Hades - Divided by death prophecy

IvoryRose88

Once you have maxed out Achilles' and Patroclus' affinity, you'll get dialogue (at some point) from Achilles about "risking it all" to be with Patroclus in Elysium. When that happens, you need to break his contract which can be found in the administrative chamber.

Nyx will tell you where it is once your affinity with her is also high enough. I'm pretty sure I had also completed the Nyx + Chaos prophecy first before she gave me the location of the contract. 

Same thing happened to me it took hours to get their prophecy, Basically i had to keep on taking to patroclus over and over again and then just die after you reach him, also keep talking to nyx and Achilles when you return home. You have to have a administration Chambers too where the contract doesn't appear until you repeat what i just said above i.e talking to all three. Reaching Patroclus isnt too bad as you can max out keepsakes along the way and also i did the 30% pierced butterfly trophy too which was super easy with the bow for me. Overall it took me about 8 hours just to get this prophecy.         

On 8/22/2021 at 9:20 PM, Xylobe said:

Sisyphus has his own unrelated prophecy and trophy-- Divided by Death is for Achilles and Patroclus.

Sorry got characters mixed up. But yes ive maxed out both a while ago and have been talking to them everytime. Ty

On 8/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, SepsVampFrench said:

Same thing happened to me it took hours to get their prophecy, Basically i had to keep on taking to patroclus over and over again and then just die after you reach him, also keep talking to nyx and Achilles when you return home. You have to have a administration Chambers too where the contract doesn't appear until you repeat what i just said above i.e talking to all three. Reaching Patroclus isnt too bad as you can max out keepsakes along the way and also i did the 30% pierced butterfly trophy too which was super easy with the bow for me. Overall it took me about 8 hours just to get this prophecy.         

Yeah, ive been talking to everyone when i complete a run. All 3 of those characters. Just hoping im close. Sigh.

Edit: I finally had this trophy pop. Thanks for all the help.

Edited by IvoryRose88

4 hours ago, MoreThanAble said:

I'm having this same issue, everything else done and on the verge of 100 runs. I read in another forum it could be to do with looking at Patrocolus entry in the codex but swear j have done that a bunch. Will keep trying

This is literally one of the last trophies everyone gets. Achilles and patrocolus'  stories take forever. It might have to do with when you started giving them both nectars. Just make sure to talk to them and give them nectar every run. They will keep talkijg about each other and eventually (it takes forever) the divided by death prophecy will show up in the book by the mirror. Then you will do another 4 or 5 runs before they reunite. Also has a little luck hoping to run into patrocolus on your runs. I didnt even get archilles chopathic companion until around when i got the divided by death prophecy.

• 3 weeks later...

Man for real. I just finished EVERYTHING left in the game: got all the characters relationships maxed out, all weapons aspects maxed out too, all the keepsakes maxed out and all the achievements obtained, plus epilogue done too. Maybe was like 25+ runs ago that I had that Achilles or Patroclus conversation about risking it all and stuff, and now they both say nothing to me but "I cannot teach you anything else". Had their relationships maxed out for a damn while too, at their locked hearts. I'm really tired of this game and bothers me because it was going so well until I had to face the RNG dialogues bullshit. Im at 80 runs right now more or less and can't see this prophecy to pop up yet. And the worst part about it is that I just have to continue playing braindead until it pops, maybe next run, maybe in the next 30. Ffs.

1 hour ago, totakos1 said:

@TheOnask need to talk to Nyx also and then go in the chamber and get the contract! I am mentioning it just in case!

Yeah I always do it after every run, with every available character, since the beggining, but she only says random stuff to me, never related to Achilles/Patroclus. Also, every other character right now says stuff like "I have job to do" or "You did it good last time", like I already exhausted every line with them. Achilles does not even have an exclamation sign anymore and Patroclus chamber haven't showed up the last 15 runs though. He didn't tell me anything relevant, anyways (Something like how I'm I doing). I also checked the administration chamber several times between runs, but no mission there either.

I'm gonna lose my mind at this rate xD

Edited by TheOnask

Sorry to hear that so just in case there is no rng related! You did trigger the dialogue that says to tell Achilles to risk it all? And then you talked to Achilles, Hades and Nyx followed by picking up the contract? And you have finished all the other prophecies that include other NPC? These questions are only for u to see if u missed something! @TheOnask

12 hours ago, totakos1 said:

Sorry to hear that so just in case there is no rng related! You did trigger the dialogue that says to tell Achilles to risk it all? And then you talked to Achilles, Hades and Nyx followed by picking up the contract? And you have finished all the other prophecies that include other NPC? These questions are only for u to see if u missed something! @TheOnask

What I think that happened is the RNG was just bad as hell to me and both epilogue and Achilles quest collapsed in one or something and I am somehow seeing again some dialogues that I've already seen before, like the one when you carry Achilles' keepsake to the Elysium and talk to Patroclus. This is random as hell because some runs I interact with Patroclus and he tells me quest related stuff again, and when I come back to the house of Hades, Achilles just tells me random shit like "You can do it", and Nyx, the same, but about Zagreus' mother or his relation with Chaos or whatever. I finished the game (epilogue and the rest of the achievements) like yeah, 20-25 runs ago and still no sight of this damn quest. Also tried to die in the second or third chamber to see if it makes progression and was definetly a waste of time for me so I do not recommend doing it.

For your question, yes, I've finished every other character relationship, including all of their hearts and dialogues at this point (I guess), because they all tell me the same 2 or 3 lines every time like "I have job to do" or "keep it up". I can't just make it to the contract part. It just does not appear for me, doesn't matter how many runs interacting with everything I do. I think is the RNG laughing at me and just need to keep doing runs until some point when Achilles will decide to tell me to help him and get the damn contract. Going to start another game for the meanwhile and this will eventually come one day because I'm just not having fun doing meaningless runs anymore after 90+.

i

5 minutes ago, TheOnask said:

What I think that happened is the RNG was just bad as hell to me and both epilogue and Achilles quest collapsed in one or something and I am somehow seeing again some dialogues that I've already seen before, like the one when you carry Achilles' keepsake to the Elysium and talk to Patroclus. This is random as hell because some runs I interact with Patroclus and he tells me quest related stuff again, and when I come back to the house of Hades, Achilles just tells me random shit like "You can do it", and Nyx, the same, but about Zagreus' mother or his relation with Chaos or whatever. I finished the game (epilogue and the rest of the achievements) like yeah, 20-25 runs ago and still no sight of this damn quest. Also tried to die in the second or third chamber to see if it makes progression and was definetly a waste of time for me so I do not recommend doing it.

For your question, yes, I've finished every other character relationship, including all of their hearts and dialogues at this point (I guess), because they all tell me the same 2 or 3 lines every time like "I have job to do" or "keep it up". I can't just make it to the contract part. It just does not appear for me, doesn't matter how many runs interacting with everything I do. I think is the RNG laughing at me and just need to keep doing runs until some point when Achilles will decide to tell me to help him and get the damn contract. Going to start another game for the meanwhile and this will eventually come one day because I'm just not having fun doing meaningless runs anymore after 90+.

i am pretty sure Patroclus will give the quest. You have to keep going to him and talk to him. have you done this and how many times and what does he say to you? 

I remember i had to get the scroll from the administrative room by talking to Nyx first. Then i bought contractor blueprint. Archilles eventually gives the divided by death prophecy in the book by the mirror. After a decent amount of runs it finally gets fulfilled. I think you have to find both archilles and pat with each other before it gets fulfilled.  Good luck.

Edited by IvoryRose88

4 hours ago, SepsVampFrench said:

i

i am pretty sure Patroclus will give the quest. You have to keep going to him and talk to him. have you done this and how many times and what does he say to you? 

So at 100 runs right now, still no sight of Patroclus yet. Achilles still says nothing to me. I'm almost sure like you that I just have to continue doing runs until I find Patroclus and he decides to talk to me or something happens back at the house of Hades. Man I'm having like the worst RNG possible haha

14 minutes ago, TheOnask said:

So at 100 runs right now, still no sight of Patroclus yet. Achilles still says nothing to me. I'm almost sure like you that I just have to continue doing runs until I find Patroclus and he decides to talk to me or something happens back at the house of Hades. Man I'm having like the worst RNG possible haha

Im not 100% certain, but i think when i gave up a run and redid it, it had the same RNG. I guess you could test this with the 1st few rooms on a run. If so, if you did a run and didnt find Pat, you could give up and take opposite branvhing paths to find him easier. Good luck, this kind of stuff is super annoying.

38 minutes ago, TheOnask said:

Patroclus - Hades Walkthrough - Neoseeker

So you never seem to find him in this room? it is a little before the two bosses? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOnask said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/113831-divided-by-death/#comment-2411816

I posted a method in this thread how to find Patroclus in every run, just backup your save in the intermission area before starting Elysium. If you don't find him the first time, just reload your save and take another path. I found him every time using this method. You still need several runs to get through all the dialogue.

Edited by CabDK
  • Like 1

Alright so thanks you all for the tips and strategies, but I'm parking this game for a while because I'm getting so tired of it that it's not fun anymore. Will do a pair of runs everyday until Patroclus dialogue pops up and end this torment haha

Too many games in my backlog and coming up more worthy of my time that Hades right now. This RNG dialogue bullshit with a "main quest" even after finishing the story making me play even twice as many hours after completing it just killed the game for me. Just a nonsense. Anyways, when I eventually obtain it, maybe tomorrow, maybe in a couple weeks, I will update this, so if this happens to anyone, he can be warned before the disaster xD