Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaslanTheGreat

Who is the king of open world games?

9 posts in this topic

I'm a huge fan of open world games and I'm struggling to get into any game now that doesn't grab me by the throat for God knows how many hours. Since so many companies make them now I was wondering who people thought made the best. I think the top 3 contenders would have to be Bethesda (Fallout and Elder Scrolls), Ubisoft (Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and a very promising looking Watch Dogs) and Rockstar (GTA, RDR and L.A. Noire) I personally have to go with Bethesda because as much as I love Far Cry 2, 3 and Blood Dragon no other games keep me glued to a screen for 100+ hours striving to get platinum like Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim.

Yeah, Bethesda and Rockstar are really good at making open world games, I love Red Dead Redemption, Fallouts and TES: Morrowwind.

Oh, how could I forget about Just Cause 2, that's yet another great open-world game.

Cant wait to see more about Watch Dogs aswell.

My personal favourite open world developers would have to be Bethesda and Rockstar.

Watchdogs looks absolutely epic tbh, the way users can enter your single player world and try to hack into your mobile phone.

There is some really good ones out there rdr was good along with GTA

Edited by DJ_MOUSEY

If you can get past the bugs and glitches, Bethesda is great.

For me it's Rockstar Games. They master every game they put on the line. 

Bethesda, even though Fallout: New Vegas' glitchiness and freezing issues made me want to throw my PS3 through my window.  Also, if some of the Tales games count like Tales Of Symphonia and Tales Of Vesperia, then Namco Bandai is a close second to Bethesda.