Don't buy the DLC if you haven't got the platinum

Waxberries

If you haven't got platinum don't buy the DLC as it will add tons of stupid garden tasks. And completing the original tasks 100% will no longer unlock the 100% task trophy. And the garden tasks are endless. I have spent 5 hours already just on the garden tasks and still got 2 (don't know if more is following, I'm on the Japanese Garden task) it will be seriously wasting time. And showing developer's incompetent. Please AWARE!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Waxberries said:

If you haven't got platinum don't buy the DLC as it will add tons of stupid garden tasks. And completing the original tasks 100% will no longer unlock the 100% task trophy. And the garden tasks are endless. I have spent 5 hours already just on the garden tasks and still got 2 (don't know if more is following, I'm on the Japanese Garden task) it will be seriously wasting time. And showing developer's incompetent. Please AWARE!

Thank for the warning on this one! House Flipper is a game i wanted for a while now, and was interested in getting it, still am of course. But yeah, don't think i'll be buying that DLC for a while then. Since A. It ruins the trophies and B. £15 is way too much for garden DLC for a game like this  xD

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can. But that's extra 4-5 hours needed and extra grinding. 

I did it this way. 

One of the trophy required you to complete all the tasks, while original tasks are completed (and should pop the trophy), if you have DLC installed, you have to complete DLC tasks as well. These are tedious and not related with DLC trophy. You can't even uninstall DLC and revert back. It tells you to install DLC again. 

22 minutes ago, Waxberries said:

You can. But that's extra 4-5 hours needed and extra grinding. 

I did it this way. 

One of the trophy required you to complete all the tasks, while original tasks are completed (and should pop the trophy), if you have DLC installed, you have to complete DLC tasks as well. These are tedious and not related with DLC trophy. You can't even uninstall DLC and revert back. It tells you to install DLC again. 

The only way around that, would be to play offline without the DLC or patch installed and start a new game from scratch.

• 7 months later...

Look, I'll simp for House Flipper all day and night. But the garden DLC, much as I enjoyed it, has some major task detection issues. Not sure if the console version has it or not, but switching on grids in settings really helped on PC for cleaning up small fiddly stuff.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 3:26 AM, Jelly Soup said:

Look, I'll simp for House Flipper all day and night. But the garden DLC, much as I enjoyed it, has some major task detection issues. Not sure if the console version has it or not, but switching on grids in settings really helped on PC for cleaning up small fiddly stuff.

I never had any issues like that when I did this DLC over a year ago in the PS4 version.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 7 months later...