How hard is Nightmare?

J_E_B_B

A combination of things make Nightmare hard. Friendly fire is on and more brutal than the lower difficulties. More damaged received and more corruption cards at play. With that said, it seems like having more cards available will help with Nightmare. I just starting seeing more useful cards (unlimited secondary ammo, carrying a primary in the secondary slot) so I'm grabbing more before attempting my Nightmare runs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

It came out less than 24 hours ago. People are still learning the game. Give it time.

Games been out for a week in early access. Nightmare is just pure BS anyone’s who’s played it knows that lol. There’s just no way there’s 5-6 special spawns every 30 seconds or so you fight one wave another comes not to mention some of the dumbass corruption cards it throws it throws at you. There’s fun difficulty and there’s this. It’s not fun anymore I have everything available in the game so do the people I played with. The game is just purely unfair that’s all.

4 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

Considering not a single act has been beaten on Nightmare, I’d assume it’s very difficult, so how hard is Nightmare, and if it is very hard, why?

Because it’s some absolute BS difficulty to the point where it’s not fun. Nightmare beta was hard but doable after hours of practice. In the full release you play for hours and have a new variable and 5000000 special spawns thrown into the mix. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SzzPS said:

Games been out for a week in early access. Nightmare is just pure BS anyone’s who’s played it knows that lol. There’s just no way there’s 5-6 special spawns every 30 seconds or so you fight one wave another comes not to mention some of the dumbass corruption cards it throws it throws at you. There’s fun difficulty and there’s this. It’s not fun anymore I have everything available in the game so do the people I played with. The game is just purely unfair that’s all.

Think of how many people bought the Digital Deluxe and Ultimate editions for the four day early access. A majority, probably upwards of 80%, are either buying the standard version, physical version, or even waiting for a sale. Many skilled players have simply not played the game yet. Even if you have everything unlocked then it's still luck dependent on which cards you draw and then skill based on how you adapt. Also, if someone has everything unlocked already they could still have a subpar deck built. People just need to learn the game.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs

I tried it a little bit during beta and it's about this hard <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

If i remember right devs have said that they will tweak the difficulties a little bit. I've seen some streamers trying it and failing miserably. Seem to be alot easier in solo, but that doesn't reward trophies for some stupid reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Are people still playing this game? :) 

I bought it at launch, but got caught up in a mix of FIFA, Gems of War and CS:GO :D 

I would like to find a team of players, to go through the game with. So is the matchmaking/online still alive?

Its not recommended playing with randoms but it is still active.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some of the recent updates, soloing all the Acts on Nightmare is possible (just finished it myself). I recommend you have a majority of the base games cards unlocked to make some decent decks. Most of the Acts I did with a melee deck. Second half of Act 3, I went went a speed deck and Act 4 was weakspot damage/extra lives deck.