Langrisser appreciation

Nelson_

13 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I'm not sure about the art, I liked the old better. And character models look like they are from a cheap mobile game. The original games were enjoyable enough, why do we need remakes of them?

Completed once the snes version and the art in the remake is better by a milestone over the tiny face portraits and the character models were fine for me.

The originals being so old they can always use some rework and even add more content along the arranged soundtrack. So why not?

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

• 2 weeks later...

This game looks pretty cool, I have never played Langrisser before though. I only see 2 female char on cover, is there more beautiful ladies in the game? xD

The game is on sale atm for 60% off, bringing it to a nice $19.99. I'm kind on the fence though, since it's going to be backlog, should I just wait a few more months like xmas/new years sale and hope for 70% off. I'll surely grab it at 70%.

I also liked that at the trophy images arent generic like some of the recent new jrpgs. How hard can it be to use different images!! 

4 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

This game looks pretty cool, I have never played Langrisser before though. I only see 2 female char on cover, is there more beautiful ladies in the game? xD

The game is on sale atm for 60% off, bringing it to a nice $19.99. I'm kind on the fence though, since it's going to be backlog, should I just wait a few more months like xmas/new years sale and hope for 70% off. I'll surely grab it at 70%.

I also liked that at the trophy images arent generic like some of the recent new jrpgs. How hard can it be to use different images!! 

There is one new extra female character on L I (betty) the others are: Chris, Narm, Jessica, Laetitia, Celia, Lucilis. As for L II are: Liana, Cherie, Lana, Imelda, Sonya.

For me it's a unique classic strategy jrpg from the 90s and still hoping for a Langrisser IV & V remake *crosses fingers* It's hard to tell this days about sales but maybe might drop a bit more on xmas.

• 4 months later...

I prefer Shining Force and Langrisser over Fire Emblem. Shining Forces I, II and III is what I grew up with as srpgs.

I'm just playing the remakes of I & II on the Switch. Classic stuff. My favourite Langrisser game will always be IV on the Sega Saturn. 

Edited by thepeaguy83
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, thepeaguy83 said:

I prefer Shining Force and Langrisser over Fire Emblem. Shining Forces I, II and III is what I grew up with as srpgs.

I'm just playing the remakes of I & II on the Switch. Classic stuff. My favourite Langrisser game will always be IV on the Sega Saturn. 

Yeah Langrisser IV also my favorite, which it had been given a chance for remake too along Growlanser II & III.

Lastly Shadow Hearts could had a remake too.

Edited by Nelson_

2 hours ago, Nelson_ said:

Yeah Langrisser IV also my favorite, which it had been given a chance for remake too along Growlanser II & III.

Unfortunately that will never happen, as the company that owns all of the sacnoth IPs isn't involved with the video game industry, Aruze Global Trading

Edited by SnowxSakura
typo
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 7:30 PM, Nelson_ said:

Gizalof is the shit as a villain.

• Like 1