Are sims like this one educational?

I know very little about cars. I can drive one quite well, but that's where my interest and interaction with them end.  Would a game like this broaden my understanding of what goes on under the hood?  Perhaps my love of video games can act as a conduit to learning a bit more.

24 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

I know jack about cars, but I  don’t take my car to the shop when it needs work ever since doing car mechanic simulator. You get a good understanding of the parts.

Is that right?  My curiosity has piqued.  Maybe if I see it on sale one day.

I know that I enjoy a lot of these task simulator type games. As for educational, let me put it this way: Took me half an hour in Motorcycle Repair Simulator to figure out where one specific part, that turned out to be right in the front area and easy to find, after disassembling nearly the entire vehicle. I learned several things in that half hour.

• Like 2

Any simulator worth a salt can be an educational tool. The simulator genre is one of my favorites because I get to experience professions or past times I don’t in real life. Especially on the PC where there’s an abundance and anything you can think of you can probably play as. I had a lot of fun with the Car Mechanic simulators because they are simplified, maybe too much to a point, and it guides you to what you have to do. I did learn a bit about the different parts of a car engine and whatnot.

• Like 1

Just starting the 2021 version now but the 2018 version wasnt too bad in terms of having the names of the parts and where they go, obviously you are not going to be a fully qualified mechanic at the end of it but you should learn quite a lot if that is what you want to do.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

• 10 months later...
On 11.08.2021 at 9:04 PM, dakk55 said:

From what I can see in the trailer, they do go in-depth in car mechanics. But speaking as an engineer, they simplified a lot of stuff that goes into engineering for the sake of gameplay.

It's really cool that in this game, cars and their tuning can be customized depending on your gender. I am currently researching the issue of gender equality and on the page https://samploon.com/free-essays/gender-equality/ I read some interesting information about this topic and how it unfolds in the gaming industry.

I agree with you.
Edited by pocket-sport1