Soundtrack is lacking

RinkuKulkan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Worst EA Trax ever.

And i cant even choose wich music i want, because, incredibly, there are 3 or 4 that i like. 

The selection o tunes in the game was dreadful. The latino references isnt a excuse. There are lots latino rythims that could be here. But only the trash was selected. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Personally I liked this licensed soundtrack better than the one off of Need For Speed Payback which I believe is hands down the worst in the franchise.

Spoiler

From it, “Ascension” by Gorillaz ft. Vince Staples was the only track I actually liked, funny given it’s the opening single/track from “Humanz” which is arguably their weakest album. I don’t hate the album but it certainly felt more like a Damon Albarn collab LP with Murdoc/2D/Noodle/Russel slapped on it and less an official chapter into the Gorillaz fiction/lore, with the addition of subtle post-2016 political/social commentary as if Donald Trump is Gorillaz canon or some shit like that.

However I don’t doubt for a moment there’s a whole lot of dud licensed tracks featured on Need For Speed Heat’s soundtrack. I’m with the OP, it’s a damn shame half the tracks Latino music and not the good kind, just Despacito ass-type beats and vocals. The rest is either hit or miss. To name a few personal hits…

• “Momma I Hit A Lick” by 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar
  • “REDLIGHT” by A$AP Ferg & MGHTMRE
  • “BIRDZ” by Denzel Curry ft. Rick Ross
  • “Mama / Show Love” by Logic ft. YBN Cordae
  • “El Diablo” by Machine Gun Kelly (despite being the goofball who switched genres after Eminem obliterated him on “Killshot”)
  • “Swing” by SOFI TUKKER
  • “Fading” by Toro Y Moi

Ok, not all that bad. As for the rest? Bleh, mostly duds aimed at Zoomer bums who lack even somewhat better music tastes.

Edited by DRY
Reason for edit: I "spoiler tagged" my potentially off-topic music related comments/opinions.

16 hours ago, DRY said:

• “Momma I Hit A Lick” by 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar
  • “REDLIGHT” by A$AP Ferg & MGHTMRE
  • “BIRDZ” by Denzel Curry ft. Rick Ross
  • “Mama / Show Love” by Logic ft. YBN Cordae
  • “El Diablo” by Machine Gun Kelly (despite being the goofball who switched genres after Eminem obliterated him on “Killshot”)
  • “Swing” by SOFI TUKKER
  • “Fading” by Toro Y Moi

I'm taking another listen to the list you compiled from NFS: Heat. It´s been a while since I played the game and I feel it´s a good moment to revisit tracks that might be worth it.

Likewise, I have a selected some tracks from NSF: Payback that I feel are really good.

•  Bonobo - Kerala (I personally like Bonobo´s work in general)
  • DJ Shadow & Nas (I mean, it´s DJ Shadow)
  • Duckwrth - Michuul 
  • Gorillaz - Ascension [Feat Vince Staples] (like you mentioned in your post)
  • Nothing But Thieves - I Was Just A Kid
  • Pos - Gravedigger (The best track in the game IMO. I feel ever garage song in NFS games should make you wanna stay inside just for the songs)
  • Spoon - Pink Up (Another garage song. Made stay inside until it was over)

Everything comes down to taste. It´s good we try to recover the best of the best from every game.