How Does The Share Button Actually Work ?

xVolloxx

As the title says how does the share button actually work ? 

Sony said it's constantly recording the last 15 minutes of gameplay and when you press the share button it will capture those 15 minutes 

but whenever i want to capture the last 15 mins it never works ! there's odd clips of various lengths from various games there but not the game i'm currently playing and if it does record it's always the wrong clip , i just can't get a hang of it , it seems pretty random

is anyone else having this issue or know how the Share button works ? 

Iv'e done some really cool stuff on certain games and was upset when it didn't record it , sometimes it does though so it's pretty damn odd .

• 4 weeks later...

Yup it's buggy.  Good news is Sony is removing or have removed HDCP so you guys can go get a proper capture card.

Do you have a source for that? I've really been thinking about getting a capture card and if I can use it with the PS4 it may convince me to spend the money.

So this Share button actually is a piece of crap, as I suspected...

I wouldn't say it is a piece of crap, it just isn't working as intended right now. Once they get everything sorted the share button will be a pretty cool piece of kit, in my opinion. 

Parker

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any trouble for video, if I do something cool, I hit it.  They've always been there.  Screenshots by holding it down are too slow and not good for capturing a moment, but you can do landscapes, leaderboards and things with it.  Not being interested in a full setup, I like having it for quick facebook bragging.

Hey guys, I just found out that you can change the function of the share button. Normally, pressing it once saves a screenshot and the last 15 minutes of gameplay, Holding down takes a screenshot. BUT, it can be changed so that tapping the button just takes a screenshot.  Check your settings, that may be why you have missing videos.  Just hit the share button to bring up the share menu, then go into the options and you can set it up how you like.

Also, you can start the recording of a clip by double clicking the share button, and end the clip by hitting it again.  That's a much more precise way of getting what you want.  

The last trick I know is if you are remote playing to a Vita, the Share button maps to the Vita's Select button and has the same presses. (Options maps to the Vita's Start button likewise.)

Hope that helps!

Edited by Dominalex
  • Like 1