Is there any way to revive the Online portion?

Long-Ryde

I know the servers shut down some years ago. I've seen instances of PS3 games having their online modes supported externally, eg: xlink kai or through an external server. I read that since Motorstorm Apocalypse isn't "LAN" capable that xlink kai won't work with it. I was curious how one would go about attempting it if it's even possible because I liked this game a lot.

I've also seen in previous forums that some "Online" trophies can be earned solo? If so, which trophies are really unobtainable? vs ones that are online but can be earned solo?

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, I3arbiQ said:

Thanks for information guys. It's the first time I see custom servers and couldn't believe that it's even possible. But the concerns in the thread above are reasonable. I'll not use them.

You can use them but use another account you don't care about because Sony might do something too if you earn online trophies for games with the online shutdown, maybe not now but later on.

I'd recommend just going on it for fun using a different account.

Edited by saiyanbloodstyle

4 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

You can use them but use another account you don't care about because Sony might do something too if you earn online trophies for games with the online shutdown, maybe not now but later on.

I'd recommend just going on it for fun using a different account.

PSONE have been up and running for the last 3-4 years, Sony literally doesn't give a damn what they are doing because regardless they end up getting money from it. Think about it if dead online games are revived that means more people pick up said games meaning more money in Sony's pockets, if they haven't stopped it by now then they aren't going to stop it especially since none of this is a secret it's been publicised and is literally EVERYWHERE by now and considering the future plans to pretty much bring up every and any game they can you can be sure that Sony while they may not make any comment about it clearly have no intention of stopping them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Big-Brady said:

PSONE have been up and running for the last 3-4 years, Sony literally doesn't give a damn what they are doing because regardless they end up getting money from it. Think about it if dead online games are revived that means more people pick up said games meaning more money in Sony's pockets, if they haven't stopped it by now then they aren't going to stop it especially since none of this is a secret it's been publicised and is literally EVERYWHERE by now and considering the future plans to pretty much bring up every and any game they can you can be sure that Sony while they may not make any comment about it clearly have no intention of stopping them.

Yeah i guess so but i don't see how Sony make money from this, all those games are pre-owned copies now and no microtransactions on the store for them, also plus isn't required to go online.

• Like 1