the 100% because I have had a few game-breaking glitches occur with the DLCs which is preventing me from getting the 100% and I don't think I can be assed with the 100% now.  I'll do another quick playthrough for one trophy, but the 100%....nah! 

• Like 3

I only really have one horrible moment, and that was the day my last PS3's hard drive got fried. Stupidly (though a valuable lesson learned) I lost all of my saves because I didn't back any of them up. I'd just purchased a PS4 so I just moved on and never looked back, but the thought of all those potentially completed games is a real trophy hunting downer.

• Like 4

Great stories guys keep ‘em coming! I’ll post mine now.

Long post incoming…

1) Hopelessly glitched trophy

This one was fairly recent actually. I started off this year in January going for a sailing/crafting adventure game called Windbound which I found on the catalog. I was attracted to the Windwaker style gameplay and the relatively easy UR platinum, little did I know this one would become a living nightmare. The whole trophy list kind of sucks, requiring a number of mutually exclusive playthroughs under certain limits and conditions. One trophy in particular called ‘Back to Basics’ required you to play through the game using only the most primitive tools and weapons which is of course both annoying and very tedious.

This trophy is notoriously glitched but the majority of people usually manage to pop it after a couple runs, but for whatever reason this trophy would not pop for me no matter what I did. I tried literally everything you could think of and extensively documented my suffering in a very long thread over on the Windbound forums.

After several months and over 15 full tedious playthroughs of the game, I managed to get the trophy to pop on a blank account using a speed run glitch someone shared in that thread. Unbelievably, the trophy popped MINUTES before the game left the PS+ catalog… on what was to be my final run before I completely gave up on the game for good. That was probably the greatest buzzer beater in trophy hunting history though and it felt amazing syncing that asshole of a trophy over to my account.

2) The curse of RNG

In the time I’ve been trophy hunting, I’ve come across very few games with as shitty a trophy list as The Last Guardian. I played it a few years ago in the summer and it was a breathtaking game and beautiful experience, but the trophies are god awful and completely go against the very nature of what the experience is supposed to be. Let’s just say it was not a fun platinum at all.

There is one trophy in particular for witnessing Trico, the giant dog bird like creature, “in the act.” This is a completely random event that can happen at any time, but if you look at the percentages of the trophies in that game you’ll notice it’s one of the most common trophies in the list. Back when I played it, I believe more people had actually popped that trophy than had even finished a single playthrough of the game. It’s a trophy that really shouldn’t give you any trouble and most people get that one without even realizing it or thinking about it.

So why did I have such bad luck? I don’t know. But after all the playthroughs required for the platinum, I got stuck with that one as my very last trophy and then had the very shitty task (pardon the pun) of playing The Last Guardian over and over and over again for the sole purpose of trying to witness Trico take a dump so I could get the platinum.

For days I played TLG around the clock, then at night I AFK’d and left my console running with the camera fixed on him while I slept. After half a dozen extra playthroughs and several dozen hours collectively spent AFK’ing overnight for days straight, I finally woke up one morning and checked to see a large green pile of giant dog-bird turds on screen and to see the platinum had popped while I was sleeping. By that point I hated the game with a burning passion and couldn’t delete it fast enough. By oh boy was I relieved. Probably not as relieved as poor Trico though who was suffering from an awful case of constipation that week.

3) Skyrim & the incident that made consulting trophy guides a regular habit

This was around 6 years ago. I believe I was on PlayStation for somethin like 6 months or so before I started trophy hunting, and once I did, the very first thing I did was go back and clean up the handful of games I had played before. Skyrim was like my 2nd or 3rd platinum ever because I’d spent a lot of time goofing around in that game before I caught the trophy bug and had already obtained most of the trophies naturally.

I think I had something like 70% of the list done naturally so I didn’t have a whole lot of cleanup to do when I went back to pursue the missing trophies. This was when I discovered the existence of trophy guides and videos, and as I was researching my missing trophies and figuring out how to unlock them, I soon realized that I had unfortunately made a choice somewhere in the game that meant I had missed a couple Daedric artifacts. I learned that I would now have to play through the game again from scratch specifically to obtain the “Oblivion Walker” trophy which spans a large chunk of the game.

It wasn’t the end of the world back then. I was new to the hobby and didn’t have a backlog a mile long, so my gaming time wasn’t as precious to me, and the concept of pursuing specific tasks to unlock trophies was still very new and exciting and kept me busy and happy. But the whole thing was still a bit of a hindrance, realizing another playthrough of a long game shouldn’t have been necessary at all.

That incident was nowhere near as bad as some of the others but it’s where I learned about the concept of missable trophies, and from that point on it became a habit of consulting a guide before every game I played to immediately check if there were any missables to keep an eye out for or any other important information.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Great stories guys keep ‘em coming! I’ll post mine now.

Long post incoming…

1) Hopelessly glitched trophy

This one was fairly recent actually. I started off this year in January going for a sailing/crafting adventure game called Windbound which I found on the catalog. I was attracted to the Windwaker style gameplay and the relatively easy UR platinum, little did I know this one would become a living nightmare. The whole trophy list kind of sucks, requiring a number of mutually exclusive playthroughs under certain limits and conditions. One trophy in particular called ‘Back to Basics’ required you to play through the game using only the most primitive tools and weapons which is of course both annoying and very tedious.

This trophy is notoriously glitched but the majority of people usually manage to pop it after a couple runs, but for whatever reason this trophy would not pop for me no matter what I did. I tried literally everything you could think of and extensively documented my suffering in a very long thread over on the Windbound forums.

After several months and over 15 full tedious playthroughs of the game, I managed to get the trophy to pop on a blank account using a speed run glitch someone shared in that thread. Unbelievably, the trophy popped MINUTES before the game left the PS+ catalog… on what was to be my final run before I completely gave up on the game for good. That was probably the greatest buzzer beater in trophy hunting history though and it felt amazing syncing that asshole of a trophy over to my account.

2) The curse of RNG

In the time I’ve been trophy hunting, I’ve come across very few games with as shitty a trophy list as The Last Guardian. I played it a few years ago in the summer and it was a breathtaking game and beautiful experience, but the trophies are god awful and completely go against the very nature of what the experience is supposed to be. Let’s just say it was not a fun platinum at all.

There is one trophy in particular for witnessing Trico, the giant dog bird like creature, “in the act.” This is a completely random event that can happen at any time, but if you look at the percentages of the trophies in that game you’ll notice it’s one of the most common trophies in the list. Back when I played it, I believe more people had actually popped that trophy than had even finished a single playthrough of the game. It’s a trophy that really shouldn’t give you any trouble and most people get that one without even realizing it or thinking about it.

So why did I have such bad luck? I don’t know. But after all the playthroughs required for the platinum, I got stuck with that one as my very last trophy and then had the very shitty task (pardon the pun) of playing The Last Guardian over and over and over again for the sole purpose of trying to witness Trico take a dump so I could get the platinum.

For days I played TLG around the clock, then at night I AFK’d and left my console running with the camera fixed on him while I slept. After half a dozen extra playthroughs and several dozen hours collectively spent AFK’ing overnight for days straight, I finally woke up one morning and checked to see a large green pile of giant dog-bird turds on screen and to see the platinum had popped while I was sleeping. By that point I hated the game with a burning passion and couldn’t delete it fast enough. By oh boy was I relieved. Probably not as relieved as poor Trico though who was suffering from an awful case of constipation that week.

3) Skyrim & the incident that made consulting trophy guides a regular habit

This was around 6 years ago. I believe I was on PlayStation for somethin like 6 months or so before I started trophy hunting, and once I did, the very first thing I did was go back and clean up the handful of games I had played before. Skyrim was like my 2nd or 3rd platinum ever because I’d spent a lot of time goofing around in that game before I caught the trophy bug and had already obtained most of the trophies naturally.

I think I had something like 70% of the list done naturally so I didn’t have a whole lot of cleanup to do when I went back to pursue the missing trophies. This was when I discovered the existence of trophy guides and videos, and as I was researching my missing trophies and figuring out how to unlock them, I soon realized that I had unfortunately made a choice somewhere in the game that meant I had missed a couple Daedric artifacts. I learned that I would now have to play through the game again from scratch specifically to obtain the “Oblivion Walker” trophy which spans a large chunk of the game.

It wasn’t the end of the world back then. I was new to the hobby and didn’t have a backlog a mile long, so my gaming time wasn’t as precious to me, and the concept of pursuing specific tasks to unlock trophies was still very new and exciting and kept me busy and happy. But the whole thing was still a bit of a hindrance, realizing another playthrough of a long game shouldn’t have been necessary at all.

That incident was nowhere near as bad as some of the others but it’s where I learned about the concept of missable trophies, and from that point on it became a habit of consulting a guide before every game I played to immediately check if there were any missables to keep an eye out for or any other important information.

@dieselmanchildRegarding glitched trophies, I currently feel your pain with Borderlands 3.  I had the erydian slab trophy glitch on me so I have another full (or almost full) playthrough ahead of me and hope and pray it doesn't glitch again.  I also have experienced a couple of game-breaking glitches with the dlc so I probably won't be wasting my time doing those DLCs all over again for the 100%.

Regarding The Last Guardian, I have that game in my backlog and downloaded on my PS4 to be played sometime in the near future.  I've heard it's an amazing game and it looks like it.  I've also heard the nightmares with the trophies and your story kind of gives me pause and makes me question if I ever really should play it.  Kudos to you to sticking it out and getting that last damn trophy. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic and honestly, I go for platinum which I truly enjoy. I admit I go for easy plats, but if I had a few stories about my platinum horror stories it would be these three. 

1. Dead Rising 4 I enjoyed the game. It wasn't like the rest of the series but the dumbness of the series was there the thing that made this platinum horrifying was a glitch that caused me to lose all my progress and you may be thinking why not do it again? I would but there was a trophy that is called Master Journalist and it required everything finished including all the online challenges guess what if your save got screwed you lost ALL PROGRESS INCLUDING ONLINE which was completely stupid. Tried redownloading the save from the cloud and it kept crashing. In a last-ditch effort, I tried something that I don't think anyone has done and that was to delete the game and redownload it but make sure that the patch wasn't installed. I started it up and I was able to play the prologue with the save. IT WAS VERY GLITCHY. Textures wasn't loading and it was buggy all around. My heart was racing praying that save could be saved. After getting out of the facility and starting Chapter 1? Everything was fine so I installed the patch and my saved was good! I got every single trophy that required a shit ton of time and my reaction to the platinum is something else lol this is a four-year-old video wow I feel old. 

https://youtu.be/Ps-M_QONwNo?si=h4fLukEvUcUa7W-N 

2. Demon Souls PS5 I think this is the best Souls game ever made. I have plat every single version and I have been playing through the series I am currently on Dark Souls 2/3. Demon Souls the reason why I put this as number 2 is because of one trophy and that was the King Of Rings achievement I believed that they fixed this after I achieved the trophy but there was one ring that you couldn't get unless you picked it as a gift and so after getting nearly every single trophy, I saw that I had to redo my WHOLE PLAYTHROUGH and so I restarted and got the dumb ring as a gift. 

3. Fortnite I truly loved Fortnite Saved the World and it was one of those games that was unique in my eyes. Homebase and Ray were so cool. The story and events were fun! The storm kingpin challenge for completing it before the new year was amazing! I enjoyed getting a physical item for playing a game. But the platinum took a shit ton of hours and for me personally, I was sixteen when I started this journey and I made a personal goal of trying to platinum it before my eighth birthday and so I grinded the hell out of it. For the Talented Builder trophy, I helped people in the PSN communities and I asked them if I could build in their base for a certain amount of percentage usually around 1-2 percent per attempt and this made the trophy pretty easy to attain. With Guardian Angel, World Explorer, and Play Well with another trophy, I grouped them all together. The first was World Explorer, Then a few months later around the same time I got Guardian Angel and Play Well with others and the plat was mine. I wouldn't say that this platinum was a horror experience but the time it took I would say that it was a bit annoying. That is why I placed it in the third spot and also I did achieve my goal I got the platinum a few days before my 18th birthday! 

Honorable mention Dead Rising 1 I was scared of this platinum for some time and after thinking about it and getting all the other versions of platinum I decided to finally go for it. The trophy that was in my nightmares was 7-day survivor and for that, you must survive for 7 days in infinity mode. Easy enough but it requires 14 REAL LIFE HOURS. One screw up and you lose everything. I forgot to mention but you are constantly losing health during this mode so you gotta go prepare. After getting prepared it's pretty simple and I even made a video about it that flopped lol. The reason why I wouldn't put it as my top three is because the video was a lot of fun! Plus I even did my college work two weeks in advance. 

• Like 3

I generally don't go for games with any bugged trophies or anything that's overly grindy or overly difficult so I don't really have many horrible moments trophy hunting.

But there is one in particular; Mafia III. The flip/kill trophies are completely glitched and requires you to playthrough the whole game in one sitting in order for them to pop and you have to do it twice for each respective trophy. There's a workaround with downloading a previous patch but I couldn't be bothered doing that so I went the one sitting route. 

The game cannot close from start to finish which means the game cannot crash. Well, the flip run went without a hitch but the kill run took 3 tries. Got about halfway through the first run and the game crashed and had to start over. It's about an 8 hour game if you rush it so that was a solid 4 hours lost. The 2nd run, I literally got to the 2nd to last boss and I got an infinite loading screen. That was devastating and I nearly quit after that but the next weekend I ended up going for it again and I got it. 

Mafia III was really the game that made me stop going for any difficult plat that requires any workaround and extra red tape to jump through in order to pull off. It's just not worth it. So needlessly stressful as your at the mercy of the game not crashing and I'm never going through that again. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

@dieselmanchildRegarding glitched trophies, I currently feel your pain with Borderlands 3.  I had the erydian slab trophy glitch on me so I have another full (or almost full) playthrough ahead of me and hope and pray it doesn't glitch again.  I also have experienced a couple of game-breaking glitches with the dlc so I probably won't be wasting my time doing those DLCs all over again for the 100%.

Regarding The Last Guardian, I have that game in my backlog and downloaded on my PS4 to be played sometime in the near future.  I've heard it's an amazing game and it looks like it.  I've also heard the nightmares with the trophies and your story kind of gives me pause and makes me question if I ever really should play it.  Kudos to you to sticking it out and getting that last damn trophy. 

Ohh man.. Sorry to hear that. 😕 Glitched trophies are the WORST! I’ve got Borderlands 3 and all DLCs in my backlog and I’ve heard that game has some bugs so you’ve got me worried now aha! Hopefully the rest of your run goes smoothly.

I do suppose I’ve been pretty lucky in that I’ve mostly only encountered minor glitches during my trophy hunting “career” thus far. Aside from missables, glitched trophies are the other thing I look for in a trophy guide immediately. I’ve managed to avoid any major ones for the most part but I’ve been doing this for almost 6 years now so it was bound to happen sooner or later. The Windbound glitch was very disheartening because there was absolutely no explanation of why it wasn’t popping for me and I couldn’t really find any examples on the internet of anybody dealing with a similar situation. It was a very odd scenario but I’m just glad it got resolved eventually, even if I had to jump through a ton of hoops to make it happen.

As for The Last Guardian, the trophies suck but I wouldn’t let that dissuade you from giving it a shot. The game itself is a beautiful, emotional journey and unlike anything else I’ve ever played, and Trico’s AI is truly impressive as he really does feel like a wild animal with a mind of his own. The chance of that same bad RNG happening to you is extremely slim though so don’t worry too much. It’s mostly stuff like the hint collectibles that might drive you nuts, or some of the trophies that go against the grain of the experience, ie. the speedrun. It’s a nice ultra rare platinum though so at least you’ll be rewarded for your efforts. Good luck!

• Like 2

Not sure about top 3

But i have one very memorable experience with Tiny TIna's Assault on Dragon Keep...

I needed to get a chubby skeleton to spawn and i didn't have it spawn by the time i finished all other trophies, i looked it up and many people had either seen or gotten it at the start of the game or the end of the game, as the chubby is extremely rare and has RNG spawns across the whole game. 

For the love of god i could not find this chubby...
I spent 5-7 Hours a day looking for this fucking chubby skeleton for a week bro... Glad i found it, i recorded my reaction to it but i don't know exactly where the footage is

• Like 2

These were my Top 3 horrible moments, there were some that were long ass grind fests, but I'm not counting those for this list. Keep in mind I'm a completionist so I have some OCD about finishing games. It's not a perfect profile, but for the quantity/quality, it's pretty tidy.

#3 was fairly recent. Was working on the PS5 stack of NBA 2k23. After finishing the grind trophies on PS4, I went on to PS5 and auto-popped those trophies on PS5 before the season ended. Did that, uninstalled the game. Finished the PS4 stack, and went to work on the PS5 stack when the new season started. For those who haven't played NBA 2k on the current generation, they have a few trophies that are different from the last gen version.  I had to do the WNBA trophies, since they weren't on the PS4 version. But I figured I'd knock those out in Season 9 since there wasn't much to do. So Season 9 started, and I couldn't connect to a WNBA game. Figured not a big deal, maybe it's busy or something. Finished up most of the other trophies a few days later, and tried connecting again. Still couldn't connect. Opened a Support ticket with 2k, said it was an issue on my end even though I knew others had this problem. At this point I was convinced this would never get fixed, so freaked out a bit. Finally asked Support to escalate the issue and they ended up finding the problem and were able to resolve it. So in the end I got the trophy but was a pretty nervous time.

#2 still haunts my list and I've mentioned it in other threads on this site. The PS3 version of Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight. The only reason I started this game was because my wife accidently started this game on my account instead of hers. I was playing the base game, and cleaning up some levels and got an update to the game. It was mainly to make some of the online features offline because they were closing the servers. Didn't impact me, not a big deal. That is however until a couple of weeks later the hard drive on my PS3 failed. I had my game saved on the cloud, but had to reinstall everything. Which in turn showed the bug that made my list unobtainable, due to the DLC trophies changing from Bronze to Silver. Which won't allow the trophies to sync on PSN. I've been through many hoops trying to find a non-CFW solution, but have been denied in every turn. Only reason it's not higher is because there wasn't a platinum tied to it.  

#1 was a combination of bugged trophies, toxic community and dislike for a particular genre. Smite, which took me over two years to finally get through. Started the game because friends needed numbers to get some of the trophies so I joined in. Figured I could do it shortly after I finished some other games I was working on. Two months later, they introduced an update that broke a trophy, so the plat was unobtainable. As time went on, HiRez would fix a trophy then break another trophy. And I'd pop on working on the trophies that did work, and since this was my first MOBA, getting flamed the whole time by PC players for not knowing all the intricacies even though I was playing casual. Eventually was finally able to knock out the game in 2023, and I've mostly avoided MOBAs ever since.

Was a fun list to make, even if it brought back old wounds, lol.

• Like 4

Only have 2 really..

The first was Gran Turismo 5, I had just completed doing all the licences and decided to go through them again for some improvements. Got a few more golds, then my ps3 froze.... had to reboot... all licences gone... haven't touched it since.

The second was my ps3 power had been playing up for a while, randomly switching off, etc Then one day I had a clear run and finished both CoD Classic & Sly 3 but didn't bother syncing as I was so tired. The next time I switch on... hd corrupted, 2 unsynced plats & saves for 250+ other games gone ( hadn't ever bothered saving to cloud, lol)

• Like 1