a

hghgghdgghgh

You better get your wireless to work then, becouse when you go online with 3G all the time you will need a huge data bundle since a lot of games require psn connection. I only use 3G in emergencies or vacation to synchronise trophies ( limited save space trophy lists on vita itself ). When you game a lot i reccomend wifi, and turn 3G off seperately.

Okay, then you can use 3G. On the vita 3G model you can switch mobile network ( 3G ) on in settings. When your sim card is activated it should work. Note that it can take some time ( depending on provider ) to activite the simcard, i don't know what provider comes with vita 3G in your country, i dont think you can choose, sim is included so you have to use that one.

I use Vodafone in the Netherlands. Its prepaid and i also use it to sync trophies. And like i said in emergencies, no wifi or vacation. Still note that some games require constant connection. One time synching trophies can cost as much as 0,70 euro to 1,00 euro depending on connection time / amount of data...

Off course you need to buy the 3G model, and dont worry, it comes with a good guide or else check the forums if you have trouble.

No, vizi is right, he means you can set your phone to become an wifi accespoint. The vita picks up the wifi signal from the phone. This works, i connected my tablet once that way. Offcourse this is not the most simple or direct way to connect and i dont know how fast it is.

Best is to just have a 3G sim with a large data bundle, or like most people, wifi. Its true that 3G doesnt always work. Sometimes the PSN will not connect becouse of security reasons.

You only need modem rights on your contract if your smartphone is a non-jailbroken Apple device, Android (and Windows i think) will let you setup a tethered wifi connection without any consent from your mobile provider. It does however cost a fortune if you don't have a unlimited data plan and isn't too good for multiplayer games (at least in the UK).

You better get your wireless to work then, becouse when you go online with 3G all the time you will need a huge data bundle since a lot of games require psn connection. I only use 3G in emergencies or vacation to synchronise trophies ( limited save space trophy lists on vita itself ). When you game a lot i reccomend wifi, and turn 3G off seperately.

^This! Personally, I don't think a data plan is worth it for the Vita. You're better off just fixing your Wifi unless you like to play online but are on the road a lot.

• 2 weeks later...