Extreme Frights

Infaltrator

11 minutes ago, Infaltrator said:

Wow. Seeing this game drop to 97% totally caught me by surprise. Never would’ve guessed this getting DLC. It seems a couple people have done it though so it might not be too bad.

Taking a run now. Will post update.

Do you know where the 9th and 10th pages are?

In the normal game Slappy would appear at the piano area after you get the 8th page and you see the werewolf for the first time but they both

doesn't appear. I also cannot find the 9th and 10th pages. I spent 2 hours looking for them.

2 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Do you know where the 9th and 10th pages are?

In the normal game Slappy would appear at the piano area after you get the 8th page and you see the werewolf for the first time but they both

doesn't appear. I also cannot find the 9th and 10th pages. I spent 2 hours looking for them.

Hey there! The pages are really annoying. Here’s some of the spots I recall.

- In the room that the Werewolf burst out of, hide in that room’s closet. The page floating in the air.

- In Slappy’s hidden chamber. On the shelf behind the ABC blocks that spell ‘SLAPPY’

- Underneath the chair in the corner of the Kitchen.

- Behind the rectangle box near the bottom of the stairs.

- Underneath the chair in the corner of the room with the fireplace.

If you already have all those then check underneath a bunch of stuff, including things you CAN’T hide under. You might not even see the page but still have the prompt to pick it up.

• Like 1

Also I completed the challenge. It’s not EXTREMEly hard… it’s EXTREMEly ANNOYING. Lots of spots that will give you trouble only because of poor game mechanics and glitches.

Brief Guide (SPOILERS):

Pages:

- Locations are different and super annoying. Crouch and search for pages underneath objects. Especially ones you can’t hide under. You may not see the page itself but you will still get a small window with the prompt.

Here are some of my locations:

- In the room that the Werewolf burst out of, hide in that room’s closet. The page floating in the air.

- In Slappy’s hidden chamber. On the shelf behind the ABC blocks that spell ‘SLAPPY’

First SLAPPY Boss fight in the Basement:

- I died from a red gnome during the cutscene of beating him.

Throwing the Potion Cure at Dr. Brewer:
- Sounds easy, but when you go to pick it up after initially drinking it a BUNCH of bee’s spawn. You cannot avoid them and there are zero distraction flowers. You must spam to pick it up and immediately throw it at him otherwise you die incredibly fast. Every time you die you have to re-pour all four bottles.

The 3 Switches with patrolling Gummy Bears:

- Not sure if it was always like this but it takes all the energy of your laser gun to temporarily destroy ONE Gummy Bear. They also respawn really fast. Thankfully you get a checkpoint after each switch but you will certainly die a lot.

The crashing platforms with Witches:

- Just requires memorization but there are no checkpoints in-between floors, requiring to survive all 3 in one run. Manage your sprint well and zap Witches once you know their spawning spots.

Final SLAPPY Boss Fight:

- Definitely difficult just because of the stupid laser gun. On waves 2-3 (Clown, Werewolf) zap the patrolling Witch first ( the one flying around the outskirts). This should make life easier. Shoot the orbs and dodge everything else. I’m the final phase with Slappy himself, shoot his orb back into him, just give yourself enough room. Be careful, I died from a fireball during the cutscene of beating him but thankfully the trophy still popped.

Goodluck!!!

• Like 4

Jeez. This was an unwelcome surprise. Dropped from an S to a B just because 1 trophy got added, what a joke. I just started trophy hunting 3 months ago, so I'm not sure how common this is, but that annoys me. Why would you randomly add a trophy to a game over a year after it has been released?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, auditoreblue said:

Jeez. This was an unwelcome surprise. Dropped from an S to a B just because 1 trophy got added, what a joke. I just started trophy hunting 3 months ago, so I'm not sure how common this is, but that annoys me. Why would you randomly add a trophy to a game over a year after it has been released?

Sadly it happens way more often than it should, though its usually for games that are better than this and its been happening more often the last couple years

• Like 2

On 03/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, Infaltrator said:

Hey there! The pages are really annoying. Here’s some of the spots I recall.

If you already have all those then check underneath a bunch of stuff, including things you CAN’T hide under. You might not even see the page but still have the prompt to pick it up.

Thank you !!!

The one in the slappy room was the one I was missing....jeez that was a hard one, how did you even see it over there? ? i'm currently stuck in the potion cure with the freaking bees after I make the potion. SUPER ANNOYING!

19 hours ago, auditoreblue said:

At least this dlc is free. Two years ago Conan Exiles was free with PlayStation Plus and a lot of people got the easy platinum. Then earlier this year they released $20 dlc which added more trophies to the game and frustrated many completionists. Either way, I still likely won't play through the game again for one silver trophy. The game wasn't hard, but it was a lot more annoying then needed to be. The only dlc that I'm actually interested in is the Cuphead dlc, which keeps getting delayed, so I have no idea when it's going to release.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Thank you !!!

The one in the slappy room was the one I was missing....jeez that was a hard one, how did you even see it over there? 1f602.png i'm currently stuck in the potion cure with the freaking bees after I make the potion. SUPER ANNOYING!

for anyone having trouble with the second stage Doctor boss, after some initial tries, I decided to try a different approach, and it worked, and it was extremely easy!

as soon as you are done with the potion and you regain control of your character, IMMEDIATELY run away back towards the middle island. Head to the left where you fought the big fly traps that hang from the ceiling and grab a flower in that area. Had back towards the doctor and simply throw  the flower towards the right (before you get near the doc), this will distract the bees, let you get the potion, and then just throw it at him!

• Like 1

The changes seemed very minor, & like the other poster said, annoying lol. I really like this game, so the add on mode was welcome! Reminds me sometimes of Bioshock 1/2. 

the shortcut (with trophy) for stage 2 through the ceiling is blocked off now! So I guess those looking for 1 playthrough wouldnt be able to achieve plat.

the slappy fight 1 was very annoying, & thankfully found all the pages but those def took effort (as rumble and sound hints were removed in extreme mode). 

for the final stage, they added more electrified panels, & it seems in general you can die quicker from enemies. 

for the final elevator area, i simply ignored the witches and stayed out of their way and just dashed to the top.

for the final boss, I simply stayed tight around the generator and kept circling it to get shots at the orbs while also looking down at where the witches were shooting. I ignored shooting the witches and just focused on the orbs.

i appreciate them adding the extra trophy although annoying for completionists admittedly. Would easily buy dlc for this.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:24 AM, stevetherican said:

for anyone having trouble with the second stage Doctor boss, after some initial tries, I decided to try a different approach, and it worked, and it was extremely easy!

as soon as you are done with the potion and you regain control of your character, IMMEDIATELY run away back towards the middle island. Head to the left where you fought the big fly traps that hang from the ceiling and grab a flower in that area. Had back towards the doctor and simply throw  the flower towards the right (before you get near the doc), this will distract the bees, let you get the potion, and then just throw it at him!

On 10/7/2021 at 1:34 AM, stevetherican said:

The changes seemed very minor, & like the other poster said, annoying lol. I really like this game, so the add on mode was welcome! Reminds me sometimes of Bioshock 1/2. 

the shortcut (with trophy) for stage 2 through the ceiling is blocked off now! So I guess those looking for 1 playthrough wouldnt be able to achieve plat.

the slappy fight 1 was very annoying, & thankfully found all the pages but those def took effort (as rumble and sound hints were removed in extreme mode). 

for the final stage, they added more electrified panels, & it seems in general you can die quicker from enemies. 

for the final elevator area, i simply ignored the witches and stayed out of their way and just dashed to the top.

for the final boss, I simply stayed tight around the generator and kept circling it to get shots at the orbs while also looking down at where the witches were shooting. I ignored shooting the witches and just focused on the orbs.

i appreciate them adding the extra trophy although annoying for completionists admittedly. Would easily buy dlc for this.

Wanted to personally thank you for these posts, Steven.  You have likely helped a number of people with these 2 posts.  Much appreciate you taking the time to put this up.  I'm going to clean this game up at some point.  Also, need to do both the EU and NA versions.  

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 7:57 PM, kfree7 said:

Wanted to personally thank you for these posts, Steven.  You have likely helped a number of people with these 2 posts.  Much appreciate you taking the time to put this up.  I'm going to clean this game up at some point.  Also, need to do both the EU and NA versions.  

no problem, thank you for showing such appreciation :)!!! My pleasure :D! 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just finished the game and Extreme mode today and want to drop some hints.

@stevetherican bee trick worked great! When you get to the doctor, run back to the main platform, run to the room where you can grab the flowers and throw it to distract the bees.

Hint for Slappy in basement boss fight:

• Get in a corner where you can see Slappy coming in both directions. Red and Yellow gnomes will come to you eventually and therefore you don't need to run around the basement.
  • I found that when you throw a gnome at Slappy you should wait a second. If you immediately press Square on Slappy he we just disappear. 
  • If the first doesn't work, keep trying to throw both Red/Yellow gnomes at him. If you pick up the red one you will have a short time to throw it at Slappy as he will hit and kill you.

The teddy bears.... (probably the hardest part of Extreme mode by far)

• You will get save points when you hit Red/Green/Yellow powers. This is great but doesn't make it any less frustrating.
  • The teddy bears have pathing. Learn the pathing and you can avoid most of the encounters.
  • There is a room with 3 of them. Try to lure one away, shoot him, and then you only need to shoot 1 out of 2 left in the room.

Hint for the final boss that made this extremely easy:

• Go around the outside of the area and shoot down all of the witches one by one.
  • Keep running and using boost to get away from Zombie/Clown/Werewolf.
  • Once all the witches are dead, shoot the orb down.
  • Rinse and repeat until Slappy.

Took me two tries to complete the final boss.

Good luck to everyone. Extreme mode isn't that hard as there are lots of checkpoints.