Tales of X. trophies : Where do I begin?

Beyondthegrave07

I looked at the trophies for this game, and to say the least, they are very vague. So, I want to ask anyone with experience; where should I begin with these trophies? Will I get them all naturally? Should I switch characters every now and then? Is there certain artes I should go for? Thanks for the help in advance.

Start the game (I recommend Jude because of the late game events which are just... more interesting for jude and get more into detail)

Open every chest you see, fight every enemy, get all the gathering spots.

The trophies are about the in game titles, and there is a checklist on them that says how close you are to getting the trophy. It's very simple. Just remember to do everything I told you and you should have little trouble. I didn't really look at the trophies and skipped most gathering spots so I had to farm this in post game. You don't have to get ALL of them, just like 600-800 of them. 

There's a trophy for getting a lot of items, but you can buy most of the items when your shops are fully upgraded and the rest you will find from gathering spots.

Also make sure you are getting the ability trophies done as soon as possible. I would just use one character until I got his/her 150 moves done and then switched off. Also make sure you are partnering them with someone so you can begin work on the co-op ability trophies. The faster you get these out of the way the faster you can just use whomever you want.

Also as soon as you can start equiping food so you can get the 800 food items out of the way (otherwise you will be grinding that out as well)

Finally keep track of sub quests as these are very missable.

• Like 1

Also make sure you are getting the ability trophies done as soon as possible. I would just use one character until I got his/her 150 moves done and then switched off. Also make sure you are partnering them with someone so you can begin work on the co-op ability trophies. The faster you get these out of the way the faster you can just use whomever you want.

Also as soon as you can start equiping food so you can get the 800 food items out of the way (otherwise you will be grinding that out as well)

Finally keep track of sub quests as these are very missable.

That's right, I completely forgot about the sidequests. This is the guide I used for those

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tales-xillia/206745-missable-sub-events-guide.html

• Like 2

Okay, I can give you some tips on this:

-As mentioned above, you have to wrap up skill-related trophies as soon as possible (specially Jude's restore, that one's a pain if you reach high levels)

-Open chests and pick EVERY sparkling point/bag you see! You're gonna need 800 of those! Keep an eye on Aifread's treasures too.

-Once the game allows you to use food on battles, USE IT! You have to activate a total of 800 food effects in battle, so you better start that one early!

-Play with Jude first, as his story has less gaps than Milla's

-Do the sub-quests thing on Jude's playthrough, since he has access to more sub-events, increasing your odds to reach the 90 mark for the trophy 

-You should look at shop levels and item/enemy entries as a two-playthrough job. I mean, get as much as you can during your first playthrough, and then go on NG+ and inherit what you got to start from there on your second playthrough, you'll get things without trouble that way and you won't have to wait that much to see the ending :)

Having said all this, even if you ignore everything I said, you shouldn't have trouble with trophies, it's not a hard platinum, just time consuming. You just have to keep an eye on sub-events, that trophy is missable. Enjoy it! It's a wonderful game :)

Edited by omar280792

Okay, I can give you some tips on this:

-As mentioned above, you have to wrap up skill-related trophies as soon as possible (specially Jude's restore, that one's a pain if you reach high levels)

Actually I found the best place to grind out his ability. Wait until you get the 6 devil weapons, beat the game and go to Magnus Zero. There wait until you fight one of the big creatures and turn everyone to manual and Jude to restore only (also equip min. damage). Just don't do anything and you will get about a dozen restores a fight.

The only thing I really had a problem with was the missable sub-events, on my 1st play-through I missed about 3 too many so on the second run I just focused on the missable one's & did the others in post game, I also used the same guide Kirbz mentioned, & even though it has been said 2 times I'm going to say it a 3rd time, don't forget to have some type of food effect on before ANY battle, I forgot about that on most of my 1st run & had to grind about 500 extra battles for the "Sous Chef" trophy.

Good luck, it's a great game.

Edited by Masamune_316

Finish the game and use a guide for side quests, play with a few characters you like to get their ability trophies and the rest will come naturally. Not a hard trophy list there is just a lot to do.

I recommend going for side quests first because there ARE missable ones and if you miss a bunch and don't get the trophy, you'll have to do all of them again since sidequest completion is reset on NG+.

Oh, and the skit trophy is gotten easily don't worry about that either. Hardest trophy is probably getting everyone to LV99.

Edited by FearForDignity

Actually I found the best place to grind out his ability. Wait until you get the 6 devil weapons, beat the game and go to Magnus Zero. There wait until you fight one of the big creatures and turn everyone to manual and Jude to restore only (also equip min. damage). Just don't do anything and you will get about a dozen restores a fight.

I tried that too, but the Treants in the Spiritway made it so fast I didn't even bother to make it to Magnus Zero on my second playthrough lol but that's definitely a good method too :)

I tried that too, but the Treants in the Spiritway made it so fast I didn't even bother to make it to Magnus Zero on my second playthrough lol but that's definitely a good method too :)

Yeah I was at the end of the game and level 99 and realized I had forgot to do Restore (I was at 72) so I was like :o.So I was reading on the Internet for strategies to avoid a third playthrough and luckily I found that :D.

That is why BT make sure you grind out as early as you can so you don't screw yourself in the end :P

• 2 weeks later...